DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

That article reminds me of one with Liam Neeson where he said while filming "Gangs of New York", Daniel Day-Lewis never broke character. He said he'd walk into the gym they had on set in the morning and Lewis would growl, "Mornin', Priest...".

If they actually do Joker as an ambassador from Iran with diplomatic immunity, I will basically die laughing.

It should end with Joker shouting "DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY" then getting shot in the head. By Danny Glover.

• Like 4

Yeah.  Margot Robbie as Harley is definitely going to be a thing. I am not sure whether to fall in love or commit suicide before my brains are blown out or legs broken via baseball bat..

Yeah.  Margot Robbie as Harley is definitely going to be a thing. I am not sure whether to fall in love or commit suicide before my brains are blown out or legs broken via baseball bat..

Am I the only one who prefers the original clownish Harley much more than the Arkham games/New 52 version? I just don't think that's a character who works better with a darker-&-grittier reboot. She amuses me way more as the goofy klutz who pals around with Ivy when she's not being ignored and mistreated by Mistah Jay, than she ever does as a gothed-out ultraviolent sexed-up thing which looks like its character was designed back in the darkest days of the 90s.
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who prefers the original clownish Harley much more than the Arkham games/New 52 version? I just don't think that's a character who works better with a darker-&-grittier reboot. She amuses me way more as the goofy klutz who pals around with Ivy when she's not being ignored and mistreated by Mistah Jay, than she ever does as a gothed-out ultraviolent sexed-up thing which looks like its character was designed back in the darkest days of the 90s.

Your not alone in this though to be fair the Arkham version is still pretty damn far removed from the New 52 version.

Am I the only one who prefers the original clownish Harley much more than the Arkham games/New 52 version?

Maybe you and one other people.  Ditzy clownish Harley is nowhere near thematically ideal for that Suicide Squad line up. 

Am I the only one who prefers the original clownish Harley much more than the Arkham games/New 52 version?

Maybe you and one other people.  Ditzy clownish Harley is nowhere near thematically ideal for that Suicide Squad line up. 

Yeah but the point kind of is that Harley has no real business being in Suicide Squad in the first place.

I guess I'm the one other person, then.  I find New 52 Harley jarring.  I get the revamp from a sales perspective (popular character in Suicide Squad to boost sales), but I don't really get it creatively.  New 52 Harley is so different from the previous character that she might as well be an entirely new character.  The original DCU incarnation of the character managed to make Harley more serious and less comic relief without stripping the edges off the character.  New 52 is your typical DCU costumed sociopath.  That does make her ideal for the "grim 'n gritty" DC movieverse, though.

That said, I do like what Conner and Palmiotti did with New 52 Harley in her  solo book.