DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I am sorry jstout, but this had to be done. 

What did you do? Line the outside of my apartment with sticky bombs and lie in wait for me to take out the trash? Or is that a Melraz classic?

I saunter into a room tonight and him and Robert C are making some fool pay for the sin of screwing with Melraz unprovoked, so I came along to make sure everything was being done in accordance to the rules of the Geneva Convention. Actually, I started shooting the dude, too, until he got tired and left.

We then just destroyed most of the missions we tried to do, then everybody left and I'm minding my own business when I see a dot coming up on me hard on my map. I get out of the car, take cover, and sure enough, it's some dude trying to shoot me. So I shoot him about eight times in a row (he was a freakin' Level 11 starting trouble with me), he runs screaming like a girl.

I start following him like Jason Voorhees follows campers at Crystal Lake and by that time, another friend of mine who'd just joined the game decided to get in on the fun. We kick him up and down for a while, he runs off screaming in a car and both of us are chasing him down when he quits.

Good day. Good day.

But God, I gotta game with you freaks some more. Robert C was telling me some hair-splitting stories of debauchery and online sin. And I want in on it. Maybe the Classic Rock channel on GTA 6 can have a specially performed version of a classic by Jethro Tull:

Talking on his headset ...

Eyeing WeedGirl420 with bad intent ...

J.T. Lung!

Great car pics, guys! I hope one of us wins.

I was going to submit a pic of my beloved Elegy RH8 but the entry period ends tomorrow and my girlfriend is headed down tonight so that we can bail for Maryland on Saturday morning for Supa Bowl / UFC 169 weekend. I might not be on that much until next Monday, so I won't have be in-game to get a photo of my car before the deadline.

Talking on his headset ...

Eyeing WeedGirl420 with bad intent ...

J.T. Lung!

Bah.  For all of my encounters, I've only successfully recruited one girl gamer to the crew, awesome racer though she may be.

Most of the females I have run into in the past are already members of other crews.  I tend not to start the conversation, because I am sure they get unsolicited Friend Invites or PMs all the time, so their guard against the creepy is already up.  I just give them golf tips (Stop hitting into the wind, homegirl...) or public server survival advice like "Don't go into your Pause menu in the middle of the street!!!!!!" and that's how the dialogue begins.

I know of one or two sets that are all girl or mostly girl units: Female Gods and the Suicide Girlz are the ones I see online most often.   I may be persona non grata with Rank 441 Female Gods member, qx INFAMOUS xp, over a little PIT move I put on her during an auto race that sent her off the Route 69 overpass near Lago Zancudo and into the rocks below. 

Hopefully she has forgotten about that.  No bad deed goes unpunished because I still came in second after all of that chicanery (spun out on the final turn... fuck....) and had to win one more race for an engine upgrade for my Elegy.

That poor bastard that messed with melraz had a bad night.  the final kill count must've been about 50 to 15, and most of his kills were from when he dialed up a tank.  I got my miraculous sniper shot on the tank, which was cool, but I have no idea where I hit it.  Just blind luck.

My only real debauchery story was that survival I did a while back, which was just downright creepy.  Can't blame JT for that one.  He meets actual normal, well adjusted females online, and I run into whoever the hell I got stuck with that night.

melraz cracked me up asking if I was from New York.  Never had anybody hear my accent and ask if I'm from anywhere but the south. 

I don't actively recruit per se, but I leave the door open so to speak.  Moongirl is an exception because she is the daughter of a family friend.  I didn't really want to bring in a non-board member, but she had no place else to go.

Most of the gamer girls I have played golf with are aligned with the crew that their husband or boyfriend belongs to.  I have run into one or two unaffiliated female players looking to soldier up, but they usually end up joining one of the girl power crews like Female Gods.

And yeah, guys like me will throw a sticky bomb on your car and detonate it if you go into passive mode, try to run me over in a car, and think that you are safe because you are immune to direct player damage.

