DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

RPG'd one guy's personal vehicle three times last night - he ran over me for no good reason. He messed with the bull, and he got the horns. For some reason, soon after running me over with no provocation, he goes in Los Santos Customs, where I'm waiting for him outside with RPG No. 1.

We fight for a sec outside the shop when I ask myself "did he just call in a car in the middle of a fight?" Yep. RPG No. 2 takes out him and new car at same time.

Then I got busy with the cops and he made his escape. He headed to the nearby airport, grabbed a helicopter, and got away from me to do some off-roading. At least he thought he got away from me. I flew in on a helicopter and caught him pausing the game, for some reason, to deliver RPG No. 3. That was it for him, he quit.

Then later in the game after some excellent mission and deathmatch work with with Robert C, some asshole rides up on me and starts shooting. I manage to lose him, get out of the car, get set, shoot him when he comes to get me and RPG his car. He quit immediately.

Then I'm fooling around with some buddies down at the airport when I get the message that someone's ambled across and blown up my personal vehicle I left behind when I hopped on a chopper earlier. Not a good move. I rounded up two friends and taught yet another lesson until I lost my connection (BOO!) and decided to knock it off for the night.

The first two guys were low-level 30s and the last guy was a Level 11. I'm really not sure what they're thinking, but hopefully they'll remember what happened to thiem and think twice before screwing with someone unprovoked again. 

I'd forgotten about glitch guy - I just got the hell out of there. I haven't seen one of those in so long I thought they were gone.

Is that the one that goes basically north to south on the map? I did it once and now can't be bothered to find it, but it was really fun.

Yeah - and it covers like 4 different types of terrain too.

It really does need to be done with traffic on though because otherwise if you choose the wrong vehicle (which I did the 2nd time) the race is over in the first 30 seconds.

Some nice paydays today. A deathmatch we need to try when we can get at least 3 to a side.

Again, sorry to bail out on that survival.  I was hoping to get through it, but ran out of time.  Somehow the idea of leaving my wife at the airport to deal with her luggage with her neck in its fubar state didn't sound like the right way to start the weekend.

• Like 1

If the tank is coming direcly at you and you are feeling foolish and brave enough, the driver is situated on the right side of the tank. 

Whenever I am in a room with a tank I always go right after it on foot.

nvr5vp.jpg

Eff all the tanks.

• Like 1

For the life of me, I do not understand the appeal of melee/fistfight deathmatches. It's glitchy as hell, and boring besides. Seems like every third or fourth deathmatch I join is Prison Thugz, and if that's not enough, a bunch of unoriginal fucks has felt the need to create random "wall you in and have you fight unarmed" areas around the map for no fucking reason.

For the life of me, I do not understand the appeal of melee/fistfight deathmatches. It's glitchy as hell, and boring besides. Seems like every third or fourth deathmatch I join is Prison Thugz, and if that's not enough, a bunch of unoriginal fucks has felt the need to create random "wall you in and have you fight unarmed" areas around the map for no fucking reason.

Prison Thugz is fun when you are in a match where it is nothing but friends. 

But yeah - there are definitely a few things that keep showing up. I mean I would be perfectly happy never seeing Titan of a Job ever again

I am not crazy about the melee deathmatches but I know that it is pretty hard to score a melee kill in a normal deathmatch, especially if the host never bothers to tweek the game settings. 

If you get the "score a melee kill" objective in a match where there was no level balancing and everyone gets to use their own guns, you can kiss that objective goodbye.  I've only met that objective twice out of dozens of deathmatches, and only because I was lucky enough to spawn near an inattentive sniper and shivved him.

Some nice paydays today. A deathmatch we need to try when we can get at least 3 to a side.

Again, sorry to bail out on that survival.  I was hoping to get through it, but ran out of time.  Somehow the idea of leaving my wife at the airport to deal with her luggage with her neck in its fubar state didn't sound like the right way to start the weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RT0g1xECPc

Yeah, life is so much easier when you make the right call. 

