DVDVR Message Board

NFL Stupidity in 2015

Dolfan in NYC

In all honesty, Metallica was the right choice. I'm not nearly as big a fan as I was ten years ago, but massively popular band that used to have a serious edge that has been dulled by decades of success and omnipresence... That checks all the NFL's boxes

Plus, since the Coldplay hype video wanted to play numbers (7 Grammy Awards! 6 #1 Albums! Over 80 million albums sold!) Metallica has them beat in two out of three (8 Grammy Awards, 110 million album sales, but only 5 #1 records.)

It was one of those things that apparently made too much sense.

In all honesty, Metallica was the right choice. I'm not nearly as big a fan as I was ten years ago, but massively popular band that used to have a serious edge that has been dulled by decades of success and omnipresence... That checks all the NFL's boxes

Plus, since the Coldplay hype video wanted to play numbers (7 Grammy Awards! 6 #1 Albums! Over 80 million albums sold!) Metallica has them beat in two out of three (8 Grammy Awards, 110 million album sales, but only 5 #1 records.)

It was one of those things that apparently made too much sense.

Plus they could have done the Metallica with the SF symphony route to make it something a lot of people might be 'wowed' by.

• Like 1

Enter Sandman, crappy newish song, Seek And Destroy, Wherever I May Roam, done. No muss, no fuss.

I also feel like Pearl Jam has been saying no for the last 10 years.

Ends with Seek, definitely. Hopefully crappy new song would have been Cyanide, but probably not.

Oh well.

They should get some irrelevant turn of the century act to do it. Korn featuring Limp Bizkit and Staind. The stands would empty quickly.

Which means, since this is the NFL, we'd get Third Eye Blind, Eagle Eye Cherry, and Semisonic.

CLOSING TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME. . .

We'd get all of them.  Because damned if I can remember a second EEC or Semisonic song.  Or want to remember there's a second 3EB song besides the one that explicitly mentions doing cyrstal meth.

Enter Sandman, crappy newish song, Seek And Destroy, Wherever I May Roam, done. No muss, no fuss.

I also feel like Pearl Jam has been saying no for the last 10 years.

MY LIFESTYLE

DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE

actually rather appropriate for football players as it turns out.

• Like 2

You guys are making me feel like there would be money in an Alternative Super Bowl Half Time Show, much like the Channel Four Alternative Christmas Message.

Bonfires, barbecue, massive projector screens (so people attending can watch the game,) and thrash. I could go for that.

Well, were not these all Alt Halftime gimmicks:

Puppy Bowl

Lingerie Bowl

Halftime Heat

Live In Living Color

You are missing my favorite Halftime gimmick, the Beavis & Butthead MTV special

In keeping up with Beavis & Butthead, the Browns have announced that Johnny Idiot is back at starting QB next week.

• Like 1

I like to acknowledge it mainly because anyone that thinks Metallica were the worst part of that record deserves to go onto a special kind of list.

Lou Reed is and was the fucking worst.

The second Metallica writes a song half as good as Walk on the Wild Side, it'll be the first time.

• Like 2

I like to acknowledge it mainly because anyone that thinks Metallica were the worst part of that record deserves to go onto a special kind of list.

The second Metallica writes a song half as good as Walk on the Wild Side, it'll be the first time.

I'm sorry you missed the entire 1980's.

• Like 1

I'm sorry you missed the entire 1980's.

No, I listened. They were fine, if you like a lesser Megadeth kinda vibe. Pretty good WWE style sanitized version of metal.

• Like 1