It's not a session with Melraz until you hear him say the 10 words that pay: "I done got the whole map pissed off at me."

I met him for the first time last night.  Literally, within 30 seconds, he said this.  

To paraphrase Shawshank Redemption: Young punk. Mr. Rock and Roll. Cocky as hell...  I liked him immediately.

This picture is definitely nothing special, but it's the only one I have that I thought might come close to being okay enough to enter.

0_0%207_zps6y37rvgh.jpg

That pic is actually fucking awesome, man!  I just got my Canis Mesa Off-Road and I love it!

melraz and RUKered were beasts with the helicopters last night. 

we had about 10 police helicopters on us in one mission coming out of Fort Zancudo.  melraz went 8 for 8 on killing them with one shot, then the last two got in too close.  I got a little concerned after the third time he rammed one of them, and we were flying upside down, but he pulled it out and got us the hell out of there.

Then Dolfan got ambitious and and dialed up Base Invaders on hard.  RUKered and melraz grabbed buzzards for air support and went to town on the soldiers.  We were able to get the cargobob out of there despite only taking out maybe 1 or 2 guys ourselves.

And Dolfan, sorry for mistaking you for our target last night.  Feel free to exact your retribution.

It's not a session with Melraz until you hear him say the 10 words that pay: "I done got the whole map pissed off at me."

I met him for the first time last night.  Literally, within 30 seconds, he said this.  

To paraphrase Shawshank Redemption: Young punk. Mr. Rock and Roll. Cocky as hell...  I liked him immediately.

I remember one night where my alerts menu scrolled "melraz has killed..." for like nine or ten players in a row.  The dude is a machine and I am glad he's on our side.

I don't actively recruit per se, but I leave the door open so to speak.  Moongirl is an exception because she is the daughter of a family friend.  I didn't really want to bring in a non-board member, but she had no place else to go.

Most of the gamer girls I have played golf with are aligned with the crew that their husband or boyfriend belongs to.  I have run into one or two unaffiliated female players looking to soldier up, but they usually end up joining one of the girl power crews like Female Gods.

And yeah, guys like me will throw a sticky bomb on your car and detonate it if you go into passive mode, try to run me over in a car, and think that you are safe because you are immune to direct player damage.

I'm just givin' you grief. Moongirl's a credit to the crew.

It's just funny because I have been in voice chats with women twice the whole time I've been playing - once during a survival, and then I was running around in Freemode once with a dude and a woman (and Melraz, at one point) and she got MIGHTILY pissed off 'cause I assumed that by the sound of her voice, she was yet another 13-year-old boy. She sounded like a 13-year-old boy, fer Christ's sake, I can't help it. I thought I made an enemy for life, but I dunno if I've ran back into them again. She was really good.

I just don't understand how someone can go into passive mode, get into a car, get blown up, then go back into passive mode and get back into a car and not expect to be blown up again.

Robert C, I've heard people swear you can snipe a tank right in the door (where people get in) and it causes damage, but I sniped a tank four or five times right in the door (clean shots) and did nothing. I dunno how effective it is, but I like putting sticky bombs on a stolen car, then taking my blip off the radar, driving into the tank and detonating the stickys. I kill myself, but if I can damage that damn tank, it's worth it.

I remember one night where my alerts menu scrolled "melraz has killed..." for like nine or ten players in a row.  The dude is a machine and I am glad he's on our side.

If it's the night I'm thinking of, about half of those came up at the same time.  We were all wondering what exactly he did to pull that off.

Yep, four at once so they must've all been in the same vehicle or in a really tight grouping. 

Most I've gotten at one time was three.  I went after a $5K bounty and two of my quarry's crewmates decided to come to his rescue and chase me down.

Never corner a guy with a grenade launcher when you are sitting in a bright red Sandking XL.

And I hate guys in Passive Mode that try to hit you with their POV.  Getting Bad Sport Points and having to pay off their insurance premiums for defending myself blows goats.

