DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

May is really busy around the St. Louis-area independent scene:

-Saturday 5/2: Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance in St. Louis, MO (Cinco De Mayo Festival/afternoon); Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO
-Tuesday 5/5: Dynamo Pro Wrestling in St. Louis, MO (Off Broadway)
-Saturday 5/9: Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Wood River, IL; Pro Wrestling Championship Series in Granite City, IL; MMWA in St. Louis, MO
-Saturday 5/16: SICW in East Carondelet, IL; World Powerhouse Wrestling in Hartford, IL
-Sunday 5/24: High Risk Wrestling in Cahokia, IL
-Sunday 5/31: Wrestling Invades America in Swansea, IL

And here's Batista saying as nicely as possible that WWE's writing absolutely sucks.

I imagine once you've dealt with accomplished, decorated scriptwriters of Marvel/Disney franchises, it's hard to go back and listen to a room full of failed soap opera writers tell him what "creative" has in store for his character.

And with that, he won back the internet.

Between Piranesi's style watch, Bluetista, the royal wave goodbye and mothafuckin' Drax it's safe to say he won back the internet a while ago.

Between being Greek and his excellent fashion choices, Batista won me over long ago. Whenever he does return, he shouldn't wrestle, but rather have his own fashion segment.

• Like 1

And with that, he won back the internet.

Between Piranesi's style watch, Bluetista, the royal wave goodbye and mothafuckin' Drax it's safe to say he won back the internet a while ago.

Between being Greek and his excellent fashion choices, Batista won me over long ago. Whenever he does return, he shouldn't wrestle, but rather have his own fashion segment.

Him being half Greek (and the tattoo of the two flags) definitely won me over for quite a while until there other things that made him worthwhile.  Him and Trish are representing us Greeks quite nicely.

And considering the financial shithole they're in Greece needs as much help as it gets.

I never could figure out how Greeks not only got awesome seats almost everytime, but why they're compelled to show the flag.  Aside from folks like Trish and Batista it never made sense to me.  Then again, I'm not exactly complaining about it either.  :)

Going back to the point about the writers, it's them but the issue is also communication breakdown.  They might have something going on but then it's decided elsewhere to change course and they don't know about it.  Would it make a difference if they were movie writers instead of TV writers?  It seems like no matter who's in there they're at the mercy of Vince, Dunn, and HHH to a degree.  That can't be good for anybody.

And here's Batista saying as nicely as possible that WWE's writing absolutely sucks.

I imagine once you've dealt with accomplished, decorated scriptwriters of Marvel/Disney franchises, it's hard to go back and listen to a room full of failed soap opera writers tell him what "creative" has in store for his character.

There's a great trollish joke in here for Niners Fan, but I'm not going to make it.

Was thinking this today, where are all the great Canadian wrestlers out there that there used to be with the Harts, Rogeaus, Jericho, Benoit, Edge, Christian etc, other then Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn I can't think of many more superstars for say, Eric Young and Bobby Roode in TNA but where are the next crop of Canadian superstars ?

I don't understand the safety concerns people are extolling over Reigns doing a spear.  It's just a shoulder tackle.  Has Goldberg ever complained about his neck?

Edge doesn't count because he's got the durability of a snowflake.

I'd imagine Edge's neck troubles were compounded by the 37,000 TLC matches he and Christian were in over the years, too. Also, it should be noted that Reigns and Goldberg were both pro football players, where Edge and Rhino (two spear guys with bad necks) were not. This is pure speculation, but I can remember being taught at even the high school football level that unless you kept your head up on a tackle, you'd be majorly fucked.

I never could figure out how Greeks not only got awesome seats almost everytime, but why they're compelled to show the flag.  Aside from folks like Trish and Batista it never made sense to me.  Then again, I'm not exactly complaining about it either.  :)

Going back to the point about the writers, it's them but the issue is also communication breakdown.  They might have something going on but then it's decided elsewhere to change course and they don't know about it.  Would it make a difference if they were movie writers instead of TV writers?  It seems like no matter who's in there they're at the mercy of Vince, Dunn, and HHH to a degree.  That can't be good for anybody.

I would think that TV writers would arguably stick to continuity and longer term planning than movie writers.