DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I've never had the game fuss at me for killing people in passive mode, and you figure if it's gonna punish you, it's gonna fuss at you first, like when you blow up someone's car. Matta fact, someone could just stay in passive mode running people down in a car and if someone retaliated, they would be punished. That sounds too unfair for Rockstar.

There's a glitch where you can go under a bridge, too. Somewhere near the (dog?) (horse?) track. The parking garage glitch is easy peasy. I've never been able to make that little leap you need to do to go into the barber shop glitch.

Some dude was showing me these fun glitches last night where you stand in a certain place, start a job, back out of a job, and wind up inside the building you were standing outside of. You can't really do anything, but it's still cute.

For example, you can stand on a certain place on Lester's roof, call in a Lester or Martin mission, quit it, and you'll be in Lester's house. Nothing to do there, but still. You can also do that at the FIB building and the science lab or whatever it's called. 

He was also apparently using money from the single-player version of the game and could bring in cars from the single-player version of the game, I think. He gave me a Sanchez that he claims he souped up somehow, and it does seem to run faster than the Sanchez I had. That may be purely psychological, though. He also had a cool copy of Trevor's car from the game, with the violated Teddy Bear stuck in the front grill, and the Mariachi car. Nice guy.

Oh the dude's entirely full of shit. "You're reporting me for killing you in Freemode? Good luck with that."

And yeah, if you're on the roof of Franklin's place in the hills and do that trick, you end up inside the house. It winds up glitchlike in that you can apparently shoot out of the back windows, but can't be shot in response.

Some dude was showing me these fun glitches last night where you stand in a certain place, start a job, back out of a job, and wind up inside the building you were standing outside of. You can't really do anything, but it's still cute.

I accidentally found this for myself yesterday when I backed out of Prison Thugs and ended up in the middle of the prison yard.  It didn't end well.

Good lord am I in love.

I really didn't have a go-to vehicle, because nothing handle exactly like I wanted - so I would rotate between a dirt bike, the dune buggy and an ATV. A couple of days ago I randomly came across a Vader motorcycle, near a car shop, so I decided to see what it was worth if I sold it. On the way there though... good gawd.

That thing handles *exactly* how I want a vehicle to handle. It may not be the fastest thing in the game, but it can hug the corners at a high speed; it can go off-road, and it can stop on an absolute dime. I robbed two convenience stores, in the middle of the city, and got away from consecutive 3-Star wanted levels so easily that it was funny. Whatever the equivalent of breaking a defender's ankles in basketball is - that's what I was doing to the cops on the highways. I would drive at an off-ramp at full speed, break, and then back out of it as they fly by onto the ramp. It was amazing.

Also, since you guys are constantly trying to chat up women on this game, I did an experiment: Of the five female user handles I came across today:

Two were males

Two were females

One was undetermined

If they have a really specific user name - just plug it into Google and you can usually find them online. I found one girl's OKCupid profile, and the person with the "girliest" user name ended up being a guy. In fact, he looked like a member of the Icy Hot Stuntaz.

/Online Stalking w/Reggie

Entities are hard to drive. Not as hard as the Adder, but not easy. I try to find a balance of speed and ease of driving. Yet to find a combination I'm super happy with, but I like my modded Obey Tailgater. If that's unavailable, I've got a Benefactor Schafter as a backup.

Dude's version of Trevor's car was the first four-wheeled off-road vehicle I've driven that was both reasonably fast and handled reasonably well. Still, I dunno why I need a four-wheel off-road vehicle when I've got a Sanchez to get up all those tight trails.

I did the glitch thing to get the Hotknife, but I never drive it. Too wiggly. My SUV I never drive is first to go when I get the jones for something else, followed by the Hotknife.

Edit: I'm in the game tonight with three of my game friends, and one of them offers to duplicate the other a car. I'm not into the duplicating thing, don't want anything that badly and it looks like a pain in the ass - the one time they tried to duplicate a car, it didn't work. Someone gave me a Sanchez last night, but I have no clue if it was better than the one I already had or not, and it took him about 15 seconds. 

Anyhoo, the guy getting the car is like "yeah, you can duplicate that one and that one and that one and that one and that one..." I just had to leave. If someone offers to do you the favor of trying to do something that doesn't seem easy to do, then why the hell do you ask him to do it five times? He's another of those guys who is always broke because they never do anything to make money.

Not a good night for gaming.

Two straight matches of JT blowing up the thing we were supposed to retrieve and then my internet shitting the bed during the next.

And JT and i are super rusty at golf.

I WAS AIMING AT THE TIRES~! Stupid AP Pistol..

At least we kept Rob intrigued with all of our pro wrasslin' jibber jabber.

Just as I was about to quit out, RUkered and melraz jumped on, so I stayed for a bit.  Then some guy named MEXassassin(insert randon #) shot and kllled melraz first.

Ooooo, boy.....

To paraphrase Lock, Stock, I knew that claret was imminent so I grabbed my shooter and head off to what I thought was going to be a brief exchange of bullets... which led to a fourty minute gun battle in Richman with five or six different players. 

I scored at least three headshots on MEXasassin232323232 while he was hauling ass for hard cover.  Never run from a sniper, man. You'll only die tired.

