DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

So wow, the director and two of the stars of Chronicle bite the big one in Marvel super hero movies not made by Disney.

All that's left is for Alex Russell to announce he's going to be in a Ghost Rider reboot or something.

1244455.jpg

Someone already made this:

11813461_1478526789125179_79525301081695

Well, well, well:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-deal-x-men-live-813542

"[For] X-Men, we're in negotiations with Marvel. We're hopeful we'll be able to announce something soon. We're not closed on a deal yet but it's something we're definitely pursuing," Fox Television Group chairman and CEO Dana Walden told THR on Thursday at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour stop. 

I'm glad Fox is talking to Marvel about working together, but if there's one non-Marvel Studios property that doesn't need Marvel necessarily, it's Fox and their X-Men films. At this point, it's just icing on the cake if the deal goes through.

Oh yeah, now I remember seeing a little blurb about an X-Men show on the Facebook trending thing, but I didn't read about it. Guess I should have :P Makes me wonder what characters Marvel wants to use, since I would assume all the major ones would be out of the question with Apocalypse coming up and the reboots to characters like Cyclops and Jean Grey have been cast and on film.

And is this the secret show John Ridley is working on?

Josh Trank's not going down on his sinking ship alone, tweet already deleted:

CLxWVciWEAEXtc8.png

I don't even think "meteoric" would describe Trank's fall from grace this year. From being slated to direct a Star Wars spin-off to probably never working on a big studio picture ever again. Just...wow.

I think it just would've been more hard, gritty realistic Cronenberg body horror type of stuff.  Like the horror of getting these powers and what it would do to your mind psychologically.  Also smart kids getting bullied.

For whatever reason, Rob Liefeld is getting very defensive and acting like a protective mama bear for Fant4stic on Twitter.  I don't understand why, but I assume it's solidarity with Fox because they are finally releasing Deadpool?

I think it just would've been more hard, gritty realistic Cronenberg body horror type of stuff. Like the horror of getting these powers and what it would do to your mind psychologically. Also smart kids getting bullied.

Sounds more the Four in Planetary than the FF.

7% rotten. I never thought Fantastic Four (2015) would score as low. A comic book film hasn't had this much of a kicking since Catwoman (2004).

Comic book films/TV can be rehabilitated from a previously bad entry or entries:

Batman & Robin (1997) to the Dark Knight trilogy, Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008) and The Dark Knight Rises (2012) is the best example of this.

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) and X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) to X-Men: First Class (2011), The Wolverine (2013) and X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).

Judge Dredd (1995) to Dredd (2012)

Daredevil (2003 film) to Dardevil's TV series (2015). Second only to Christopher Nolan's work on Batman.

The problem with Fantastic Four is Fox are now 0/3. This was supposed to reboot what came before and the sole has come off the boot truly. I feel sorry for Fantastic Four fans with these films. An eight year wait between the previous film and this one. I expect that might be the same wait for the next one, possibly longer. Whatever happens to the Fantastic Four, its going to take a lot of rebuilding from hitting rock bottom here.

Ideally Marvel Studios gets the rights and introduce the characters in short cameos before doing a film. I like origin films but the origin has been shown twice now. I'd either show them in a quick flashback or in the opening credits. You could say Fantastic Four haven't showed up in the MCU because they've been trapped in Fox's Negative Zone ; ).

• Like 2