When my girlfriend needs a pick-up from the airport, I am there like an hour early and just chill at the magazine rack.

• Like 1

I got a Stealth Kill in a Deathmatch once. He was looking for my teammates to the left, I was in Stealth mode to the right. Switch to knife, slit throat, laugh out loud.

The only other times I've got melee kills in Deathmatches are when you're both hiding around the same corner, and one gets the butt of the gum across the jaw. Although it seems pretty random as to who gets the kill and who doesn't.

I figure that most of the fistfight Deathmatches are for people who want 100% Strength and suck at Golf and Tennis. But it's a measure of your connection speed, not your Deathmatch skill. Most of the Rockstar verified User CC Deathmatches have been shite (the new one at the Sandy Shores Hangar is OK). But they need to get Cops and Robbers and one of the FIB Building ones verified, because they're much better than bloody Ryan's Privates and Seal Team Suxxxxx. Bridge of Death is fun as a Team Deathmatch but basically unplayable as a single (spawn, step back, wait for people who die to re-spawn in front of you, shoot them in the back when they stop flashing).

Saving Ryan's Privates = Prison Thugz Fight.

I'd only participate if it was in-house chicanery.  I never accept random public invites to either of those jobs.  The designers at least had the decency to space the respawn points so that you are far enough away from opponant respawn points to get your shit together.

I hate SEAL Team Six because you (as AxB said) tend to repspawn in harm's way.  One time when we were all playing that match, I respawnd right in front of Mark's tank and got run over seconds after getting back into the match.

I do okay in solo deathmatches, but prefer team deathmatches.

Seal Team Six is entirely about who gets the tank first. Ended up in a 3v3 version of that yesterday. All of the other 5 people got in jets, I got in a truck and drove to the tank in the middle. First thing I did was blow up the other tank. The rest of the deathmatch was just blowing up other vehicles and then killing people. Finished the deathmatch 23-0.

Tanks are so ridiculously overpowered.

Yep, get in a tank and wait for your opponants to either shoot each other down or crash their jets while trying to blow up your tank. 

In the meantime, blow up all of the other vehicles.  By the time the other players figure out that they have RPGs and the best thing to do is work together against the guy in the tank, it is too late.

By then, they have blown up your tank, but you were smart enough to grab the Combat Pistol and are still dominating via scoring precision headshots when they are trying to hit you with a ridiculously inaccurate RPG Launcher while you're on foot.

Wait? I shot the jets down myself. Damned lazy kids.

In other news, what is up with people going on passive at the drop of a hat?

Came into a server, got in a car, and had barely got out of my garage before someone randomly put a $1000 bounty on me. I check the map and the person who put it on me is over by the wind farm, so okay, I drive up there with the intention of killing this person. In the process, I pick up a tail "JackBadass" who was hunting the bounty. I kill the bounty-setter, but JackBadass gets the bounty. We're all in the same area, so I figure it's killin' time. I kill JB, then turn to the bounty-setter, killing them again.

JB respawns on passive, but the coupe he was driving was in the area, so I grab it and run him down. The bounty-setter has now also gone on passive. So, ok, it's car whack-a-mole for a bit. JackBadass sends me a message "Reported" which gets the response from me of "lol", and continue on. Bounty-setter leaves, and Jack calls for a vehicle. I blow up two of his cars and kill him about a dozen more times before he finally gets into the clothing shop at Sandy Shores, at which point he messages me "You know you can be banned for killing passives, right?" I'm tempted to ask who told him that and why the fuck he believed him, but instead I settle for "some badass you are".

• Like 1

Passive Mode = Just Passing Through is okay.

Passive Mode = Retard God Mode in order to get close enough to score a cheap kill is not okay.

Passive Mode has it's uses though.  

I don't think there is a standing ban for killing a passive and there are certainly far worse things to be banned for.

Like stealing cars until you get a bounty put on you and then...