DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10/5/15 is pretty bori...HOLY CRPA ITS NEW DAY

piranesi

I could see Tamina being OK with Champion Sasha.  But there would be no motivation for Naomi to accept it for long.  It was just a few months ago that Naomi was cutting promos on how she deserved more of a chance--so now she's going to be cool with someone close to her being champion?  Nope, I can't see it.

One positive to that potential feud--the parties involved will work the angle better than Charlotte/Paige currently have.

Bah! There is no such thing as continuity in the Divas division!

On the plus side, I do agree that a Naomi/Sasha feud could be aces. 

Nah that guy needs too much work, Cena, Owens and New Day are all more credible champs then him, he should just drop his title to someone a little higher than him, like Sheamus, Orton, Ziggler, Rusev, Wyatt, Harper, Ambrose, Reigns (it could help him be ready to get the big belt, the one Cena's got in the future) Kingston, Big E, Woods, Kane, Big Show, Bonfire S'Mores, Titus, etc...and be rebuilt for a while

If they wanted to save Rollins in the short term, they should break him away from the Authority and make the New Day his dragons. He desperately needs guys with charisma as his backup, as much as I loved J&J Security. 

Plus, Seth Rollins as the Larry Appleton to The New Day's Balki Bartokomi seems like it would actually be pretty entertaining. 

I feel like this isn't the first time you've brought Perfect Strangers into this. You : Balki = Ben : Bunkhouse Buck

Nah, I think it's the first time for me, but I wrote that because someone else used a Perfect Strangers analogy on this board in some other thread, maybe a few days ago, and it tickled me.

Or I could have done so and just forgotten that I did in which case I'll stop because I can't step up to Ben's level of dedication to inserting Buck into various booking scenarios. 

What the hell even is Adam Rose's gimmick? Buzzkillington?

My favorite part of RAW.

From what I gather the Adam Rose new gimmick is that since the WWE destroyed his party he is going to make sure nobody else has fun.   So yeah basically 

So like...he is going to usurp the Authority and give us a 3 hour Iron Match between Randy Orton and Sheamus?

• Like 1

I feel like this isn't the first time you've brought Perfect Strangers into this. You : Balki = Ben : Bunkhouse Buck

Nah, I think it's the first time for me, but I wrote that because someone else used a Perfect Strangers analogy on this board in some other thread, maybe a few days ago, and it tickled me.

It was the Upcoming Movies thread. I didn't get the reference and turned it into a discussion about Deep Purple song titles. Miramax pictures presents: Nicolas Cage! Morgan Freeman! In the Paul Haggis movie:  When a Blind Man Cries.

I honestly see Xavier as someone who could be a new Bobby The Brain Heenan. Back in the 70's he would manage teams like The Blackjacks or Bockwinkle/Stevens and for the big money matches he'd wrestle with them and get the shit beaten out of him. Xavier is perfect for that role. He's such an annoying little prick on the outside. People are going to want to see him get his ass kicked. Of course for that to work he would need to officially be a manager and we know managers are too wrestling for Vince.

• Like 1

So is Stephanie booking the show or are the writers just booking to her her ego to keep their jobs? 

Seriously what the fuck is the Authority supposed to be?  Because all I see is the worst traits of every "booker who is also a wrestler" ever.  Steph does the cheap heat thing to babyface her to the crowd and then emasculates every wrestler she interacts with.  The Authority is better, smarter and more powerful than every wrestler on the roster.  So why watch the show?  Is there a payoff in any of this?  This show is dog shit.  There's no need for any of us to watch 3 hour McMachon masturbatory power fantasies.  At least Vince understood that he was a heel and needed to get some comeuppance in the end.

Fuck, can you imagine, when the Horsemen were running roughshod over the NWA, if Jim Crockett came on TV and told Flair that he wasn't shit because Crockett's the owner and that's where the real power is?  Like Flair is out there cutting a promo about living in the big house on the big side of town and wearing the most expensive suits, and then Jim Crockett comes out and tells Flair to shut up and go away because the owner is here now?  And Flair just sulks off?  God damn what the fuck has happened to wrestling?

• Like 7

So is Stephanie booking the show or are the writers just booking to her her ego to keep their jobs?

Seriously what the fuck is the Authority supposed to be? Because all I see is the worst traits of every "booker who is also a wrestler" ever. Steph does the cheap heat thing to babyface her to the crowd and then emasculates every wrestler she interacts with. The Authority is better, smarter and more powerful than every wrestler on the roster. So why watch the show? Is there a payoff in any of this? This show is dog shit. There's no need for any of us to watch 3 hour McMachon masturbatory power fantasies. At least Vince understood that he was a heel and needed to get some comeuppance in the end.

Fuck, can you imagine, when the Horsemen were running roughshod over the NWA, if Jim Crockett came on TV and told Flair that he wasn't shit because Crockett's the owner and that's where the real power is? Like Flair is out there cutting a promo about living in the big house on the big side of town and wearing the most expensive suits, and then Jim Crockett comes out and tells Flair to shut up and go away because the owner is here now? And Flair just sulks off? God damn what the fuck has happened to wrestling?

Congratulations on coming through the coma.

• Like 1

Seriously what the fuck is the Authority supposed to be? Because all I see is the worst traits of every "booker who is also a wrestler" ever. Steph does the cheap heat thing to babyface her to the crowd and then emasculates every wrestler she interacts with. The Authority is better, smarter and more powerful than every wrestler on the roster. So why watch the show? Is there a payoff in any of this? This show is dog shit. There's no need for any of us to watch 3 hour McMachon masturbatory power fantasies. At least Vince understood that he was a heel and needed to get some comeuppance in the end.

Fuck, can you imagine, when the Horsemen were running roughshod over the NWA, if Jim Crockett came on TV and told Flair that he wasn't shit because Crockett's the owner and that's where the real power is? Like Flair is out there cutting a promo about living in the big house on the big side of town and wearing the most expensive suits, and then Jim Crockett comes out and tells Flair to shut up and go away because the owner is here now? And Flair just sulks off? God damn what the fuck has happened to wrestling?

Thanks!

Honestly, I usually just watch Raw on ffwd and just watch the matches I'm interested in.  yesterday, I watched the whole thing and the stuff with the Authority just bugged the shit out of me because it's so counter to how wrestling is supposed to be booked to make money.  But this isn't a wrestling company, it's a content generation firm with multiple revenue streams and whatever other buzzwords you like, so the actual wrestling product can be shit and they'll still do okay. 

• Like 2

The easiest way to get the Authority off TV is to get the belt off Rollins.Really they're around for the sole purpose of keeping Rollins a heel champ

Pretty much.  As soon as they burn off the Rollins-HHH feud, The Authority will be done.  I doubt they have the next champ side with HHH/Steph.

Strangely enough, the person who's come closest to telling off Steph in recent months was Ryback.  And the last time she didn't get to fully tee off on someone was Reigns when he talked about the Rollins-Ambrose rematch at MITB, because HHH cut her off to confront Reigns.  And HHH's approach wasn't overly-aggressive.

Thanks!

Honestly, I usually just watch Raw on ffwd and just watch the matches I'm interested in. yesterday, I watched the whole thing and the stuff with the Authority just bugged the shit out of me because it's so counter to how wrestling is supposed to be booked to make money. But this isn't a wrestling company, it's a content generation firm with multiple revenue streams and whatever other buzzwords you like, so the actual wrestling product can be shit and they'll still do okay.

It's funny, because I had a very similar snapping moment last month.

Liked, because you didn't think I was trying to be an asshole.

• Like 1