DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

Get inFamous: First Light, too. I loved Second Son, but First Light is even better as far as gameplay.

I second MLB The Show, Resogun, Rocket League, and I want to throw Rayman Legends out there if you haven't played it on another console yet. It's still my favorite game on the PS4. 

Oh, and go download your IGC games for August now because today is the very last day to do so. 

Devil May Cry 2 is as shit as they say.

Towerfall Ascension gave me the best PC local multiplayer experience since Worms Armageddon.

The original Toki Tori is a little gem.

DCKR mirror mode is some scary shit.

Mega Man X4 is comfortably better than Mega Man 2.

Devil May Cry 2 is as shit as they say.

Yup. I never played the second half of the game. Did not at all see the point.

I'm planning on Platinum'ing Devil May Cry 2 at some point. I must hate my life.

Yikes... let me know how that goes for ya...

Free weekend of Evolve on the XBox One also, and it's a hoot. I have a feeling I won't fare too well against Goliath when it's computer controlled.

Naimark, savor Witcher 3. It's over before you know it. It'll always be there, and this is for a weekend. Then start Witcher 3 over with Game + and find yourself getting killed by Level 31 wolf packs.

• Like 1

Somehow "every single thing in GTA Vice City" wasn't on that list because we still have to pretend that was a good game, I guess.

*smdh

Anyone that still voluntarily plays the GTA games where you don't even have a free camera so you can see what you're doing when you turn left or right is an obvious escaped lunatic and should be approached with extreme caution.

Whenever people ten / twenty years down the line people start to admit that a previously universally-acclaimed game wasn't good I feel a twinge of smugness that I was ahead of the curve with my superhuman ability to tell if games are good or not merely by the act of playing them. Not really worth the preceding years spent either being dismissed or painted as a miserable old bastard, but it's something.

Platinumming DMC2 should only be attempted if being sponsored for charity or something. JLSigman got a lot further than me.

I'm going to defend any lack of online functionality in Towerfall by using the designed for local multiplayer defence. I can do this because I am not the developer of the game and so will not get lynched.

Naimark, savor Witcher 3. It's over before you know it. It'll always be there, and this is for a weekend.

I typed that title into howlongtobeat.com and now I'm confused

• Like 1

I meant to say to play the Evolve trial over the weekend while it's available, then get back to Witcher 3. Witcher 3 will always be there, and Evolve is a weekend-only thing.

I dunno that I'd buy it, but Evolve is a pleasant enough distraction for a weekend.

I'm just about to beat that fucking Witcher 3 game and I've been playing the sunuvabitch since May.  I need to beat it this weekend so I can start playing this goddamned Metal Gear game.  I played up to the part where you get the base and had to force myself to quit.  Then, I wanna play a buttload of Mario Maker next Friday.  Bastards.

Somehow "every single thing in GTA Vice City" wasn't on that list because we still have to pretend that was a good game, I guess.

*smdh

Anyone that still voluntarily plays the GTA games where you don't even have a free camera so you can see what you're doing when you turn left or right is an obvious escaped lunatic and should be approached with extreme caution.

I played it when it was new, it was amazing. Still very playable.

Doom is dated as Hell, (pun intended), but I still have yet to find a shooter that dripped with atmosphere like it did.

See the thing that makes that a really bad comparison is DOOM has camera controls that let you see where you're going and

I played Brutal DOOM in the last year and it's legitimately great. What an astonishing homebrew project that is. I thought I'd put like 10 minutes into it as a laugh and it ended up being the first FPS that has sucked me in for a long while. I'll never beat DOOM on the harder difficulty levels. Ever.