DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

Dixie would catch a lot less flack if she was a man (Stephanie too, imo).

Russo doesn't. Jim Herd doesn't.

Kind of in two minds about this.

Yes, women are more likely to be subject to unfair, internet-led mysognistic abuse.

On the other hand, gender or no, Dixie is an absolute idiot and a Godawful wrestling promoter.

Fair point about Stephanie though. She's actually WAY better than the clueless Shane, but gets way more crap regardless.

• Like 1

If I was Amazon and wanted wrestling (not a terrible idea actually), I think I'd just buy the thing and fuck Dixie off at this point.

Dixie's already proven that she'd rather the company go under and everyone lose their jobs than have a TNA without her involvement.

Seriously. Accidentally CC'ing the president of the network on a mail calling him a moron is one thing, but following THAT up by no-showing a major meeting with them? Are they TRYING to get kicked off the air?

30-rock-b12b63ed47df3b02.jpg

• Like 1

Dixie would catch a lot less flack if she was a man (Stephanie too, imo).

Russo doesn't. Jim Herd doesn't.

Kind of in two minds about this.

Yes, women are more likely to be subject to unfair, internet-led mysognistic abuse.

On the other hand, gender or no, Dixie is an absolute idiot and a Godawful wrestling promoter.

Fair point about Stephanie though. She's actually WAY better than the clueless Shane, but gets way more crap regardless.

But Shane was HARDCORE~!

In all fairness, Test should've been a big star.

Test had a moment or two where he was right on the cusp of getting bonkers over... the Greenwich Street Fight from SummerSlam '99 comes to mind immediately, a super fun match with a ton of heat. After that he got slowly booked into oblivion, which really shouldn't be on him.

• Like 3

What has Shane done to make anyone think he'd be a good or bad booker? I don't know many "Shane ideas". Except Boogie (which did work in the short-term) and Test (which, as mentioned, should have worked. I blame giving him such a dumb fucking name).

I really don't want to visit TNAMecca's site if possible, but is there a site that has the best of what's been said about Dave's report?  I'm curious how far off the deep end this has been.

Okay so what are the odds Jarrett ends up buying TNA back and merging Global Force with them. I have a feeling that was his plan all along. He just didn't count on TNA lingering to life for this long. I'll have to listen to that Meltzer thing later. You know, TNA's best bet might be just to go the old ECW route and buy late night time on sports channels.

Okay so what are the odds Jarrett ends up buying TNA back and merging Global Force with them. I have a feeling that was his plan all along. He just didn't count on TNA lingering to life for this long. I'll have to listen to that Meltzer thing later. You know, TNA's best bet might be just to go the old ECW route and buy late night time on sports channels.

What's there to really buy other than the tape library, the wrestler's contracts and the brand name?  

What's there to really buy other than the tape library, the wrestler's contracts and the brand name?  

Seconded.  TNA itself, especially without a TV deal, is worth even less than WCW was after Nitro and Thunder were cancelled, and THAT was already next to nothing.

If Vince spends more than a few hundred grand obtaining the tape library and trademarks, he's paying too much.

The tape library has more value to Vince than anybody else. With TNA, you get the final matches of Hogan, Flair and Foley. You also get the main event run and maturation of Christian, some fun X-Division stuff from the mid 2000s that would well as Network filler and basically the last decade of Sting's career.