DVDVR Message Board

WWE Elimination Chamber

Phil Schneider

Cena was awful about calling spots tonight, maybe they mic'd the ring up wrong but it was like he was screaming spots in Owens' ear because he thought he couldn't speak English or something.

As far as best performer in the tag chamber I loved what Titus did tonight. I think this was probably his best in-ring performance.

Also by how far was Cesaro the best thing going in teh tag chamber?

I think he's the best worker in the company right now. I love the team with Kidd, but Cesaro is too good to not be getting long singles matches on ppv.

Gregg you summed up my thoughts on Cena/Owens perfectly. It was a good(maybe even great) match worked in a style I usually don't like. However, this was one of those rare occasions where the 2.9 war of attrition style fit. It fits much better when you have an inter promotional champion vs champion match, and not John Cena vs a guy who jobbed to R-Truth last week.

Owens and Cena was awesome.  Owens showed tonight exactly why he belongs. It's too bad about the rematch at Money in the Bank because I think they should let this win breathe a little. Cena never loses clean so when he does it's a big fucking deal.  Enough with the equal booking. Cena doesn't need to get the win back already but I guess it's the only way we get the first match is if he's assured he'll get the win back.

Ok, on second watch the women's match isn't AS terrible as I thought, but the last half-ish gets bad with blown spots and people out of position. When she was up in the Rack Attack, I think Paige audibly says, "Oh yeah, I remember." Very strange.

Also, early in the match Naomi kicks Paige's blue weave out and she rubs her head where it came out for the rest of the match. Ouch.

3BJ7MGL.gif

goddamnit WWE just give me what I want now instead of later.

For what it's worth, that was one of my favorite Dusty finishes in a while because for a minute they had me. I was marking like a bitch at the 3 count. And, like I said, the best part about the finish was that Ambrose didn't need Reigns help to win the match. Reigns running in and saving his buddy and them knocking back beers after the show made both come across as awesome.

Ok, on second watch the women's match isn't AS terrible as I thought, but the last half-ish gets bad with blown spots and people out of position. When she was up in the Rack Attack, I think Paige audibly says, "Oh yeah, I remember." Very strange.

Also, early in the match Naomi kicks Paige's blue weave out and she rubs her head where it came out for the rest of the match. Ouch.

possible she could have gotten a concussion there? Cause that would explain why everything else went to shit. Cause good god did it go to shit.

• Like 1

I think Paige got legit injured early in the match, just something seemed wrong with her after an early spot I can't remember.  And it only got worse from there.

For a second, I thought we were gonna see a jealous Roman turn heel because he was the only Shield member to not be champ.  I fantasy booked with a buddy of mine a few weeks ago that Dean Ambrose just steals the title belt and starts calling himself champ.  And just for fun, he steals all the other belts.  And he runs around looking like Ultimo Dragon with oodles of belts surrounding him.  At least we got part of that.

I've never seen Paige in a match I thought was better than average against anyone not named Emma. At this point I think it's fair to say she's overrated. Nikki has been easily better over the past year.

They've all been pretty bad. Even Nikki.  I'm all for giving them more time in the ring but they need to capitalize on their opportunities. Tonight was not that night. They were awful.  There's a good 4 or 5 women down in NXT better than anyone on the main roster. Paige hasn't had a good match since Emma which tells me more about how good Emma is and maybe how average Paige is.

I remember thinking Sasha was better than Paige when they had a match in NXT before Sasha turned heel. I'm pretty hyped for heel Emma vs Becky and The Boss matches. They probably had something planned with Lana before Rusev got hurt. What little clue they had about what to do with her probably just got smaller.

"But was Emma really that good in her limited run on the main roster? I really think it might be the agents."

They had a match laid out for them tonight that would've been good had the execution been anywhere close to acceptable.

John Cena vs. Kevin Owens was amazing and a definite Match of the Year candidate.  However, the show just died after that match and crowd was not really into anything else.  

Cena vs. Owens was legit awesome, and Cena does deserve  all sorts of props for that match.  Owens' athleticism despite his frame is pretty impressive.  This was like watching a classic ROH match in a WWE ring.

Was there any particular reason they didn't want to have Cena defend the US title tonight?  Seemed pretty well in line with Cena's open challenge.

The dusty finish for the main event was stupid.  How do you call a DQ for the ref getting hit by the champion in a title match when a ref bump in a main event title match is mandatory just about every month? 

The Owens/Cena feud exposes the rest of the roster. It is light years better than anything else they have going.

You put that match in the midcard and everything that follows comes off as flat.

I'm so over the authority. I just have zero interest in the story they are telling. I'm so sick of the storyline that I'm losing interest in Rollins and any other wrestler within reaching distance of it.

• Like 1