DVDVR Message Board

Raw - 17 August 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Luke Harper joins the Shield!!!! Swerved!!!!

HOLY FUCK that would be awesome.

I would be down for that. Harper already looks like dudes you'd see cast as Blackwater type guys in movies and TV shows. Just put him in the black pants and vest.

Actually, fuck that. If he kept the same look, then he, Ambrose and Reigns would look like the most GI Joe wrestling group ever. 

Apparently there are TWO theme songs this year

Cool for Summer is one

The other song is "Big Summer" by CFO$.

There really is only one song they should be considering-

Wrong.

Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

It's the best summerjam of all time.

• Like 3

Dean Ambrose being hypnotized and all that is going to f'n rule. Bray screaming stuff like "ONLY I CAN SAVE YOU!" and the like is A+. I don't know what you're all talking about. We need more Kevin Sullivan luring-type stories in our wrestling product. I want to see Ambrose emerge from the depths of the ocean wearing snakes or some such cackling about his visions of Sister Abigail. Roman forced to fight his insane best friend now serving his arch-rival is straight-up comic book/horror movie greatness.

And you know what? To fantasy book this, what happens? A deposed Rollins has some sort of run-in with The Wyatts. A repentant Rollins wants to help save his former brother and joins up with Reigns to do so. Ambrose reverts back to Shield form just around the time Erik Rowan comes back into our workd. Shield vs. Wyatts feud again, and hopefully they do so for the rest of my natural life.

• Like 3

4RG8Z3z.gif

VpRvp8H.gif

Luke Harper is your Wrestling Jesus and God bless Roman for blocking kicks with his face.  He is not afraid to die for the sake of good camera angles and replay value.

I jumped out of my seat on that one, I legit thought Reigns was gonna come up missing some teeth.  What a match!

Please don't turn my boy Dirty Dean though, id much rather see some new Wyatt or Shield members on both sides.  I've been hoping for a female Wyatt sister (abigail) for a while now, but still seems unlikely.

I can't wait for Cena to win the belt, but i'm sure there will be a NO DQ swerve in there where HHH or lackeys interfere and helps Seth win somehow.  But I will be cheering hard for my boy Cena regardless.  NEVER GIVE UP!  WORD LIFE!

Apparently there are TWO theme songs this year

Cool for Summer is one

The other song is "Big Summer" by CFO$.

There really is only one song they should be considering-

Wrong.

Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

It's the best summerjam of all time.

Damn.  I am out of likes for today.

The look of pure surprise and joy on Becky's face after getting the tapout win on Tamina was glorious.

'm all in on the Cosmic King Barrett. I feel like this whole storyline should end in a four parter. Stardust/Cosmic King Barrett terrorize everyone on Arrow, Flash, League of Tomorrow and then end part 4 on RAW. Just have the entire DC-CW cast show up to take out the Lords of Darkness.

Rev Ray and ChessGame with the "Cruel Summer" are nailing it.  The rest of you guys, not so much.

There need to be more Wyatt dudes, but it doesn't make sense for Dean to be possessed by Bray since he's Higher on the Card.  The female idea is definitely something they need to run with - Bray needs a Baby Firefly.

WWE did a great job of making Undertaker out to be an old man pussy bitch who has to resort to diversions and cheap shot low blows to get over on someone.

This is known in wrestling lingo as "a heel."

I thought that was known as "a '95 Hogan"

• Like 2

WWE did a great job of making Undertaker out to be an old man pussy bitch who has to resort to diversions and cheap shot low blows to get over on someone.

This is known in wrestling lingo as "a heel."

62261830.jpg

You had the chance to use a Stardust picture.  You didn't.

You have failed this message board.

• Like 1

What's so great about this 'Taker is an old pussy man bitch butthurt is that Austin's clean Summerslam:Highway To Hell win over 'Taker came only after he countered Old School with.....you guessed it.... a blatant ballshot cock-knock punch into the Stunner. After rewatching it last night, I'm not sure I saw Austin hit a single move (suplex or slam that is) but he still prevailed after "cock-knock/wham/Stunner!"

Also I'd forgotten what an integral part of the build to that match and actual match was whether Kane would interfere. I think whoever pointed out that this is the perfect way to set up 'Taker/Sting was dead on. Not only will 'Taker cheat his ass off but I'm sure Kane will interfere....or at least try to until he is cut off by Sting. Because when you get right down to it Sting pissing off a bitter old desperate 'Taker by stopping his chance to avenge 21-1 is at least a reason for them to fight as opposed to another generic ICON vs. ICON crock of shit build if we are indeed getting Sting/'Taker at WrestleMania XXXII.

Last thing on 'Taker; was I the only one who got a Prince Of Darkness vibe from the "'Taker Speaks" vignette? Well, until they ruined it by pulling in tight on 'Taker's 666-year old droopy face.

As for Ambrose joining The Wyatt Family; great. I thought I was missing something last night when I skimmed over the thread and although people got the same hunch about an Ambrose heel turn few of them connected the dots about him being welcomed into the Wyatt Family. Every great cult needs a gas huffing lunatic like Ambrose. I mean he's been in a holding pattern for way too long doing some watered down ill-defined generic mishmash of Brian Pillman/Stone Cold/Roddy Piper.

Seriously, if the new Wyatt Family is going to be a force to be reckoned with what they sorely need is an established guy being indoctrinated and not just some random new big ugly monster to play third wheel the way Rowan did. Besides as others have already touched on Ambrose simply turning his back on Reigns but devolving back into a lone wolf type would likely be embraced by fans as Ambrose doing the whole DTA thing. "EFF YOU, REIGNS! JACKASS! DTA!" The way to go getting Reigns over as the aggrieved party in a feud with Ambrose is by having him join those Wyatt sickos.

• Like 1

Also I'd forgotten what an integral part of the build to that match and actual match was whether Kane would interfere. I think whoever pointed out that this is the perfect way to set up 'Taker/Sting was dead on. Not only will 'Taker cheat his ass off but I'm sure Kane will interfere....or at least try to until he is cut off by Sting. Because when you get right down to it Sting pissing off a bitter old desperate 'Taker by stopping his chance to avenge 21-1 is at least a reason for them to fight as opposed to another generic ICON vs. ICON crock of shit build if we are indeed getting Sting/'Taker at WrestleMania XXXII.

But who will turn on Sting?

But who will turn on Sting?

Bayley

Rev Ray and ChessGame with the "Cruel Summer" are nailing it. The rest of you guys, not so much.

There need to be more Wyatt dudes, but it doesn't make sense for Dean to be possessed by Bray since he's Higher on the Card. The female idea is definitely something they need to run with - Bray needs a Baby Firefly.

Emma should be the the female Wyatt. I would put Rowan back whenever he returns, plus Leo Kruger.