DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

Diablo III Season 4 starts tonight at 5pm PDT (8pm EDT), for the two of us who still fire the game up when big patches come out. ;-)

I'm playing, albeit on PS4 so seasons aren't a thing for me.  The new cube is the best addition they've made since rifts.

• Like 1

Diablo III Season 4 starts tonight at 5pm PDT (8pm EDT), for the two of us who still fire the game up when big patches come out. ;-)

Will season 4 be the season I finally get my barbarian to the leaderboards?  Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z!  

• Like 1

I hardly ever do seasons. I am loving this patch. The cube as well as not having to go through trials anymore. 

• Like 1

I played a shitload of diablo 3 but still don't really understand what seasons are.  I'm just kind of going through at whatever difficulty is highest available to me. I'm on my third tentative playthrough.  This game is like Civ V, great for long drinking sessions where I don't care about what actually happens. Season shit has me start all the way over right?  I don't want to give up this maximus sword that gives me a flame thrall with the fire chain shit.  It's too good.  Does it have more of that shit where it's just complete chaos with bad guys popping up everywhere and you're just nuking 100+ badguys at a toss?  That super hectic shit is what I want more of.

I played a shitload of diablo 3 but still don't really understand what seasons are.  I'm just kind of going through at whatever difficulty is highest available to me. I'm on my third tentative playthrough.  This game is like Civ V, great for long drinking sessions where I don't care about what actually happens. Season shit has me start all the way over right?  I don't want to give up this maximus sword that gives me a flame thrall with the fire chain shit.  It's too good.  Does it have more of that shit where it's just complete chaos with bad guys popping up everywhere and you're just nuking 100+ badguys at a toss?  That super hectic shit is what I want more of.

Yes, seasons are kind of a "How fast can you go when you start over" thing, with a few exclusive legendaries and rankings thrown in.

Like a dumb fucking asshole I bought the new Madden.  I upgraded to PS4 recently, so I guess it was sort of worth it.  Probably not.  

There's...trophies?

Although most of them seem a bit grindy this year. Ugh.

If you think that's bad....I bought Dishonored Definitive Edition for PS4 and I HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED Dishonored PS3 version yet.

So I finished AC4: Black Flag today. Man, what a great game. All I really have left to do are the diving missions.

That said, here's a dumb admission for y'all. I'll likely never do them because I have a completely irrational fear of underwater segments in video games. Especially when sharks are involved. I have no idea what caused it or even when it started (I blame Sonic), but man, do I ever hate them...

I find the MUT mode of Madden really fun. Last year I only played one Franchise Mode season as I was obsessed with MUT, and that is already happening this year. I don't spend real money on it of course so I don't fall into the Freemium trap. I get Madden every year but I think it is fine this year, no complaints. I'll start a season after the Week 1 roster update.

Zafehouse: Diaries

I'm not convinced it's a particularly good video game. Seems to go "scrounge for items > wander around > I don't know what I'm doing > game over". But, it has an option to add a photo of a person you know and make them one of your zombie survivor people.

I added Bill Murray. So the game's not a total loss.