DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

I appreciate Mojo coming out there and trying a few things to see how they'd stick. Putting him with Zach Ryder in a babyface tag team was a smart move.

It's perfect. It hides his shortcomings, he can play cheerleader while Ryder does the work and it makes his working 100 mph stand out more when Ryder is in there to slow the match down so he can speed it back up. They might be on to something with him that works.

• Like 1

Ryder and Mojo are a surprisingly good fit! (Like fries and soft-serve ice cream.)

Carbon always surprises me when he shows off how fast he is on his feet, he's a quick mofo (reminds me of young UT).

Weren't there two failed attempts at giving Carbon a valet? I say give Eva the role.

EDIT: That faded/textured red sun should be Itami's T-shirt...

OV9blEoh.jpg

Anyone else here get blocked after Bull Dempsey's vanity Twitter search last night? Apparently he blocked just about everyone who didn't think his "fat guy without cardio" gimmick was going to make him a superstar.

I didn't even see that but I know a handful of people who he blocked last night for whatever he perceived as various slights to him. Not even stuff like "Bull Dempsey sucks" I know people who said it was silly and they got blocked too. It boggles my mind that these guys will vanity search their name and not only block whoever dissents but actually engage them first. Bull might be the worst though because he would actively vanity search everytime he's on TV and fav every compliment about him.

The intro to Joe's theme is so bad ass.  If they aren't going to change his music, they should just cut it there and have him walk out in silence.  Cool debut, although I wonder if he will be using the muscle buster on the next set of tapings.  Owens/Joe could be epic.

They need to get Gronk in the ring.

Yeah, I need 10,000 people chanting along to "S-A-W-F-T-SAWFT!!!!" before they split off Big Cass because he's big.

Bull Dempsey looked like a shorter version of me after running my portion of a marathon relay a few years ago. I didn't have any Doritos to cheer me up though.

Disappointed Becky's keeping that outfit. I think the trunks look terrible. Mojo dancing before dropping a hammer amused me way too much. Can't wait for Gable to finally convince Jordan to team with him.

Disappointed Becky's keeping that outfit. I think the trunks look terrible. Mojo dancing before dropping a hammer amused me way too much. Can't wait for Gable to finally convince Jordan to team with him.

I haven't watched yet but you mean Becky's keeping those horrid brown trunks that look like bloomers?  Bleh.

I haven't watched yet but you mean Becky's keeping those horrid brown trunks that look like bloomers?  Bleh.

Yes, she wore the same outfit she had at the special.

I'm looking forward to the Jordan/Gable team. They could have a good feud with the Vaudevillians. I want to like Blue Pants, but every time she gets on offense it just looks like shit. The girl that wrestled Becky had the same problem her offense looked light as a feather. I get why people do the Lita comparisons with Becky, but Becky is a million times better worker. I loved how Cass brought a serious tone to the promo to close it.

• Like 1

I laughed my ass off at Bull "No Cardio" Dempsey. Him blaming being up all night training was classic. I hope a veteran comes along to whip him into shape.

I kind of want Bull to be the Rhino to Bo Dallas's Steve Corino. Complete with Bo's appendix constantly bursting.

Is there any particular reason that Leva Bates isn't under contract? She's good in the ring, attractive and massively over.

I'd imagine that she's relatively too old for them to invest any time in NXT, so it's easier for them to bring her in as enhancement talent.  If anything, it helps her indy career getting more exposure. 

Blue Pants is the embodiment of why NXT is awesome. It's something that happened so organically and the writing staff was able to say fuck it, let's run with this. It may be my favorite gimmick in NXT, or in all of wrestling. She came in as a jobber, Big Cass clowned on her with humming the Price is Right music, that humming of the Price is Right music became her theme music, and she owns every bit of that character.

Sadly, her career would be over if she were ever promoted to Raw because I doubt the fans would have any idea of how to react. Then again, Fandangoing was/is a thing, so what the fuck do I know.