DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Well, GFW is going to need an announcer.

You know, if they actually get a tv deal...

Oh fuck I would rather someone put a screwdriver in my ear then hear the tandem of Josh Matthews and Chael Sonnen

Wouldn't Chael just choke him out and do the show solo?

Anyone else love that wrestling is apparently too low-brow for the same TV network with "Hillbilly Blood," "Alaska Wildlife Troopers," "United States of Bacon" and "Unsealed Alien Files?"

• Like 1

Hey, don't sully the good name of United States of Bacon.  Found some might good options in Baltimore thanks to that show, still need to check them out.  Besides, I'd much rather see that than the other three shows you listed.  I think the only good thing about that Live Exorcism they did was it resulted in Bubba Ray tearing the guy behind it a new one.

But yes, wrestling seen as too low-brow even for that channel is pretty damn hilarious.  Even more hilarious when realizing it's going to be sandwiched in between informercials and reruns of old shows.  Fan-f'n-tastic

Hell, I'd watch TNA again if the dude from United States of Bacon was hosting. His enthusiasm and love of bacon was so infectious while watching that show, he could probably do the same with TNA in a Don West sort of way.

But then again, if he got the gig, TNA would probably suck any love or enthusiasm for anything out of his system. And then even piles of delicious bacon will seem empty and existenceless to him.

• Like 1

Aw, man, sucking the love for bacon out of the guy would be horrifically sad.  Quite possible if he worked there, but sad.  Damn, now I want some bacon.

i love that in doing a Google search for Pop TV yesterday,  two things show up side by side:

1. The official site for Pop TV.

2. MVP tweeting about it saying that Spike= $$, DA= $ and Pop TV= -$  It doesn't happen today but seeing that yesterday I laughed and laughed and laughed some more.

Considering TNA has sucked the life out their fanbase for at least the past several years, sucking the joy out of bacon seems like it would be right in their wheelhouse.

Also, since standing under the TNA sign has become a meme, a lotta likes to the person who photoshops Psychic Bigfoot into a photo beneath the sign.  Bonus points if he does the DX crotch chop.

I thought much more people would have/know POP than Destination America so I'm surprised it's sounding like the opposite from many people here. Maybe just because I watch POP regularly since it's basically become the replacement for the former SoapNet. Just figured it was a channel more people would have, I have Charter cable and actually have it twice (ch 50 and ch 213). Glad to hear there will still be an Impact replay, hope it sticks to right after the first broadcast, always liked that about Destination America for missing the first airing.

• Like 1

I love that there's a guy on the PPW roster called Darin Corbin. And apparently that's his real name.

Darin Corbin's been around for a long time. He's based out of the midwest and was trained by Arik Cannon. He and Ryan Cruz are the North Star Express. Corbin's worked for AAW, Chikara, etc.

• Like 1

I love that there's a guy on the PPW roster called Darin Corbin. And apparently that's his real name.

Darin's been around for at least 10 years. He has a brother (not sure if legit or kayfabe) named Aaron who wrestled in the Minnesota indy scene in the mid 2000's.

Logically the first entry in the 2016 Chikara King of Trios should be the Corbin boys: Baron, Darin, and Aaron.

• Like 2