DVDVR Message Board

2014-15 NFL Playoffs: Conference Championships

Dolfan in NYC

Obviously disappointed by the first game. All on McCarthy though, you have to take chances to win and he didn't. Thank god the Pats took care of business, I don't think I could deal with a Seahawks-Colts Super Bowl. I barely survived Seahawks-Broncos...

God fucking dammit. The Super Bowl is the Patriots, who some jerkoff on here (no offense!) thinks its sad because they haven't won one in awhile despite always being there, and Pete fucking Carrol. Lovely. Patriots have Gronk...So...Ugh, hopefully the Patriots win and Gronk is the last one left standing.

I hate both teams also. On one hand you have the divisional rival who has sprung from irrelevance and looking for a repeat and then you have the Patriots who all the asshats around here claim to have been down with since day one.  In reality they were all Giants and Cowboys fans or whatever. Sheeeit. 

I guess I'll root for the Pats because I didn't think Spygate was that big of a deal and I'd like to see them quiet the people who say they can't win without cheating.

• Like 1

The problem is, the Manning crowd can shout "Small sample size! Small sample size!" and recite back whatever records he has. There's never, ever going to be a definitive answer because both sides are so entrenched (although it's totally Brady). The only way this can ever be truly settled is if we get them to go one-on-one, on a basketball court.

I do feel like Manning was a better regular season QB, but I wonder what type of career Manning would have had if he played on teams with as good of a defense as the Patriots have had for most of Brady's seasons. The Patriots haven't always had the best defense, but they've damn sure have had better defenses than the Colts and Broncos.

On the other hand, Brady really only has one or two seasons with weapons as good as Manning has been surrounded with virtually his entire career.

I've said it before, but I refuse to weigh in on who is better until they are both done. It goes back and forth. But the pendulum is definitely swinging back towards Tom Terrific right now.

Does this go here or in the stupidity thread?

@bkravitz: Breaking: A league source tells me the NFL is investigating the possibility the Patriots deflated footballs Sunday night. More to come.

@bkravitz: I'm told at one point the officials took a ball out of play and weighed it. Should hear more tomorrow on this subject.

@bkravitz: Told if a league investigation confirms deflated footballs it will result in lost draft picks. Stay tuned.

The problem is, the Manning crowd can shout "Small sample size! Small sample size!" and recite back whatever records he has. There's never, ever going to be a definitive answer because both sides are so entrenched (although it's totally Brady). The only way this can ever be truly settled is if we get them to go one-on-one, on a basketball court.

Hasn't Manning been one-and-done in the post-season something, like, eight or nine times?

I'm not sure if Brady ever has been.

Here's a what if for ya?

What if Manning had been drafted by the Patriots in 1998? No changes to the other players.

With the skills he has along with the skills of the other Patriots players gelled together. Would it create some regular season/post season mega team?

Would Manning even be able to adapt to the Patriots type of offense to create such a dynasty?

Forgive me if this is way off, just woke up and this thought came to my head while reading.