DVDVR Message Board

Кубок Mира 2018 (World Cup '18)

Death From Above

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

Oh man i thought for sure they were going to get that second goal. I wanted to see it so bad.

I can't say I gave much of a darn about Iran going into it (only saw the last 16 minutes of this) But I definitely feel for them as they had a spirited stretch but it wasn't enough to go through.

VAR all up in this like a motherfucker (anyone asked why they have to dress in full ref kit while stuck in a room watching 87 screens? What are they, the ref's equivalent of John Terry in the European Cup final?), I have Spain in the sweepstake in work so I'm pleased they're playing Russia and not Uruguay but they still won't win the whole thing because this Spain isn't SPAIN.

• Haha 1

I am, of course, being completely facetious, it just remains kinda funny looking when you have 8 dudes in full ref gear in a room hundreds of miles from the stadium watching 89 screens like they're trying to land a pod on Jupiter.

And I'm 100% in support of VAR.

4 hours ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

You'd have sworn France and Denmark were happy to play out a draw...

That was brutal. 

The funny part is coming the day after Morocco led Spain twice, Saudi Arabia win their one game in recorded history, and fucking Iran draw Portugal all on one day, combined with all the usual shenanigans today's obviously pre-agreed draw isn't even going to be one of the three shadiest games of the tournament.

Man, no matter what the outcome, so many people are gonna get fired on the losing side in a France vs. Argentina round of 16 game.

France vs Argentina means certain elimination for one of the teams considered favourites pre-tournament. We might also get Brazil vs Germany in the round of the last 16.

I'll be at work for the games of our group today. I hope I'll get a chance to check them out though. The jitterbug is real.