DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

For what it's worth, the video board looks really nice and fits in well with the park. There were some early issues with the board where it was way too bright, but I believe that's been resolved. Once the bleachers are finished in about a month, things will actually start feeling complete. 

The Braves front office is starting to worry me.  They spent the bulk of spring training trying to convince people they aren't in rebuilding mode.  They start the season with a shocking 5-1 first week.  After coming back down to earth the past few days now rumor has it that they are going into panic mode.  Rumors of them pursuing Josh Hamilton and looking to overhaul the outfield again that they just spent the winter trying to cobble together.  It's kind of hard to get any consistency going the first few weeks of a season with the off days etc. and they have fielded 9 different lineups so far too.  I figured it would be a long season but I thought the front office would at least show more stability.

I'm so happy the game is on ABC 7 in Chicago tonight. Yes, the same station that screwed up the teams playing. They're the one station that gets broadcast OTA here so I can watch it with my antenna.

The other games, not so much. Stupid blackout rules for MLB.TV.

Watching this game today just reinforces my belief that you should just get rid of all the umpires and have a computer call balls and strikes. Cubs and Padres both have been jobbed on some fucking awful calls.

Bryant knows he doesn't have to swing at every pitch ...... right?

He does, just nervous. Putting him at cleanup today was an odd call to me.

Basically, he's gonna strike out a lot (though not Baez levels), he's gonna take a good amount of walks, and he's going to hit the cover off the ball.

Hr_NOPue.png

HE'S JUST A LITTLE NERVOUS.  HE'S STILL GOOD! HE'S STILL GOOD!

• Like 3

So A-Rod has 2 HRs tonight

Maybe he should get suspended more often

Wasn't he hitting pretty well once he got into the lineup a couple years ago, and helped keep the yanks in playoff race for a few extra weeks?