DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

If you tell me what name Mel is trying to register under... assuming it's not Melraz - I can be on the lookout for it to make sure it gets validated

Thanks, Phil. I'll ask him next time I talk to him.

There was a Melraz09 waiting to be validated so I just approved it.

I have a feeling that was him - if so, he is now good to go

• Like 1

sorry meant to add the rest of this in with the earlier post, maybe should have done an edit, the real highlight of the night for me was when I con'd that drizzle or whatever character to hop on the back of my stolen motorcycle (while he/she was in passive mode), which had a sticky bomb CLEARLY visible on the seat of it...and well, you should know the rest of the story.

Hey, so I created a race.  If anyone could give me some feedback that would be awesome:

One of the better "busy" races. I'm more of a fan of races that doesn't involve a bunch of jumping around, but I think that's because I got used to not jumping around during "regular" races and people can easily overkill the jumps if not careful.

I think it was last night that someone wanted me to do a race that was 18 miles long. QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT. 

Tonight was just kinda stupid. There was a little smackin' around done, but it wasn't one of the better nights. I did drive a car into the ocean at one point in an attempt to run over someone who had dived in the water trying to get away from us.

And we do all this crap in one mission to get to the last part and it glitches and that's that. I did have a good time doing races with this little kid from England who was just a Level 5, bless his heart, and went up to Level 10 over the course of some races with me 'cause I always let him win.

Yesterday was much better. Our antics with the Passive Mob was worth the price of admission alone. Maybe that means tomorrow won't be so bad. It's only a day away, so I've heard.

I hopped on this morning because we have a delay due to the weather.

So I got one of those stupid fucking Lamar missions where it's all "HEY! Go steal the tanker!" and twice the fucking tanker exploded before I ever even got close to it.

It was like the NPC driving the tanker was possessed by Mark

• Like 2

Damn you and your delays.  Leavenworth is on a four-hour delay today.  I am at a laptop giving the blade servers the once over for the billionth time.

It was like the NPC driving the tanker was possessed by Mark

I love hearing Mark say, "Aw, damn it!" over chat because the story that follows is pretty entertaining and usually involves at least five LSPD officers shooting at him.

Only Mark could incite a gun battle while on his way to play golf.

• Like 1

It was the first time I tried to drive a tanker - let alone in reverse so I didn't realize what a disaster that was going to be.

I went like two feet and then the fucking back end rolled over and then the bad guys showed up and things went Boom.

So I decided - "Okay - I know this fucking thing is just going to pull up to the warehouse here by the airport, I will just wait for it so I dont have to drive all over creation". I get into a sniper spot and wait and the fucking tanker shows up doing like 80. The driver jackknifes it and then it blows up when oncoming traffic ran into it. And this happened TWICE.

So I just grabbed a helicopter and explored the map. Which lead to me doing the gang attack all the way out in the middle of nowhere where I think it is a pot farm.

That 'Four Trailers' mission is a POS. Twice I was paired up with a guy and we failed because the container fell off the truck and tipped over. Then I was stuck doing it again with six people and we failed because someone accidentally(?) blew one of the containers up. It shouldn't take four attempts to pass a mission where you're driving 0.5 miles, and there are no enemies around.

After that though I got paired up with these two people who only wanted to do missions and it was awesome. We made almost $100K and I ranked up three times by the time we finally separated after our second time through the 'Prison Thugz' fight.

That Prison battle was 4-on-4 and my team won the first round 10-7 (I had a 4-1 kill record), and then I almost single-handedly won the second round (we lost 10-9). I had a 6-2 kill record - one of those deaths was because I got ran over by a bus, and the second happened because of a simultaneous killing.

So of all the things to be good at - I'm best at hand-to-hand combat, which is a skill that is almost useless in this game.

It was the first time I tried to drive a tanker - let alone in reverse so I didn't realize what a disaster that was going to be.

This is why I am the crew's wheelman.

I went like two feet and then the fucking back end rolled over and then the bad guys showed up and things went Boom.

So I decided - "Okay - I know this fucking thing is just going to pull up to the warehouse here by the airport, I will just wait for it so I dont have to drive all over creation". I get into a sniper spot and wait and the fucking tanker shows up doing like 80. The driver jackknifes it and then it blows up when oncoming traffic ran into it. And this happened TWICE.

Ha!  So today is your day to blow up mission objectives!

I tried to be clever once and snipe the driver while he was en route to the facility.  When he died, the truck swerved, ran off the road and went into the canal behind Higgins Helitours.  Not my finest hijacking.

Fresh blew up the tanker one time with the minigun he had left over from Boneyard Survival.  "I might have hit the tanker with a stray shot,"  he says.

Biggest problem I have with the Buzzard is that can change a fun, challenging mission into a really easy, boring one.  I pretty much only use them for free mode, with few exceptions (Judging the Jury and anything in Fort Zancudo). 

The highlight of yesterday for me was probably evading one all the way from the boneyard to my apartment downtown in an SUV on a public server.  Poor guy was determined to collect my bounty. 

• Like 1

I can fly from Point A to Point B in a helicopter without much problem, but precision flying eludes ham-fisted me.

Someone with a bounty was inside the chop shop in Sandy Shores when I flew up in a Buzzard (I guess, the one with just machine guns). I tried to hover close to the shop so I could blast him from above when he came out, but I got tangled in power wires somehow and wrecked and crashed before he came out. By the time I respawned, he was way down the road and I had to catch up to him before finally getting him. I bet he was thinking "dumbass," because I know I was thinking the same thing.

It's my dream to be able to drive an attack chopper well enough to rain death from above while "Ride of the Valkyries" plays full-blast in my mental soundtrack.