You can snipe a tank.  J.T. or RUkered (Burt?)  did it last night to a guy who thought he was going to be cute with us when he sniped melraz (bad idea), and all of us killed him about 20 times. 

After he got the tank, he blew a few of us up.  Once he was sniped out of the tank, I killed him as he was spawning.   He ran away after that. 

You can snipe a tank.  J.T. or RUkered (Burt?)  did it last night to a guy who thought he was going to be cute with us when he sniped melraz (bad idea), and all of us killed him about 20 times. 

After he got the tank, he blew a few of us up.  Once he was sniped out of the tank, I killed him as he was spawning.   He ran away after that. 

Actually, it was me that sniped it.  the problem is I have no idea how I pulled it off, just dumb luck

As I mentioned, feel free to shoot me in the head next time we meet. 

I have taken out a tank driver with a Heavy Sniper Rifle during one of the times I competed in the Saving Ryan's Privates deathmatch.  I think it was pure luck and Bull Shark Testosterone.  Sniper Rifles and the heavier variant can fire a bullet wtih significant penetration ability. 

I have fired normal sniper rounds that have passed through both side windows of a car and scored a headshot the guy hiding behind it.  If you are going to use a car as cover, hide behind the front or the rear of the vehicle..

If the tank is coming direcly at you and you are feeling foolish and brave enough, the driver is situated on the right side of the tank.  You should see the gunnery slit on the lower right side just below the entry hatch. You will need Luke Skywalker levels of Force assisted accuracy to hit that target, but it is direct headshot if you do.

You will know where the sweet spot is because you will see the player's gametag and health bar pop up in your scope! :lol:   That indicates that he is a fair target and a well-placed shot will kill him..  Call Lester and pay to have your game tag taken off the map to give yourself a minute to prep your shot without getting blown the fuck up.

I mostly just stick to guerilla tactics and my grenade launcher when I am faced with a tank rampager, can't get back to my apartment, and don't feel like quitting out of the session.

The best tactic I have seen is when every other player in the room gets into their POV's and just make kamakaze runs at the tank.  The amount of Bad Sport points and Insurance Fees the tank driver can accumulate is pretty astounding and the player can get transported to Dunce Cap Land with a much lighter bank balance in no time flat.

I met him for the first time last night. Literally, within 30 seconds, he said this.

To paraphrase Shawshank Redemption: Young punk. Mr. Rock and Roll. Cocky as hell... I liked him immediately.

He texted me last night to ask if I was getting on. I said yeah, give me about 10-15. He replies back "okay, I'll go ahead and get the map pissed off for us."

Sure enough, I get in the map and he's going "DUDE YOU BETTER GET HERE. I've got like 5 dots around me."

But as usual, about the only help I am to him is being a bullet-absorbing distraction while he splits skulls.

He's like that in every single game too. Halo=sniping god. Red Dead=sniping god. Borderlands=sniping god. COD=we were both too hammered the one night we played it and got slaughtered.

Did Del Pierro survival with Mel, Dolfan, and Robert. On one wave, they were taking everybody out before I could kill anybody and the game got all snarky about it. Sent out a message something like "RUkered hasn't contributed in 2 minutes. You can kick him from the menu." Why GTA, aren't you all sassy tonight...

• Like 1

The best tactic I have seen is when every other player in the room gets into their POV's and just make kamakaze runs at the tank.  The amount of Bad Sport points and Insurance Fees the tank driver can accumulate is pretty astounding and the player can get transported to Dunce Cap Land with a much lighter bank balance in no time flat.

That's a darn good idea. Call for an Adder or Entity to up the ante.

I keep waiting for my friends to kick me out of a survival when that "hasn't contributed" pops up just to give me crap. It's a good idea that should apply to missions - I've been on a couple of missions  where one of the players just goes off and does his own thing the whole time instead of at least trying to contribute.

