DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Maria K. living the gimmick?

Here's the thing...Mike and Maria are smart. TNA is a sinking thinking that bringing in new personnel is going to fix the problem. TNA is most likely over paying both of them and will not get any benefits. I wouldn't be surprised if both Mike and Maria were going to make close-to-if-not-slightly-over six figures each with travel accommodations included. TNA isn't running  alot of shows in 2016 so six figures with less than 100 dates of actual work (and STILL most likely being able to do non-televised indy dates) is a good deal. I am also sure POP/TNA have something cooking now that they can both say they have a former Playmate and Celebrity Apprentice participant on the network. If people love Total Divas wait until TNA rips it off with Maria leading the charge.

TNA getting Pop to do a barter spots deal is the canniest thing they've EVER done.  Now they're getting paid for the time when it would have just been the usual per inquiry junk* they've been running lately.

*think pelvic mesh ambulance chasers, the clapper, etc.

Maria K. living the gimmick?

Here's the thing...Mike and Maria are smart. TNA is a sinking thinking that bringing in new personnel is going to fix the problem. TNA is most likely over paying both of them and will not get any benefits. I wouldn't be surprised if both Mike and Maria were going to make close-to-if-not-slightly-over six figures each with travel accommodations included. TNA isn't running  alot of shows in 2016 so six figures with less than 100 dates of actual work (and STILL most likely being able to do non-televised indy dates) is a good deal. I am also sure POP/TNA have something cooking now that they can both say they have a former Playmate and Celebrity Apprentice participant on the network. If people love Total Divas wait until TNA rips it off with Maria leading the charge.

I personally would have to go on wikipedia and change the definition of "money mark"  if I indeed found out that Mike and Maria are going to make 6 figures working for TNA. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I didn't get Destination America but I do get Pop TV, so I'll be able to watch Impact on regular television again.

At least, you'll get to see Maria Kanellis again. I don't get POP TV, but I do get DA. I'm more disappointed about not having Comet TV, thus no ROH unless I watch it on my computer. I did splurge and order Final Battle.

Hence the question mark.

I am SHOCKED that there are cable systems that didn't have the TV Guide channel.  That's like not having TLC or Discovery.  Christ, all three of those channel went to complete shit programming.  Now I'm depressed.

Lagana's wanted to bring in Maria since he got there.  I've never thought she was anything special as a manager.  I liked Bennett a lot better when he had Brutal Bob too.  At least then he filled a spot that ROH lacked as a heel.  When Maria came in, it seemed like all the heat just came from her being Punk's ex.  I don't know that TNA's audience really wants to have sex with CM Punk like ROH's does.

I guess I'd be alright with them getting put with Matt Hardy.  It's been done before but that's TNA's MO.  Matt Hardy's an awful babyface.  A lot of it is the booking but the rest is just him being such a natural douche.  I'm not okay with them helping him win the World Title though.  He doesn't belong anywhere near the World Title in 2016.

I personally would have to go on wikipedia and change the definition of "money mark"  if I indeed found out that Mike and Maria are going to make 6 figures working for TNA. 

6 Dixie Carter action figures, maybe.

Since we're in the "reality era," WWE should just bring in Maria and have her feud with the Bellas. It'd probably be more exciting than the usual Bella feud.

That wouldn't be very PG.  "You only got your job cause you fucked your father-in-law and you only keep it cause you're fucking John Cena!"  Plus, it'd require Maria to wrestle and she's worse than Brie.

What will be TNA's miracle be? Or did theirs happen already by getting on another network after getting dumped by Destination America.

Will the miracle be checks clearing and talent getting paid?

Is it Maria's seemingly perfect Greek dumper?