DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 TV THREAD

RIPPA

Don't worry.  They'll be back for CSI/LAW & ORDER: ROAD RULES CHALLENGE.

Would that count as show #729 Belz played Munch on?

Oh shit, that would bring Miz into the Tommy Westphal Universe...not to mention Bob Barker.  And since I met Bob Barker...that means...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Like 1

Wait.  That's not the gag reel from a failed pilot?  That's the one they went with???

To me DR. KEN should be a show about a fake t.v. doctor with a talk show and a drug habit who's in deep to the mob, being pressured by the FBI to turn informant, and trying to hold it together during his very public divorce trial.  Dr. Ken should be played by Aaron Eckhart and Dule Hill should be in there somewhere.  The season one finale has him witness a brutal mob killing (committed by Richard Belzer who is not playing Munch) while wearing a wire and trying to decide if he should show his FBI handler (CCH Pounder) the tape (I don't care if that's not how a wire works) and reveals that he's also gay (for Dule Hill?  That would make sense because he's fucking adorable) and trying to keep that quiet too.

Guys, I didn't even finish typing that and I was in a bidding war between USA and STARZ. IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING HARD!!!!!!

• Like 1

Dr. Ken is simply not funny.

TBH, whenever I hear that story about him giving up a successful career in medicine because he wanted to go into comedy it's like, really, dude? I imagine you were way better and more skilled as a doctor than what you're doing now.

Granted he probably makes more money but you'd think SAVING LIVES would be more fufilling than cringeworthy comedy and hanging out with Jeremy Piven.

Harry Shearer has left The Simpsons. They have to at least be considering throwing in the towel.

BrsMb8UIMAAeiRd.jpg

"Who knows what adventures they’ll have between now and the time the show becomes unprofitable.”

• Like 3

Yeah that's practically a gutshot to the show considering all the characters he voiced. What do they do, stick them all in a plane crash?

"Note: Mr Burns, Ned Flanders and Principal Skinner died on their way back to their home planet."

• Like 3

A friend of mine suggested the show would finally end when one of the main cast members died.  

According to the producers, the characters are going to continue.  Someone else will be voicing them.

Well, that's pretty much as wrong as you can get without being actually wrong. 

According to the producers, the characters are going to continue. Someone else will be voicing them.

Smile_time_variety_hour.jpg

EVEYRHTING"S TOTALLY THE SMAE RVERYBODY!!!!

I'm reminded of the bit from Roseanne where they showed DJ going mental, saying "They say she's the same but she's not the same" over and over - as they played clips of two different actresses who played Becky. Thought that was hysterical.

I don't think it's the end of the world that different actors will voice the characters.

More than 1 actor has voiced Bugs Bunny.

And not quite the same. It was even disorienting when Mel replaced Arthur Q. bryan as the voice of Elmer Fudd in the 60s.

• Like 1