DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

www.classicfm.com/radio/aod/?episodeId=ee15b136-6f2f-4c0c-a615-8fd8f9d6ebf7

Classicfm do their annual look at videogame classical music.

intro -shadow of the colossus

hyrule field - ocarina of time.

apotheosis - journey

Perfect way to start a monday morning.

The 2014 re-release of Shadowgate is very faithful to the original while actually looking good enough.

It also makes me think we've all become idiots because we actually used to play shit like this without a walkthrough which is barely conceivable now. Ain't no one got time for that. There's 12 holes and 5 glyphs and I just want to know the answer to get the magic staff. I can't even imagine a person under 20 playing this game now, which is sort of sad because as visual novels/click on picture games go, it might be the most mind boggling one ever made.

I still died using a walkthrough because I forgot to cure the banshee curse. #YOLO

I plan on making my thirteen year old play it as a punishment instead of minecraft next time he pisses me off

• Like 1

Diablo 3 patch 2.3 dropped today and yesterday was Hearthstone's expansion The Grand Tournament. 

TGT added a bunch of new cards and it has created chaos amongst the games, as everyone is trying out the new cards to see if they will fit into any current decks or they are trying all new decks.

D3's 2.3 has me excited again about the game. I haven't played in months but they always bring me back.  

• Like 3

Meanwhile, Blizzard also dropped Wow 6.2.1, which opened one duengon ahead of next Tuesday's 6.2.2, which brings in the next 2 aND Draenor flying (if you finished the ridiculous grind for it). Funny, because for half the day, the raid was missing one of its biggest bosses. My guild was not amused.

Diablo 3 patch 2.3 dropped today and yesterday was Hearthstone's expansion The Grand Tournament. 

TGT added a bunch of new cards and it has created chaos amongst the games, as everyone is trying out the new cards to see if they will fit into any current decks or they are trying all new decks.

D3's 2.3 has me excited again about the game. I haven't played in months but they always bring me back.  

I haven't played Hearthstone since I started playing Force of Will last month, but I'm probably going to get back in with TGT.  My friend has gained 10 ranks on ladder today playing dragon priest (!) and I really want to get a shaman deck to work with all the new totem support.  Worst case scenario, I'll just craft Varian and throw him into my control warrior deck.  ;)

That's how I felt trying Battletoads.... Did you like that video, by the way, Cliff?

Yeah. Blew your load a little fast by running the severed head before the credits but it was probably my favorite since MKX (my favorites tend to be the games I've actually played, aside from IDARB which basically exists solely to generate bizarre youtube vids). 

• Like 1

In an update. NLBC isn't going out of business yet. Since Henry Cen decided that he had to stay til March for legal reasons, Spooky has decided to continue broadcastin til then. And it's also possible that the store will move and continue at another location with (assumedly) NLBC continuing with it.

• Like 1

Been watching some stuff on Until Dawn, and the idea looks really cool to me.  Anyone played it yet?

Nope, but this is an awesome review of said game:

"You do not have the complexion for the protection." Classic. His Madden review may be even better.

Edit: the more I see of it, the more it reminds me of Heavy Rain. I think that's a good thing.

• Like 1

So I've completed Undead Nightmare, done all the challenges, got all the magic horses, and all I need to do to get the 100% completion trophy is rescue a few more missing persons. But the question is... can I be bothered? It's only a silver.

Don't think I'll be going for the Platinum on the main game though. I can't see online being alive in any way, for a start.