DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

b9a9fb8396a623b410894f257623ead4.jpg

If I was an employee or investor, I'd be hoping this is just a terrible picture.  Vince looks fairly sickly in that pic.  If he looks like that day-in, day out, I'm passing him in the hall thinking to myself ".....that guy still largely controls a massive, publicly-traded company."  Then I'm probably feeling a little insecure about the future of the company and my investment/job.

Wonder how heavily involved Vince really is day-to-day and what his health is like?

You youngsters! I think most 69 year old guys wish they looked that good.

Yeah, other than the weird Bruce Jenner eyebrows, I think Vince looks pretty damn good.

• Like 1

At least he's somehow been diverted from his previous "Norman Fell" trajectory.

I'd love it if they brought back Vince and Linda as a Mr. and Mrs. Roper-type bickering couple.  In their backstage office, Hunter and Stephanie spend their time making babyfaces' lives miserable; meanwhile, in the locker room downstairs, Linda questions Vince's manhood while Vince cracks wise about Linda's casserole the night before, then turns to the camera for a hearty chuckle.

• Like 4

If Vince started dong the Norman Fell "deliver a punch line and look directly at the camera/studio audience and smile" thing, I would fucking die.

For reference:

NOTE: The best is the delayed one at 1:22 of the 2nd video and the one right after that.  Watch those and try not to burst out laughing.

• Like 10

At least he's somehow been diverted from his previous "Norman Fell" trajectory.

I'd love it if they brought back Vince and Linda as a Mr. and Mrs. Roper-type bickering couple. In their backstage office, Hunter and Stephanie spend their time making babyfaces' lives miserable; meanwhile, in the locker room downstairs, Linda questions Vince's manhood while Vince cracks wise about Linda's casserole the night before, then turns to the camera for a hearty chuckle.

And every week, Vince accidentally overhears a different conversation backstage, completely misinterperets it and jumps to the wrong conclusion, leading to various wacky hijinks.

• Like 4

That's "white meat babyface from Plains, Georgia" Carter. He was about to show young Bobby Fulton and Tommy Rogers how to do proper babyface dropkicks and celebrations of said dropkicks. 

In my opinion, he was always booked terribly. They killed his heat when he couldn't win the feud with the Iranians without the help of that charismatic babyface from California. It didn't help that he got the strap from that stupid oaf from Michigan who only got a run because his tag team partner walked out of the company. No one saw him as a legit champion and the way he was booked on the way out solidified that. 

• Like 10

Whoa Whoa, now! No one said anything about Vince looking like Mr. Furley!

No one goes Roper to Furley and lives.  It's just not possible.

10904005_10153014573382464_6926516750143

Now this guy OTOH...

What a great pic of the Harts ruined by Owen's High Energy gear.

Could be worse.  He could've done like Koko and hiked his pants up to his nipples.

That was for aerodynamics.

And yeah, Owen really outshines Bret and Stu there.  He should've at least gotten Stu some High Energy pants too.

• Like 1

Whoa Whoa, now! No one said anything about Vince looking like Mr. Furley!

No one goes Roper to Furley and lives.  It's just not possible.

10904005_10153014573382464_6926516750143

Now this guy OTOH...

It's a shame Dink died, because he legit looks like Sami Zayn's dad with that ginger beard.