• Like 1

I've got one, Mis. Anytime we're playing, just say the word and it's called in. I tried to call in an attack jet for someone last night who was pretty good at flying jets but wound up calling in the freaking cargo plane instead.

If's fairly easy to get one to generate at the airport, I found. If you get a selection you dislike, go away from it (around the corner of the airport) and get it off the screen, then ride back and something new should've spawned in its place. The ones with rockets and machine guns are rare. I've had the best luck finding those at Trevor's airfield.

• Like 1

I can fly from Point A to Point B in a helicopter without much problem, but precision flying eludes ham-fisted me.

Someone with a bounty was inside the chop shop in Sandy Shores when I flew up in a Buzzard (I guess, the one with just machine guns). I tried to hover close to the shop so I could blast him from above when he came out, but I got tangled in power wires somehow and wrecked and crashed before he came out. By the time I respawned, he was way down the road and I had to catch up to him before finally getting him. I bet he was thinking "dumbass," because I know I was thinking the same thing.

Those are annihilators, and they aren't the fastest or most maneuverable things in the air. Honestly, if he couldn't get away from you, I'd be more disappointed to be that other guy.

I'm not too terrible at flying the chopper, but when I used one on Judging the Jury last time, the first guy I flew to was in some kind of "building with no roof" and I almost blew it up trying to get down in it to lock on him.

Although I'll never get tired of flying along and hearing the engines sputter out as you slowly sink to the ground. I'm so glad they put that in there.

• Like 1

Game Database must be all kinds of fucked up.   I've had problems joining missions while on the same server as crew and it is impossible to do it cross-server. 

When missions pop up in my phone queue, I get the basic job descriptor like "vineyard assassination" or "vehicle repo":  no mission details and I don't see the job listed with its in-game title.

I swear, public servers are worse than ever. A guy can't even get out of the front door of his crib without having to kack somebody.  I had to smoke some kid named Super Fuzz five times before he got the message.

It resolved itself later in the night.

First off, I absolutely dug chasing around an indestructable SUV last evening with everybody, the whole thing was a blast. Haven't had that much fun on there in a while. Even the deathmatches were fun, including the ever-intense Solo Ferris Wheel Deathmatch. 

And I got out into Freemode and found Jones (a friend of Melraz's who doesn't post here either, as far as I know), and we just beat some poor clod down. Damn, that's fun. It's fun to have three or four or five (we've had six once) people going after saps on the map. We laugh about it on the mic and have a big time.

Then after Jones left, I became the sap. These two guys are kicking me around over and over again when I manage to escape because I wanna chase a crate. I know they're gonna chase after me, but I figure maybe I can beat them. It's at the beach, and I'm trying to go down a hill and fall and die. I respawn, and sure enough, one of them flies by me in a car. I take some potshots, then realize "his buddy can't be far behind" and sure enough, I got rifled.

If there's an Xbox controller-throwing event in the Olympics, I will bring us home the Gold, guaranteed, after I set a world record upon getting shot. I dislodged the power cord, cutting off my Xbox. Who knows if the controller or headset will still work, that's anybody's guess.

I really don't understand why I got so damn mad. I think part of it is that I think I oughta be better at Freemode, and I get picked on a lot because of my level. But it doesn't really matter how high my level is if two guys are going after me - can't fight them both at once. And I'm not sure what "level" means, anyway. Just 'cause I play the game a lot doesn't really mean I'm good at it. I make a ton of stupid mistakes. 

I was like "yeah, takes two of you to beat me, big tough guys" but we were whipping some sap's ass 2-on-1 earlier. I've done that a million times. Jones isn't the headset type, but usually I'm on a headset with someone laughing it up, saying "dumbass."

I just pictured those two dudes, probably like Beavis and Butt-head, on their Xbox headsets saying "dumbass." And for some reason, it made me angry.

Also making me angry: If I'm bored with a room, I'll be looking for an excuse to leave. I don't know how they do it, but occasionally random people will invite me to play GTA5 online. Sometimes I take them up on it, see what their deal is. I do that tonight and end up in a new room. I notice the guy who invited me is a level 700-something. So he likes to cheat a bit.

I start hearing shelling outside my apartment, and know someone's wandering around with a tank. At one point, the tank starts firing at my apartment building and I can watch it through the window. It drives off, and I notice the blip on my radar gets a bounty put on it. Sure enough, someone's put a bounty on the guy who invited me to the game. So he's driving the tank. He invited people to his game so he'd have more people to kill. Nice.

So I sneak outside and execute the Melraz (TM Melraz). Steal a car. Put four sticky bombs on it. Set a waypoint for the tank. Call Lester, have him turn off your blip. Drive into tank, detonating sticky bombs. You die, but at least the tank takes a big hit. I then jammed it in passive mode (entirely appropriate for tank vs. player, in my opinion) and got on a rooftop. I come out of passive, hit him with a couple of RPGs and notice a helicopter is hovering over the tank. "Damn, a little backup. Thank goodness," I say, naively. Sure enough, the helicopter shoots me. The two guys in the helicopter are providing backup to the guy with the tank.

I manage to blow them up later, and the cops manage to blow tank boy up while I watch in passive mode. He got distracted shelling me over and over again while I was in passive mode. Then after his tank blows up, he starts machine gunning me over and over again, oblivious to the fact that I'm in passive mode. He pulls out a knife, tries to stab me, no luck. HIs buddies get another helicopter and are shooting me over and over again, no luck. I'M IN PASSIVE MODE, FELLAS.

So I start flipping them off over and over again until I got an invite to do a mission. Bye!

First off, I absolutely dug chasing around an indestructable SUV last evening with everybody, the whole thing was a blast. Haven't had that much fun on there in a while.

I agree. I love those kinda jobs. I don't know why the rest of you guys don't.