DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

Just read this tidbit about Fantastic Four that everyone will surely love:

""It's clobbering time" is something Ben Grimm's abusive brother used to say before he slapped him about."

Wow.....

That's not true.  It could've been true at some point, but it's not in the movie.

Just read this tidbit about Fantastic Four that everyone will surely love:

""It's clobbering time" is something Ben Grimm's abusive brother used to say before he slapped him about."

Wow.....

That's not true. It could've been true at some point, but it's not in the movie.

Damn. I wanted it to be because that would be hilarious.

I love that people think that the Fantastic Four will either

A. Leave Fox and find its way to Disney

Or

B. Disney will actually do something with the Fantastic Four after they said how bad their comics sold

Daredevil left Fox and we got one of the best shows ever out of it.  It might take some years, but I believe everything is eventually returning to Marvel.

Or

B. Disney will actually do something with the Fantastic Four after they said how bad their comics sold

Daredevil left Fox and we got one of the best shows ever out of it.  It might take some years, but I believe everything is eventually returning to Marvel.

I wouldn't hold your breath for X-Men....

Or

I don't know what Disney thinks, but I see a lot of value to Marvel getting the rights to Dr. Doom and Galactus back. If the Fantastic Four come with them then sure, whatever.

Fox earns nothing by holding this back another 7 years.  They make no money off of it.  In other words, this property is a bargaining chip for Disney.  They could trade this with Disney for something else.  Possibly TV rights to X-Men or something like that.  Maybe merchandising profits or something similar.

Here is one example.  In 2011, Sony opted to take full control and profits of the film rights of Spider-Man.  What did Disney get in return?  Literally all the merchandising rights and profits for Spider-Man, meaning Sony got jack squat of that when they launched Amazing Spider-Man.  Sony attempted to do a Spider-Man Cinematic Universe.  That failed, and now they are co-producing Spider-Man with Marvel, and Marvel gets to use Spider-Man for the MCU.

EDIT:

More fun stuff.

CLtaGpLXAAAipY5.jpg

I've been watching a bunch of this guy's reviews lately and I've never seen him this upset.

I don't even remember what the last superhero movie was I haven't watched in the cinema. This might be the first one in a very long time.

• Like 3

I actually thought 4 might do ok when i saw the trailer and was hoping it would just to prove my buddy wrong. Looks like ill be the one eating humble pie.

Just as well because Miles Teller and Kate Mara are horribly overrated. Kinda feel for Michael B.Jordan though.