DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-9-15

MGFanJay

The show-opening recap video had tons of talking, then everyone else came out and talked. Bryan got off some great lines about HHH and Roman. We got a terrible tag match in theory with Bryan and Reigns against Show and Kane with an even-worse finish. Bryan nearly beat Show and Kane on his own, so of course after a DQ, Roman needs a chair to fight off Show. Paige's rack looks great in there with Brie, and I dug her tribute to Drew McDonald. Nikki is darker than Ernie Ladd, and we got a JYD video making good use of the MSW library. I dug Cena-Rusev's stuff overall. Bray-Dolph was fine, but Dolph was moving way too quickly for even Bray to keep up with him. Heyman's stuff with Brock wasn't all that great, but had some good moments in it. The Sting-HHH stuff was mind-boggling. HHH said that Sting attacked him at Survivor Series like a coward. How? They had a face to face staredown and "Sting" got the better of it. He somehow lost tons of weight and got a whole new head of hair! HHH's bump for this was just awful - like a Tough Enough bump. Okay little Usos-Uppercats tag set up the Rikishi HOF vid. Loved Bray's promo and AXELMANIA now being a thing. Loved BNZ! Main event wasn't much of a match, but man did Bryan feel like THE GUY right now while Roman was just an accessory - so they're either having Bryan go over, turning Roman, or they've lost their minds.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/02/wwe-raw-2-9-15.html

Screens -

7e2fc9388754658.jpg

e0c0e5388753584.jpg

HHH version of Ascension
791c54388747617.jpg

This thing called Sting
3b6448388747643.jpg

6e9173388747646.jpg

97131b388728797.jpg

713cc4388728806.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/3afi8qcbmjcgn2ercjalh1rpmkh7d5gg

Notes time, because I had nothing better to do

- Smark crowd sign trolling: Roman's face with "DERP" below. While Roman is onscreen, another saying "MID-90'S KEVIN NAAAAAASH".

- Giving Rollins a singles match makes no sense for the Authority, being heels. 

- Paige's crotch looks like the spray tanner didn't get washed off? I'm sorry, I was trying to read what she had written on her arms and it was just right there in HD. Bizarre. (Meanwhile, Steph has apparently been bathing in the shit)

- What happened to Cena's eye?

- Boy Bray will bump just as much as Ziggler. Even against Ziggler. But then getting dropkicked directly in the nose will make that happen.

- Heyman should just start dropping the mic like Eminem.

- I almost feel sorry for Axel.  But meanwhile, who has time to care about him when in "Boca Raton, Florida... Nursing home turf wars terrorize city"!!!

- J&J Security hamming it up and getting slaughtered are the only decent things about that last match. Kane, go away. Big Show, start teaming with Big Mark again. And put over Cesaro/Kidd while you're at it. 

- Wait! The crowd chanting "Fight!" like a bunch of high school kids then Roman using his skull as a battering ram made this relevant all of the sudden. I hope he didn't hit the bad arm...

...and that ended abruptly

• Like 1

There was a shit-ton of "NO" chants when Bryan was talking earlier, too, when they were clearly wanting "YES" chants. At least Rusev/Cena is getting a straight face/heel reaction these days.

EDIT: ^^^ yeah I guess that was during Heyman. I was too busy reveling in the awesomeness of Heyman. 

Well, that was a show...where nothing really happened. WWE sure as shit isn't acting like Wrestlemania is right around the corner. There's no sense of urgency. No sense of importance. Nothing seems to matter. There's no stakes for anything. The entire show is built around the non-wrestlers instead of the wrestlers. Even when we get a confrontation between Roman Reigns & Daniel Bryan, we have to constantly cut backstage to see how Triple H & Stephanie McMahon react. HHH/Steph watching tv was literally more important.

Who are we supposed to care about on this show? No one can upstage The Authority. Even if you get them removed from power, they just come back. Are we supposed to get behind Daniel Bryan, again? He already climbed that mountain, won the title & then...

Get behind Roman? So he can beat Brock and then get emaciated by The Authority? Yay...

Cheer Brock because, despite being one of the top bad guys, he's the only one that doesn't take shit? He genuinely, at this point, feels like the guy we're supposed to get behind.

Just no direction whatsoever. This week could have not happened at all & nothing would have changed.

• Like 2

John Cena is exactly one year younger than I am. Thanks for making me spend the last half hour looking through my hair for greys, WWE!

On a side note, I did like the Sting segment. I'm a total mark for magical characters. Pity he's not facing Taker. That guy they had play fake Sting was pretty atrocious though.

I enjoyed the Rusev and Cena segment and that was about it.  Bryan seemed more over as a face than Reigns but not by a huge margin.

Switched over to AMC at 10pm and missed pretty much the whole last hour. I caught the end and it was just some more Authority bullshit that nobody cares about. Kane? Big Show? Nobody in 2015 gives a crap. 

I think I'm going to be missing the third hour quite a bit from now on.

• Like 1

I didn't mind last week's show because they gave us some damn good wrestling but for the better part of the past year we get

-20 minute opening from The Authority which is sometimes okay but usually very repetitive.

-A crappy tag team angle. For months it was Mizdow/Miz vs. Usos. Now it's some bullshit with the Rhodes brothers.

-Whatever Cena is doing. He usually never changes all that much so once again, rinse and repeat

-Intercontinental title segment with guys that just beat each other every week. Equal booking horseshit.

-New act they are half-ass pushing. Maybe it's Adam Rose. Maybe it's Fandango. Maybe it's New Day. They all suck.

-Decent length match with the likes of Ziggler, Bryan if he's healthy, maybe Cesaro. Now plug in Ryback, etc.

-Terrible divas segment with the Bellas and AJ. Or is it the Bellas and Paige. Terrible acting or nothing two-minute match.

-Main event segment. Bring The Authority back out. Maybe it will be a good match with Rollins. It could also be a terrible match with Big Show or Kane.

-Fin.

• Like 2

Am I supposed to want to see Brock Lesnar destroy both Reigns and Bryan? Because that's what I want to see after tonight.

BTW, the buzz in the arena when people think Sting is there is undeniable. There's no doubt that 14 years away from a major wrestling promotion has not hurt his popularity in the least.

This show managed to make me significantly less interested in every single potential Mania matchup. That's quite the feat. Even Cena/Rusev is less interesting now that it's become yet another CAN CENA OVERCOME THE ODDS? storyline.

Its more about about respect than Cena overcoming the odds.