DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Linked my Xbox 360 account to the Social Club? Yeah, it's linked.

Cool.  Your promotion to Crew Lieutenant has been processed.

Jesus, I have gotten into gunfights with more Juggalo-themed crews than any other in the game.

I am pretty sure I lose a small portion of my humanity every time I kill a player with an ignition bomb.  I now feel that the rise in my Unsporting % when I get negative rep from a car bomb killing is a badge of honor.

Thank you, sir. (salutes)

Some stranger left me a voice message last night telling me my crew sucks and whatever his crew was (I forget, don't care) was the best, and to come get them. Then I check and he's not even in my room.

I never even notice who the crews are. I have noticed the one late-night crew (the one I talked about who was going to war) who can put 10-11 in a room, but that's hard not to notice. 

I want to use more ignition and remote bombs with Simeon's high-priority cars, but lately, getting those things has been an invitation for about 6-7 people to swarm me and I never make it to a mod shop. Back when everyone had money, no one gave a crap about those cars, but they're back to drawing lots of attention. A couple of nights ago, an absurdly large pack of players shot out two of its tires, and I'm like "damn, someone take this thing, I don't want it anymore. You can have the hassle."

Last night, I'm heading to the custom shop nearest Simeon's and I'm on the big bridge and i get to the top of that hill and look at the map and there's four blips waiting for me at the end of the bridge. "Well, that one's closed, about-face!" So I turn around and there's another player, I die, etc.

You can't turn in a Priority Import / Export to Simeon if is fitted with a bomb; he won't accept it.  I fit them with explosives because I know that griefers will always haunt the guy trying to turn in the car.  I have no intentions of turning the car in.  I am trying to blow people up.

I respray it, fit it with an ignition bomb. go passive, and "retreat" on foot at the sign of other players trying to kill me so that they don't blow me up with the car.  Three out of the five players I've killed with Ignition Bombs were trying to take the I/E from me or otherwise render it undrivable.

The other two guys were just random dudes that turned a car into LSC for a sale and unwittingly tried to use my boobytrapped car to drive away.

So yeah, if you are on a public server and are near LSC, always make a mental note of the cars parked nearby.  The vehicle that does not refresh when you are out of the garage has an ignition bomb. 

Any car parked so that it blocks the entrance of an LSC is probably rigged too, so use another location or just blow up the car with a grenade or something and circle the block until the wreckage despawns.

Some stranger left me a voice message last night telling me my crew sucks and whatever his crew was (I forget, don't care) was the best, and to come get them. Then I check and he's not even in my room.

I never even notice who the crews are. I have noticed the one late-night crew (the one I talked about who was going to war) who can put 10-11 in a room, but that's hard not to notice.

He probably sent a blanket challenge to everone in his session.  I have gotten a couple of those from guys that were in a session that I left for the promise of a kinder Special Crate timer.

I still haven't figured out how I get random invites from folks I have never heard of and aren't in my room (since I am usually futzing around in a Closed Friend Room)

I wrote your GamerTag on a bathroom stall under "For a good time, message:"

• Like 1

You guys are so quaint. Me and my buddy go to the car in the little bird. If its free one of us takes it the other clears a path. If it isn't we blow it up, or at least try to

Quaint, my ass.  I don't blow up the car.  I use it to blow up other players.

Maybe the guy who dissed my crew (IT'S ON NOW! EVERYBODY MOBILIZE! THIS IS NOT A DRILL~!) was in my session before and left and I never noticed him, but he wasn't in my session when I got the message. I checked. 

I usually don't have backup when chasing Simeon's cars, that's kind of a solo endeavor. And yeah, priority one is finding a way to blow up the car after someone takes it from me. It's a lot less subtle than trying to shoot them out of it and take it back, and if I can't have it, they can't either.

I usually don't have backup when chasing Simeon's cars, that's kind of a solo endeavor. And yeah, priority one is finding a way to blow up the car after someone takes it from me. It's a lot less subtle than trying to shoot them out of it and take it back, and if I can't have it, they can't either.

