DVDVR Message Board

TNA/GWF MEGA THREAD OF DOOM~!

Why do I have the bad feeling that Angle's gonna wind up in one of those Bellator freakshow MMA matches with Ken Shamrock or Kimbo Slice or some nonsense?

He was on Bellator a few weeks back to announce Shamrock/Gracie and said that he hopes an Angle/Shamrock fight does happen sometime.

I honestly believe if Kurt Angle didn't die under TNA's watch (and let's face it he could have) where medical concerns are iffy at best (see Daffney, Jesse Sorrensen, others) and drugs flowed ALLEGEDELY freely he could probably go back to the WWE for a minimal run with no problems.

I honestly believe if Kurt Angle didn't die under TNA's watch (and let's face it he could have) where medical concerns are iffy at best (see Daffney, Jesse Sorrensen, others) and drugs flowed ALLEGEDELY freely he could probably go back to the WWE for a minimal run with no problems.

Just tossing a dart but if the WWE doctors wont let Byran near a ring his Kurts neck that much better?

If Kurt wants to commit this retired thing, Vince should call him up and offer him a non-wrestling, managing contract. I'd like to see Kurt on TV, I had no desire to see him wrestle though.

Exactly. Guy was money on TV and gave instant credibility to anyone associated with him. No reason he can't be a GM or whatever.

• 3 weeks later...

For the two of you who watch - reminder that DA is only showing Impact at 11 pm tonight

I saw a commercial on last night while my girlfriend was catching up on Young & The Restless that TNA is coming on Pop Network aka TAFKA The TV Guide Channel.

Should be easier to find than Destination America.

TNA will be starting earlier than expected on POP TV with its debut show coming out this Tuesday night from 9-11 p.m -- the company's regular time slot on the station.

TNA finished its Destination America run on Wednesday night, and it was originally believed that the company would not have television until their originally scheduled debut show on Tuesday, January 5th. Instead, POP TV will be picking up with the final two episodes of Impact for 2015, airing on Tuesday, December 22nd, and Tuesday, December 29th, both of which will be "Best of 2015" type shows. This week, their first hour will go head-to-head with a live Smackdown. 

The 1/5 "live" show from Bethlehem, PA, will feature the semifinals and finals of the TNA title tournament that has come down to Bobby Lashley, Eric Young, Matt Hardy and Ethan Carter III. The company is saying it's a live show, but in the past, that has meant taping two hours before and airing it the same night.

On a Hardy note, it was reported in the new issue of the Observer that his TNA contract expires in about ten to 12 weeks.

So yeah - TNA is debuting against a live edition of Smackdown.

Oh TNA...

• Like 2

TNA will be starting earlier than expected on POP TV with its debut show coming out this Tuesday night from 9-11 p.m -- the company's regular time slot on the station.

TNA finished its Destination America run on Wednesday night, and it was originally believed that the company would not have television until their originally scheduled debut show on Tuesday, January 5th. Instead, POP TV will be picking up with the final two episodes of Impact for 2015, airing on Tuesday, December 22nd, and Tuesday, December 29th, both of which will be "Best of 2015" type shows. This week, their first hour will go head-to-head with a live Smackdown. 

The 1/5 "live" show from Bethlehem, PA, will feature the semifinals and finals of the TNA title tournament that has come down to Bobby Lashley, Eric Young, Matt Hardy and Ethan Carter III. The company is saying it's a live show, but in the past, that has meant taping two hours before and airing it the same night.

On a Hardy note, it was reported in the new issue of the Observer that his TNA contract expires in about ten to 12 weeks.

So yeah - TNA is debuting against a live edition of Smackdown.

Oh TNA...

Yeah, but this debut is a "best of" clips show.

I didn't realize that the "live" shows lately were same-day tape.

Yup - if I recall, the last time they tried it (the Destination America debut?) they had some major production issues that would've completely torpedoed the show had it not had the tape delay.

These were different than their usual major production issues that completely torpedo shows, like giving Josh Mathews a headset.

Listening to Dave describe the deal between TNA and Pop, "it's a barter deal", someone explain to me how in the holy hell it's supposed to make money off ad revenue, when they had massive problems getting advertisers on the last network they were on and couldn't draw when on larger networks with more advertising money behind them.

I don't think anyone really expects TNA to make money off of ad revenue.  The TV exposure is what's important.  TNA gets free national TV time on a new network.  Pop gets fresh content so they can seem like an actual TV network.

Also, TNA wasn't selling the ads themselves on DA not that I think TNA can sell a lot of ads on their own.  Maybe they can pick up some of the advertisers ROH has.  "Hey, I'm TNA star Robbie E. Stay tuned for a special message concerning the health of your prostate. BOOM!"

TNA giving away Lockdown again this year.  This time on the England tour.

So it looks like Mike Bennett and Maria are TNA-bound, and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

That's ashame. I really liked The Kingdom as a whole in ROH. Bennett has grown on me. I went from skipping anything involving him to kind of enjoying his work. I liked him and Taven as a team. Maria is absolutely gorgeous. I think she's the best looking woman in wrestling. She can differentiate between being a heel and a face, and show more than one emotion, all things that are lost on the Bellas.