DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK SIXTEEN

paragon11

You know what? I'll so a Kyle Orton/Cutler swap straight up. With the Bills D and tools, he wouldn't be called upon do do as much. All the Bills QB really needs to do is hit Sammy for a 50 yarder once or twice a game. . . . 

Yeah, if only Cutler had a good rugged defense, two giant wide receivers capable of making the most ridiculous catches ever and a Pro Bowl caliber running back on the Bears...

Yeah. . . . Well it'll work in Buffalo, . . . BECAUSE, yeah that's why.  :) In all seriousness though, you know Bills fans are desperate for a sniff at a superstar quarterback that we will jump at anyone, even a streaky, overpaid qb on the downside of his career. . .

'

You know what? I'll so a Kyle Orton/Cutler swap straight up. With the Bills D and tools, he wouldn't be called upon do do as much. All the Bills QB really needs to do is hit Sammy for a 50 yarder once or twice a game. . . . 

Yeah, if only Cutler had a good rugged defense, two giant wide receivers capable of making the most ridiculous catches ever and a Pro Bowl caliber running back on the Bears...

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but the Bears Defense YPG Allowed is 30th, the Bills are 5th.  The Bears have allowed the most points on defense in the NFL.  Soooo not exactly a good rugged defense.  Not saying I want Cutler on the Bills (although he'd be better than Orton), but the Bills are better than the Bears (which admittedly isn't saying much).

Bears defense Exhibit A:

4b798fa4dceccf52da3aa2c7b3a93b20.gif

As a Carolina Panthers diehard, the very concept of benching Cutty for the worst starting QB in my franchise's history is pretty great.

This is a franchise that has started luminaries like Frank Reich, 72 year old Vinny Testaverde, drunken Kerry Collins. Rodney Peete and the immortal Chris Weinke and Clausen is clearly the worst. And Chicago thinks he gives them a better chance to win than Jay Cutler.

I'm not sure what you're smoking, but the Bears Defense YPG Allowed is 30th, the Bills are 5th.  The Bears have allowed the most points on defense in the NFL.  Soooo not exactly a good rugged defense.  Not saying I want Cutler on the Bills (although he'd be better than Orton), but the Bills are better than the Bears (which admittedly isn't saying much).

Admittedly, I had no idea what kind of D the Bears had and mostly wanted to make the point that the Bears offensive weapons are pretty much as good as you'll find anywhere in the league. I mean, McCown got signed as a coveted free agent because they made him look so good. 

Still, I'm kinda shocked their defense is that bad. Didn't they have one of the best D's in the league like a year or two ago? Hard to believe it fell off the map that quickly.

Admittedly, I had no idea what kind of D the Bears had and mostly wanted to make the point that the Bears offensive weapons are pretty much as good as you'll find anywhere in the league. I mean, McCown got signed as a coveted free agent because they made him look so good. 

Still, I'm kinda shocked their defense is that bad. Didn't they have one of the best D's in the league like a year or two ago? Hard to believe it fell off the map that quickly.

Cutler's turnovers didn't help, I know those numbers can be misleading because when the offense is bad, the defense is on the field more and naturally allows more yards and points by default.  I think they have shitty safeties if I recall, if Jae or Craig waddle back in here they probably know better why they suck so much.

We've had shitty safeties FOREVER. We've been drafting safeties since the Lovie days. 

Our defense got old and the parts didn't get replaced, particularly the defensive line. Last year there was NO run defense to speak of. You could put 200 rushing yards up on any day of the week. This year we had slight improvements in the line, and where able to rush some QBs pretty well. It felt great. But there was no coverage. We have decent Corners, but no real linebackers or safeties to speak of so the middle of the field and deep balls murder us.

As far as the offense goes, it's totally uneven. We'll go 20 plays without calling a run. Jay started the season hot as hell. Then it just went to hell and he never got out of it. He's talented. I believe that. But he looks just mentally broken out there, and when he's failing he's not reined in to stop making those mistakes. If he had an ounce of humility to let himself be told what to do he'd probably become amazing. But it's too late for that now. 

It's just awful to watch. I don't even sit through their games any more. I just go enjoy life, play with my son. Fucking anything else, man.

"Chicago was always on my Top 5 short list because they have a quarterback. They have an offense." - Jared Allen, March 2014

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Not so much.

Loved everything #69 did in Minnesota. Would like to think he deserves a better finish than this. . .apparently the Seahawks were interested in him as a part-time guy. Really kind of wish he would have taken that deal instead.

Jimmy fucking Clausen is starting that game. Unless some kind of dark magik is being used, hilarity is going to ensue. JIMMY. CLAUSEN.

Out of any Notre Dame QB that's come and gone, I hate him the most. I suggested to CJs Pub, the place in town where Jimmy got his ass beat, that they put up a sign saying "Here lies Jimmy Clausen" and they thought it was a good idea. All of this should tell you that Jimmy Clausen absolutely SUCKS.

Look on the bright side people! Think of the fantasy points if you have the Lions D on your team.

You guys are talking like you expect the Bears to lose on Sunday. If you were a lifelong Lions fan, you'd know better.

Tebow's winning streak in Denver including a playoff win over Pittsburgh is one of the more absurd things I've ever seen. As a Gator supporter, I watched pretty much every game in Tebow's career and that will to win he had in college somehow translated to the pros at least for that small stretch. I don't know. I think he should still be in the league. Not a starter.

I immensely dislike Tebow. I hate his horrid throwing motion, I hate his politics, I hate the hype. But it's bullshit he's gone. If Jimmy Clausen can get work after never once looking like an NFL QB in 2010 during his painful run as Carolina's starting QB, Timmy should at least be one of the Redslurs 5 bad QBs.

^^^^ ...and Tebow is dyslexic. Raw talent will take you far in college but when you get to the pros it is the best you you played against in college every week as a backup.

His running and gunning will not work in the pros.  They will eat you alive like the Bengals did to Johnny Football.