DVDVR Message Board

2015 Hall of Fame

HumanChessgame

Victoria would be a bad choice. There is no reason to induct her. She wasn't as over as Lita, Trish, Stacy, or some of the other females at the time. She had a good 1-2 year run and was quickly forgot. Let's not pretend that the majority of her last WWE matches were met with silence which were followed up by Victoria doing interviews complaining about WWE not putting the strap on a near 40 year old woman with a torn ACL and instead deciding to go with women who were 20 years younger than Victoria. Victoria's TNA promos, when she first came in, reeked of someone who had hit a mid-life crisis. Toss in the fucking  two married men in John Cena and Chris Benoit..and I don't know why she would go in. The work wasn't there, neither were the promos, and she wasn't that over.

WWE doesn't have an infinite number of Diva inductees and I brought up Victoria's name because a.) she's from California (& WWE likes to do some local inductions for the HOF) b.) she's a former WWE Woman's champion & c.) If they asked her, she probably would say yes. If we're bringing in the "________ is more over than ________" discussion then there's plenty of people who should have gone into the HOF already. But the Hall of Fame is really who WWE wants to be in it and who wants to accept. Plus it's not a legit Hall of Fame, so there's nothing really to get worked up or argue over. I agree Stacy, Torrie, Kelly Kelly et al were ahead of Victoria in terms of popularity, but I don't know whether Stacy would accept (she was a rumored inductee for the past two years so whether she's been asked & turned it down, or it's the news/gossip sites who fueled the rumors, I don't know), Torrie - maybe (she was at one of the recent WrestleMania's with A-Rod), Kelly Kelly seems to be done with wrestling at the moment too so whether she'd accept or not I don't know. Plus Kelly's young enough to make a comeback (she's 28) if she decided and the HOF is usually for wrestlers/Divas who are inactive. Here's one Diva who I don't think has been mentioned yet and she has a strong WWE connection via her husband The Miz & that's Maryse. IIRC she was over, a former Diva's champ & I'm guessing she's retired from the biz now, so she'd be a good Diva induction for this year. 

As for the rumored tag team induction:

All signs point to...

D'VON GET THE TABLES~!

If fucking married men disqualified you from the HoF, then Lita would have to give back her ring, aside from the fact the Benoit thing was only a rumour with no actual proof. Not that I'd put Victora top of my induction list, but she's a multi time Women's champ, had a decent tenure, did everything they asked her to do whilst working there, won her match at WMXX, and they could realistically ask Trish Stratus to induct her, which they'd leap at the chance to do. She's not a bad choice.

I was thinking "Hey, Molly would be a great choice. I wonder what she's up to." and looked for some of those recent "interview at a signing/autograph show" videos that come up on youtube for most wrestlers. I forgot how big a mistake that was with her.

I was thinking "Hey, Molly would be a great choice. I wonder what she's up to." and looked for some of those recent "interview at a signing/autograph show" videos that come up on youtube for most wrestlers. I forgot how big a mistake that was with her.

What's the story here?

Even though i don't think they ever teamed, i could see them using Nikolai to induct ivan.

Tangentially, i didnt know before reading the hart book that he managed ivan in Australia and would have managed ivan in wwwf, but for bruno's dislike of hart.

Even though i don't think they ever teamed, i could see them using Nikolai to induct ivan.

Tangentially, i didnt know before reading the hart book that he managed ivan in Australia and would have managed ivan in wwwf, but for bruno's dislike of hart.

I think Nikolai and Ivan were tag champions in Florida actually.

Ivan_Koloff_Et_Nikola%EF_Volkoff_01.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure how I feel about the Bushwackers in the HoF. They honestly never did much of anything in WWF. Never held the titles once. They had a pretty hardcore career before WWF as The Kiwis and The Sheepherders, but don't know if that was HoF worthy either or if they'll even acknowlege it. They don't seem to be acknowledging Rikishi's past as Fatu, so wouldn't think they'd acknowledge their past either. Seems like sort of a Koko B Ware of the Tag Team Division entry to me

As matt and i were just discussing, i think this is the mid-card comedy induction, possibly to balance out any deceased inductees.

I dont think we will be seeing

barbed wire cage matches vs the fantastics from mid South

in their induction footage.

That being said, i bet they are inducted by

jamison

I've written at length on this website and others about how awesome tonight's inductees are. I think they are criminally underrated. They have matches that stack up quality wise to any other 80s tag team. They had a hugely over gimmick that stayed over despite not being pushed heavily. They drew wherever they went. They reinvented themselves late in their career and were over as a face comedy team after working as dominant heels for a decade. Not too many people can claim all those things.

• Like 1

Another name has broke via PWI.

Tatsumi Fujinami

Alright, I understand Inoki, but that... that's just plain weird. Yeah he held the WWF Jr. title and brought it back to Japan but that's kind of tiny in the scheme of things, especially to US fans. You would think Tiger Mask or Dynamite Kid would go in before him (and yeah I know Dynamite probably won't ever get in for obvious reasons but hey).