Melraz shot me by accident a couple of times last night and kept apologizing, and I'm like, "dude, I know you're not shooting me on purpose. No need to apologize. Heat of battle." Then I accidentally shot at him (damn auto aim) and apologized.

I have taken out a tank driver with a Heavy Sniper Rifle during one of the times I competed in the Saving Ryan's Privates deathmatch.  I think it was pure luck and Bull Shark Testosterone.  Sniper Rifles and the heavier variant can fire a bullet wtih significant penetration ability. 

I have fired normal sniper rounds that have passed through both side windows of a car and scored a headshot the guy hiding behind it.  If you are going to use a car as cover, hide behind the front or the rear of the vehicle.

If the tank is coming direcly at you and you are feeling foolish and brave enough, the driver is situated on the right side of the tank.  You should see the gunnery slit on the lower right side just below the entry hatch. You will need Luke Skywalker levels of Force assisted accuracy to hit that target, but it is direct headshot if you do.

You will know where the sweet spot is because you will see the player's gametag and health bar pop up in your scope! :lol:   That indicates that he is a fair target and a well-placed shot will kill him..  Call Lester and pay to have your game tag taken off the map to give yourself a minute to prep your shot without getting blown the fuck up.

I mostly just stick to guerilla tactics and my grenade launcher when I am faced with a tank rampager, can't get back to my apartment, and don't feel like quitting out of the session.

I never thought about the gamer tag.  That's a good idea.  Wouldn't have helped me then, though.  He was out on the beach, and I was way the hell off across the highway and up a hill.  I so wanted to go full on Mel Gibson from Lethal Weapon 1.  "Rifle shot from a thousand yards out, through the viewing slit of a moving tank in high wind". 

I think they've nerfed the kamikaze attack on a tank with a POV thing.  I could've sworn that was announced a couple updates ago.

I don't think it's nerfed yet, but I haven't checked the update details page lately.  There are quite a few threads at the GTA formus posted by guys who own tanks that find themselves in Dunceland hours after going on rampages because of the player car bomb tactic.  I don't really sympathize but I can see their side of the story.  

There is no sense in putting tanks in mutliplayer if you are going nerf their durability and penalize players for using them as they were intended ergo to blow shit up.

An 100% uparmored Mammoth or Sandking is nearly as hardy as a Rhino.  They are more mobile and the cost of replacing them is significantly less.

More importantly, no one earns Bad Sport Points or insurance costs for blowing up a Rhino.

I think they at least need to remove the Bad Sport Points associated with blowing up a POV and just make you pay the repair bill.  It's not really fair that you can lob a grenade at a guy on foot and suffer no ill effects. but if you blow him up in his car, you get Bad Sport Points and have to pay to have his car replaced.

I used to head target guys in cars that came after me, but then someone got the bright idea of going into Passive Mode and just running you down.  Dude is immune to direct bullet damage but can still kill you if he hits you with his car.  If I retaliate with explosives and blow him up along with his car, Bad Sport Points and a repair bill for me.

I know they made it harder to get the Dunce Cap for blowing people's cars up. I've blown up three or four in a session, and it fusses, but I've never been sent to purgatory. Blowing up people's cars is my favorite thing to do if they've came after me for no reason. I know I gotta pay for it, but I don't care. It's the cherry on top of the sundae for me.

I know the reason they made that policy was to protect people from getting griefed as they came out of mod shops (the reason I never try to pinch one of Simeon's green icon premium repos in a public room), but now it is being abused. 

When a guy comes out of a mod shop, he's not targetable for a couple of seconds, so guys with bounties on their head will always take their POV into a mod shop and sit in there for as long as they can. 

They know that you can't target them immediately after they exit and if you sticky bomb the entrance to LS Customs and claim the bounty by blowing up their car with them in it (I have done this like five times), you get Bad Sport Points.

There is also the Passive Mode Vehcular Manslaughter tactic.  I think it is penalty enough just to be forced to pay the repair bill.