DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

An 100% uparmored Mammoth or Sandking is nearly as hardy as a Rhino.  They are more mobile and the cost of replacing them is significantly less.

A 100% uparmored Mammoth or Sandking will be taken out by one grenade/sticky bomb/RPG. Tanks? Not so much.

My grenades must suck or my aim is bad.   In the past, it has taken me two or three grenades to fully demolish the 100% uparmored heavy duty SUV of a bounty target, but that was a couple of patches ago. 

No real sense in investing in armor if the vehicle can't survive at least one grenade blast that isn't a direct hit, even if it is damaged to the point of being undrivable. 

I don't have regular access to an RPG in Free Mode since I am only Rank 80-ish.

Isnt there an achuevement for blowing up POVs or is it just blowing up generic vehicles?

There's a platinum award associated with blowing up ground vehicles (I am 358 out of 500) and one associated with shooting down police helis.

No real sense in investing in armor if the vehicle can't survive at least one grenade blast that isn't a direct hit, even if it is damaged to the point of being undrivable.

Disagree, there. Especially with the hack-money being gone, most people are going to be hesitant to blow you up, and will instead prefer to shoot you. Armor very definitely helps with that.

Maybe just my opinion, but to me most of the user created deathmatches I've played are just plain awful.  Most of the ones I've done seem to be one of two things

- matches with just one weapon, like grenades or molotovs

- matches that have a bunch of melee weapons, plus jets.

Sounds like Odessa is putting a lot of thought and work into his.  Wish most other people would do the same.

From the "Man, that was a dick move even for me" files, I took a car to LSC to sell it, than banked the money. When I did, I saw that the dude who'd been in there before was coming out. Naturally I pulled out my AP pistol and killed him.

Now, for whatever reason, he was in a cream-colored Fusillade. I dunno what he planned on doing with it, but the odd color meant he clearly intended something. I'm not sure what, but I found it very useful to take me the three blocks back to where I'd left my personal vehicle. If he didn't have a tracker on that sucker yet, he probably has no idea where it is now.

Disagree, there. Especially with the hack-money being gone, most people are going to be hesitant to blow you up, and will instead prefer to shoot you. Armor very definitely helps with that.

Bah, I've never been poor enough to think twice about blowing up some asshole's car if they deserve it. I did quit calling mercenaries on everyone who blinked at me, but they'll never take my sunshine away.

Won my first race last night!

Granted it was just me, Dragon and Mark and it was GTA race and it required me to blow both of them up but a win is a win!

Hit Level 30 last night so I definitely need a return visit to Amm-U-Nation the next time I get in.

• Like 1

Things are still not spawling correctly on my golf course map.

I do think everyone was amused by the addition of wacky vehicles on the course. Robert somehow ran me over twice with a dump truck but i didnt die either time because i rhink i just went under it.

(Hint: has anyone tried seeing what might be on the street OUTSIDE the golf coursw?)

Phil also proved an unattentive player with a sniper rifle is no match for someone behind them with a golf club.

I'm saying that Armor should provide you from bullets and some explosives.  That's the way it works in real life when it comes to up-armored HUMMV's, MRAP vehicles and ballistic POV's, so it can't be that hard to sim.  That's what I do for a living.

Cars shouldn't be anywhere near as durable as a tank but you should be able to survive at least one non direct hit even if the explosion totals the vehicle.  A direct hit should still blow you up, though.

Best defense against being shot by randoms is simply not to put yourself in that situation.  Do the majority of your play with your crew or your friends in private sessions.

Now, for whatever reason, he was in a cream-colored Fusillade. I dunno what he planned on doing with it, but the odd color meant he clearly intended something. I'm not sure what, but I found it very useful to take me the three blocks back to where I'd left my personal vehicle. If he didn't have a tracker on that sucker yet, he probably has no idea where it is now.

Fusilades are on one of Simeon's import / export lists that the sends to you via text and cream is a pretty cheap respray color.  He was probably prepping a car for sale at the docks.

Yeah that was a dick move, but his dumb luck for not creating a private session for himself so that he could do the job in peace.

I have begun the practice of fitting any import / export cars I steal on pub servers with an Ignition Bomb or a Remote Bomb because of douchebag ambushers that lie in wait at LS Customs and try to shoot you as you leave..

Maybe just my opinion, but to me most of the user created deathmatches I've played are just plain awful.  Most of the ones I've done seem to be one of two things

- matches with just one weapon, like grenades or molotovs

- matches that have a bunch of melee weapons, plus jets.

Sounds like Odessa is putting a lot of thought and work into his.  Wish most other people would do the same.

Mark is going to fine tune the hell out of that map.  It will be great.

Things are still not spawling correctly on my golf course map.

I do think everyone was amused by the addition of wacky vehicles on the course. Robert somehow ran me over twice with a dump truck but i didnt die either time because i rhink i just went under it.

(Hint: has anyone tried seeing what might be on the street OUTSIDE the golf coursw?)

Phil also proved an unattentive player with a sniper rifle is no match for someone behind them with a golf club.

Are there any tech support or dev forums at Rockstar's website?  I wouldn't be surprised if one of the actual Rockstar devs posted there to answer questions and whatnot. That's where I'd go for help.

Wait - you mean the Garbage truck Robert found WASN'T the outside the golf course item?

I also took advantage of the distracted sniper when I lit Dragon up with a Molotov.

Mark, Robert and I also pulled off the mission when you have to steal the plane at the beach surrounded by Merryweather guys and then land it at Sandy Shores. We (well Robert) did the strategy of landing the plane at the very end of the runway and then us clearing out everyone and then taxing the plane home.

I do wonder if we could have just plowed the road with the plane and finished up quicker. And then Mark wouldn't have committed suicide by crate.

I have this theory about why the Lucha masks were in the Offline version but disappeared from online. I think the follow up to the Beach Bum download pack is going to be the Pro-Wrestling pack. Masks, Wrestling boots, kneepads, tights and singlets, steel chair as a melee weapon, new Minutemen missions rounding up escaped Luchadors.

• Like 2

Wait - you mean the Garbage truck Robert found WASN'T the outside the golf course item?

I also took advantage of the distracted sniper when I lit Dragon up with a Molotov.

Mark, Robert and I also pulled off the mission when you have to steal the plane at the beach surrounded by Merryweather guys and then land it at Sandy Shores. We (well Robert) did the strategy of landing the plane at the very end of the runway and then us clearing out everyone and then taxing the plane home.

I do wonder if we could have just plowed the road with the plane and finished up quicker. And then Mark wouldn't have committed suicide by crate.

I wound up out there by being stupid, and had to run back to the entrance to get back in.  I had a choice between a garbage truck and a helicopter (unarmed), and decided the truck would create more carnage.

Had my first experience with a glitched player last night.  Was on a public server with jstout minding my own business, when the whole world basically explodes around me.  I was in good cover so I crept around the corner and saw an exploded tank surrounded by cops.  jstout comes over to me and we see somebody spawn over by the tank.  I figure I'll take him out for being a tank user.  I unload 300 rounds from the combat machine gun directly into this guy, and jstout does about the same, but he keeps coming like a terminator.  His character was blinking the whole time. 

jstout managed to get him a couple times when he wasn't blinking, but I couldn't do shit to him.  I finally just got out and joined a mission rather than stay in a completely pointless fight.

I did that plane delivery mission again with randoms late last night.  The guy flying the plane pretty much plowed his way through.  There were plenty of active shooters when he delivered it

I just realized I wish I had bookmarked that insanely long race we did (it was like 11.8 miles) as I want to do that with the full group.

I really need to look up a wiki on all the different vehicle stats so I stop making poor in game race choices