Yeah, I was sorta hoping that Remote Bombs would've been the path to that sort of failsafe, but fitting cars with explosive has to be a pre-meditated murder sort of thing.  I'd like to see the game patched so that Simeon takes cars fitted with explosives and just makes you eat the cost of putting a bomb into a vehicle. 

That way ignition bombs and remote bombs can serve as security precautions instead of just another tool of murder... not that I have anything against blowing people up purely for entertainment purposes.

If you avoid other players and survive to turn the car in; great.  If not and they strong arm the I/E from you then bring up your phone -> Contacts -> Detonate Bomb while they are speeding away.

I was searching for that melee deathmatch we did in the sky a couple weeks back online and noticed there were 522174 total deathmatches.  That's a lot of crappy deathmatches there.

Someone (Mark maybe???) I think has that bookmarked so at least they would be able to look up the name... in theory

Plus, damn, I didn't even make it to Los Santos Customs to put a bomb on the car. At least people used to wait until you plunked down money to respray the car before killing you. 

Melraz had the idea last night - sincerely doubt it can be done - of a deathmatch that took up the whole map, with no time limit and no kill limit. Basically the whole idea was Freemode without cops.

Yeah - I have to assume that the created deathmatches have to have either a time or kill limit but assuming you could bump it up high enough... you could at least do it for say like a hour.

I am looking through the list of Rockstar verified creations - and I don't know why Bridge of Death is making me laugh so

I was searching for that melee deathmatch we did in the sky a couple weeks back online and noticed there were 522174 total deathmatches.  That's a lot of crappy deathmatches there.

Found it - it is called Sky High Fight

I was searching for that melee deathmatch we did in the sky a couple weeks back online.

That was Sky High Fight.

Of the Rockstar Verified stuff, I like Jump & Die (only playable as a Standard race since it is so short) and LS FORUM when played in GTA Mode.

The deathmatch where Mark, Rob and I whooped Fresh. Dragon & Rippa was R* Verified Deathmatch called Terry's Hangout.   Not very balanced in retrospect because it favored whomever spawned in the backyard where the majority of the hard cover was. 

Once you held the back and provided suppressing fire for the guy scaling the watchtower to snipe, the contest was pretty much over because your killzone spans nearly the entire map.

Well I just looked - they have only verified 30 things in total so far

Horseback Hell is one of them - thus why it seems to show up so often now

Stupid cock tease of horses

At least Horseback Hell was on a horse ranch.  Whomever created that map must love explosions.  Grenade launchers everywhere and a big fuel tank situated on every corner of the map. 

I think I killed a couple of people just by shooting at the propane tanks.  You and Mark both killed me by just firing grenades indiscriminately until I got caught in the splash damage.  It was like trying to run through downtown Beirut.

Yeah - of course the flip side was that I killed myself 3 times by having grenades bounce back at me.

OH! I just remembered that I did get a chance to do Tunnel Vision last night with Dan and Fresh after we had missed our chance earlier

That was fun and I can only imagine the chaos when there would be like 5 or 6 of us trying to cram our way through the tunnel

I get invites for user-created deathmatches all the time, but I've never done one because the descriptions never tell you what the deathmatch's real deal is. I mean, I don't wanna do one where I'm running from a guy with a tank for 15 minutes, hell, I could do that in Freemode.

At least the races are semi-painless. I really like the one where the jump is set up in the middle of the cloverleaf and people are criss-crossing the whole race.

Moongirl kicked my ass Tunnel Vision three times straight. Stupid customized Dinka Double-T. I give it the Big Fresh Dislike Thumb's Down.

There are only a couple of places to make your move to advance through the field and if you beef a turn or screw up and hit a dead end, it's all over

Moongirl kicked my ass Tunnel Vision three times straight. Stupid customized Dinka Double-T.  I give it the Big Fresh Dislike Thumb's Down.

There are only a couple of places to make your move to advance through the field and if you beef a turn or screw up and hit a dead end, it's all over.

Well the key is everyone needs to be incompetent... which clearly was the case for me, Fresh and Dan

And I want to run Dolfan's user created race again with the larger group