DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

Not only does he have his own locker, he participated in drills in spring training with the team. If I was management, I would be getting fucking pissed about that too. Can anyone really say a player is getting full benefit from a rundown drill if it's a 14 year old in the rundown?

Also, even further question that is completely horrifying. If Drake practiced with the players, and he ran drills with the players, then were in the fuck did he shower, because if the answer is still "with the players" then Holy Fuck!

Also, for your stupid comment, Adam Eaten of the White Sox said that the White Sox lost a Team Leader. Not in Adam, but in Drake. Maybe that's why the Sox are so shitty?

I've gone 180 on this as well. At first I thought the kid was just hanging around a bit, but having read the rest of the story, my question is not about why Williams kicked him out, but why he lasted so long. . . 

So um if the teenager was running drills with the team that would seam to mean he was into baseball....so why isn't he on like a summer league youth team or something?

Heh, never thought about that. He was around for about 120 games last year, when's he actually going to play baseball? Presumably he'd want to, especially if being around clubhouses is supposed to help his development (didn't Adam LaRoche's dad play in the majors?)

Baseball is a long, every day season, families should be allowed to be around, but to basically set up a permanent residence in the clubhouse seems a bit much.

If I didn't think Adam Eaton could be outsmarted by a clever parrot, I'm pretty sure I'd read that as a massive dig at Adam.   Here's a guy who is making ~$15M a year and your kid is displaying more leadership than you.  

But then again... you know, it's Adam Eaton. 

• Like 1

From the crowdfund:

Curt Schilling

2 hours ago
I'm glad to see a true warrior stand up to all these liberals. Homeschooling is the best route, with public schools constantly going on with their Darwinism, Atheism, and Pro-Abortion agendas. Here ya go, Drake. All the money I made from my video game venture. $7.

:D

• Like 2

I like the one from Kenny Williams.  

The best was one of the comments to the article though- "Sounds like y'all are saying that Drake's got enemies, got a lot of enemies.  That he's got a lot of people trying to drain him of his energy." 

From the crowdfund:

Curt Schilling

2 hours ago

I'm glad to see a true warrior stand up to all these liberals. Homeschooling is the best route, with public schools constantly going on with their Darwinism, Atheism, and Pro-Abortion agendas. Here ya go, Drake. All the money I made from my video game venture. $7.

:D

Yup, that's just the person you want suporting you.

So there is a Jose Abreu Outside the Lines about how much it hurts to not be able to see his son, who is still in Cuba.  He was essentially smuggled out of Cuba in order to fulfill his dream of playing baseball, but he wasn't able to bring anyone else in his family with him.  He apparently was a guy who went out of his way to help kids in Cuba, to the point that he would bring special needs kids home to play with his own son.  I don't know if Jose Abreu complained about Adam Laroche bringing his kid to the clubhouse every damn day, but I'd kind of understand if he did.  Not only that, Jose Abreu is the best player on the team, his complaints mean something.

So, this is politics, but it's so idiotic it deserves a mention.

President Trump wants to take holy vengeance on the Cubs owners, the Ricketts family, for daring to run opposition ads on him in Florida during the primary.

From the WaPo editors' meeting with him:

CeGtwH8WAAAbx0K.jpg

As if I didn't need another reason to want that fucker to die.

I was going to edit this to remove what I want, but fuck that. Fuck Trump. Bloated, racist, ignorant piece of shit. Stupid motherfucker.

• Like 1

For those who are interested in a MLB player's urination habits: 

Matt Harvey got a bladder infection that resulted in clotting(!).  He has now said it's because Harvey holds it in too long when he has to go #1.  

(And it's certainly not from chlamydia or something more nefarious like that...)

• Like 1