DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Snowed In 1-26-15

MGFanJay

I think in a perfect world Reigns/Lesnar would be at Fastlane with Brock going over, but Reigns gaining respect before going on to face Rusev at Mania. Taking a beating from Brock, and coming up short after a great effort would do a lot more for Roman's popularity than pinning the biggest badass ever with a jumping punch, and running hug.

Cena seems like the odd man out to me. I don't know what he does if he isn't working Rusev.

Yeah I said in the Mania thread the best way to get Roman a positive reaction at Mania is to beat Cena. It should tell Vince something that the two biggest heels at Mania will be his #1 and #2 most pushed baby faces. It seems like modern fans are responding better to old school NWA face booking better than Superman wins lol. Of course they cry about their favorite losing, but smark rage is this generations version of real heat. There's a fine line to walk(I think Ambrose has  jobbed too much), but Superman booking isn't working anymore.

• Like 1

I'm more concerned with why anyone wants to see Sting and HHH. Don't get me wrong, while I'm no huge fan of Trips, I know he's been a decent worker for years. However, I doubt Sting can even be carried these days. The match has Scott Steiner level suck potential. The only thing worth seeing would be his entrance.

If he's in shape, he'll be game enough to do something.  I think he'll be in shape- he's less worn down than Flair and Hogan.   I don't expect a great match, but I expect something watchable with enough shenanigans thrown in to make it fun.

I'm pretty sure there is a hotel within walking distance of HQ

With something that big and with the amount of out of town folks who fly in and out - I wouldn't be surprised if it is on the premises.

wwe_zpsf1bee8cd.jpg

Not the classiest place in the world, but I bet they're enjoying some fine Peruvian cuisine today!

• Like 1

Rusev has a very high wrestling iq. He looks likes he belongs. Given Cenas track record of dragging average matches out of broomsticks I'm not worried at all.

Rusev and Reigns are light years apart right now. Reigns hasn't even shown he can have a compelling singles match.

The best match match I've seen from Rusev was his match with Reigns from Smackdown earlier this month. It was pretty good. Reigns vs. Rollins is two for two in good category as well. Reigns can have compelling singles matches.

Reigns has had good singles matches, but I wouldn't go as far to say great or compelling. More like competent. After watching that last segment Brock should hold the belt for another 5 years. I didn't believe a word Reigns said he looked and sounded like a lamb being led to slaughter. The funny thing is that would make him more over than winning.

The Rock got called out for not asking for a rematch with Brock. Hopefully that means Brock sticks around and we'll get Rock/Brock 2 sometime between now and Mania 32. Rock going for revenge after Lesnar kills Reigns sounds like the real money match here.

• Like 1

Rusev has a very high wrestling iq. He looks likes he belongs. Given Cenas track record of dragging average matches out of broomsticks I'm not worried at all.

Rusev and Reigns are light years apart right now. Reigns hasn't even shown he can have a compelling singles match.

The best match match I've seen from Rusev was his match with Reigns from Smackdown earlier this month. It was pretty good. Reigns vs. Rollins is two for two in good category as well. Reigns can have compelling singles matches.

So did you not watch the Rusev series with Big E and Swagger, or....

That Big E vs Rusev match from MITB, *where Rusev almost died on the spear through the ropes, was better than any Roman singles match and probably the best match of both Big E and Rusev's careers.  

*Seriously go back and watch that one spot.  It's probably the most ridiculous bump anyone has taken all year.

Edit: Found it.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure there is a hotel within walking distance of HQ

With something that big and with the amount of out of town folks who fly in and out - I wouldn't be surprised if it is on the premises.

"There's a hotel? I didn't have to walk into that neighborhood, knock on a door, and ask if I could crash in their garage for the night?" - Dean Ambrose, as written by Piranesi

• Like 1

Reigns delivery was fine but it's all still bullshit. Vince wants another Cena because it worked out so well for Warrior and Luger when he wanted another Hogan. 

And thanks to Vince and his absolute refusal to listen to anyone unless they agree with him we now have the 2nd generation of the "Cena Babyface" where it's okay if the fans hate the supposed top good guy and it's okay to say you might not win the biggest match of your life cause hey that's how the cookie crumbles. 

Fucking horrible. 

• Like 2

The Rock as the money behind a team of Samoan Assassins (Roman and the Usos and whoever else they've got) tryin to take down the only man Rock never beat could be a good way to gain interest. And keep Reigns from talking too much.

Still think they need to fly in as many Samoans as possible for a pre-WM angle. Make up/exaggerate some traditional Samoan ceremony where they give Roman Reigns the blessing or backing to obtain a championship. Have a ring with Afa, Sika, Afas kids (Samu/Manu/LA Smooth), Rosey, Rikishi, Tama, The Usos, The Rock, and assorted others. As they're about to bless Reigns, Lesnar's music hits, Brock and Heyman come out. Heyman gets to talk about knowing all the Samoans, Brock stares down Afa, Rikishi, Rock and Reigns. Maybe a giant brawl ensues as Brock decides to fight a dozen Samoans at once.

This isn't hard WWE, steal the idea

• Like 1

So, after watching Raw, and mainly seeing that segment with Roman, Brock and Heyman, I got a huge feeling that they're going to have Heyman double cross Brock at WM. Heyman does this whole spiel about how he knows Roman's family, his history, and how much respect he has for them. He then gets into talking about how the Rock ruled the land, just like Brock does now, but Rock was going to run into Brock and that time with Rock on top would be over. To me, it seemed like Heyman was foreshadowing what would happen at WM. More than that, considering Heyman is an agent, it sounded like Heyman's recruitment pitch.

• Like 2

Still think they need to fly in as many Samoans as possible for a pre-WM angle. Make up/exaggerate some traditional Samoan ceremony where they give Roman Reigns the blessing or backing to obtain a championship. Have a ring with Afa, Sika, Afas kids (Samu/Manu/LA Smooth), Rosey, Rikishi, Tama, The Usos, The Rock, and assorted others. As they're about to bless Reigns, Lesnar's music hits, Brock and Heyman come out. Heyman gets to talk about knowing all the Samoans, Brock stares down Afa, Rikishi, Rock and Reigns. Maybe a giant brawl ensues as Brock decides to fight a dozen Samoans at once.

This isn't hard WWE, steal the idea

Now I want to see Rikishi trying to run over Brock Lesnar with a car and Lesnar just flipping the car over with his bare hands.

• Like 2

To add to my thought that Heyman will double cross Brock at WM and Roman is Heyman's new client, maybe they'll do a loser leaves town thingy to explain the likelihood that there will be no rematch with Brock and Roman if Brock leaves after WM.

So did you not watch the Rusev series with Big E and Swagger, or....

Was quite fond of both series. Didn't think any of the matches were better than what Rusev did with Reigns.

To add to my thought that Heyman will double cross Brock at WM and Roman is Heyman's new client, maybe they'll do a loser leaves town thingy to explain the likelihood that there will be no rematch with Brock and Roman if Brock leaves after WM.

With all due respect, I think that's a terrible idea. If Brock is actually leaving, the WWE would be smart to do everything they can to make it look like he isn't.

Presumably they'll just have Rikishi try to run over Lesnar, Lesnar punches the front of the car, the punch causes the car to stall on Rikishi, then Lesnar yanks the door off the car and drags Rikishi out of the drivers seat to inflict a beating on him

Remember that the driver's seat would have to be specifically tailored for a larger man. That's what tipped Foley off to the fact that Rikishi ran over Austin!