God bless, J STATUS 523. I think he threw every grenade ever manufactured at us. 

Good times.

I definitely will be on again to make up for the lack of anything from yesterday... well at least until the weather knocks out my internet again.

Fucking Comcast...

We get rain tonight and freezing rain over the weekend, probably Sunday.  I think my girlfriend said that they are expecting sleet today near Odenton, MD.

I need to be online on the same server with melraz more often when someone starts shooting at him.  I may just get to 1000 total player kills and get my Seven Deadly Sins tattoo after all. 

The tattoos for the left arm in GTA:O really suck.  I saw RUkered sporting his Devil Girl tattoo, dammit..

It seems these days if we're not doing a run of mission/races/parachuting, then we're riding around free mode, just trying to bait someone into killing us first. I've become somewhat addicted to it.

I was doing unusually well against a player (I think is was MEXassassin) so I checked his rank. It was 15. I told Mel about it, so we decided to stop messing with the guy since he was so low level, but he just wouldn't stop coming back.

Just as an experiment, I decide to send him a message that said "sorry dude - I didn't realize you were level 15." That led to an immediate friend request and him driving up to me in a Comet blowing the horn constantly. I decided what the hell - I'll get in. Only problem was his car was locked and he apparently had no clue how to change it. Just kept pulling up to me blowing the horn. I almost stuck a grenade up his ass out of principle, but Mel took care of him shortly.

And we also kept calling J STATUS 523 "Jstout" accidentally. Dude got me with a couple of those grenades because I decided to try and just run him over with random cars. And I've got to stop using my high-end personal vehicles when I'm raising hell in free mode. I must have lost 40 grand last night because of impounded vehicles. I've gotten too lazy to get them out of the impound lot and just do the "call the mechanic for another vehicle, then call Mors Mutual to replace the Entity" technique.

• Like 1

Yep, only getting rain.  Bad stuff won't hit until Sunday night.   Looks like I am taking my kid to see The LEGO Movie on Saturday afternoon.

Hey, I am only ten more deathmatch kills away from the Death Toll Gold Medal!  I wish that the rare random deathmatch invites I got weren't usually for SEAL Team Six or Saving Ryan's Privates. 

Not a good night for gaming.

Two straight matches of JT blowing up the thing we were supposed to retrieve and then my internet shitting the bed during the next.

And JT and i are super rusty at golf.

I WAS AIMING AT THE TIRES~! Stupid AP Pistol..

At least we kept Rob intrigued with all of our pro wrasslin' jibber jabber.

Just as I was about to quit out, RUkered and melraz jumped on, so I stayed for a bit.  Then some guy named MEXassassin(insert randon #) shot and kllled melraz first.

Ooooo, boy.....

To paraphrase Lock, Stock, I knew that claret was imminent so I grabbed my shooter and head off to what I thought was going to be a brief exchange of bullets... which led to a fourty minute gun battle in Richman with five or six different players. 

I scored at least three headshots on MEXasassin232323232 while he was hauling ass for hard cover.  Never run from a sniper, man. You'll only die tired.

God bless, J STATUS 523. I think he threw every grenade ever manufactured at us. 

Good times.

My headset was crapping out last night, so I could only hear about half the time.  It's still left over from my release XBOX, so I can't complain too much, I guess.

All the wrestling talk actually inspired me to watch the first match I've seen in at least 6 months.  Turned out to be Orton/Bryan, so it worked out well.

And we also kept calling J STATUS 523 "Jstout" accidentally. Dude got me with a couple of those grenades because I decided to try and just run him over with random cars. And I've got to stop using my high-end personal vehicles when I'm raising hell in free mode. I must have lost 40 grand last night because of impounded vehicles. I've gotten too lazy to get them out of the impound lot and just do the "call the mechanic for another vehicle, then call Mors Mutual to replace the Entity" technique.

Ha! Hearing Mel botch people's names is one of my favorite things. He told me an inside joke to tell you last night, but damned if I didn't forget it. I think he was a little tipsy by the time he was done last night. He said he tried to register for the board, but he couldn't figure out how.

We got into a little trouble late last night with Misanthrope and my buddy Bobahesh down by the beach. These three dudes would go into passive mode, then pop out of passive mode about the time we'd given up on them and turned our attention to other people who had drifted into our path. Then we'd kill them again - "these guys again?" and they'd go back into passive mode and hide in one of those lifeguard shacks so we couldn't run them over. So Misanthrope calls in a tank, knocks them off the shack with the turret and runs them over.

I don't use a really high-end car or a really low-end car. I should consider putting a lower-end car in the garage for such a purpose. It seems like I've been picking up wanted levels for just stealing cars more lately, especially when I steal a higher-end model. Stealing a car that can't be sold or upgraded like a higher-end Sports car is almost always a one-star wanted level off the bat. I stole the game's equivalent of a Rolls-Royce yesterday, but it wouldn't let me sell it.

I've got the Jimmy John's already bought - that should provide adequate sustenance for the GTA 5 online marathon - I plan to be online a decent chunk of the day after I pay some bills. Been looking forward to sitting around for a whole day doing not crap for a long time now. Today's the day.