DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK SIXTEEN

paragon11

Speaking of Johnny Football...

Report: Browns to “explore all options” at quarterback

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns intend to “explore all options” at quarterback this season.

Those options include a possible trade up to get Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota, a player with whom G.M. Ray Farmer reportedly is smitten.

The Browns will enter the draft with a pair of first-round picks that could be packaged in an effort to get Mariota, if the Browns decide to make a move up.  It would mean making a move out with current starter Johnny Manziel, whose wage-scaled contract would allow the Browns to keep both guys around, if they wanted to.

Speaking of Johnny Football...

Report: Browns to “explore all options” at quarterback

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Browns intend to “explore all options” at quarterback this season.

Those options include a possible trade up to get Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota, a player with whom G.M. Ray Farmer reportedly is smitten.

The Browns will enter the draft with a pair of first-round picks that could be packaged in an effort to get Mariota, if the Browns decide to make a move up.  It would mean making a move out with current starter Johnny Manziel, whose wage-scaled contract would allow the Browns to keep both guys around, if they wanted to.

I don't think two mid first round draft picks gets you to mariota, but I could be wrong. . .

Another dumb special teams play by the Lions, another touchdown by the Bears. Sure, it was a bad call - that's a 5-yard penalty without a doubt - but just a terribly stupid play to even give the refs that choice.

And Raiola, geez. Way to beg for a suspension.

Terrible no-call on pass interference against Megatron leads to another awful special teams play (blocked FG). None of you believed me when I told you I expected the Lions to lose.

Well I got my officiating question answered - this crew working this Steeler game is the most incompetent group of nincompoops I've seen this season.

They gift KC a first down & eventual FG with a taunting penalty when the entire Chiefs team wasn't even on the field and Steeler William Gay committed the unforgivable sin of folding his arms to his chest.

Mike Carey is either the worst referee ever or was the league's last competent official: every time Gumbel brings him on for "expert analysis" the game refs end up making the exact opposite call.

And either possibility seems totally plausible.

Josh Norman just had one of the most beautiful INTs I've ever seen, and then has a brain cramp and promptly turns the ball back over to the Browns.  We can't have nice things in Charlotte apparently.

It's okay, Drew Brees just decided you didn't need nice things to see your team benefit, anyway.

Wow. As a Pats fan I thought they were short on that first down call, and the Jets got screwed on the non-obvious first down call.

Win ugly, but win.

I thought at the time "The Pats need the win, the Jets need the high draft pick and the league/refs are just smoothing it out for everyone"

• Like 1