DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK SIXTEEN

paragon11

I gotta say, despite what will probably be a loss, Jimmy Clausen played really well today. As Giselle would say, he can't throw it AND catch it. His receivers have been absolutely brutal today.

Let's rename the NFC South title game to Conference USA.  Seriously though, I would give either team a chance for a W in the wild card round.

Well that or give the first team out in the AFC their birth in the NFC playoffs. . .

Let's rename the NFC South title game to Conference USA. Seriously though, I would give either team a chance for a W in the wild card round.

Likely hosting the Lions - and Carolina already killed us once this year.

I don't see it happening at all - let's be clear - but between Atlanta having a really good offense when they're on and Carolina seemingly getting hot (enough) at the right time, I wouldn't be stunned to see either of them go far. I really wouldn't. Football is fluky. 

I am thoroughly convinced the NFC South Champion will somehow defeat their superior Wild Card Opponent.  The Lions regress, the Cardinals turn back into a pumpkin, Sanchez Butt Fumble Bonanza for Philly, something.

This is completely devoid of all logic or sense and yet I feel it.

I don't see it happening at all - let's be clear - but between Atlanta having a really good offense when they're on and Carolina seemingly getting hot (enough) at the right time, I wouldn't be stunned to see either of them go far. I really wouldn't. Football is fluky. 

I don't know about going far but the last time an under .500 team made the playoffs (it was either Seattle or Arizona, I'm blanking on which), I do recall they won their Wild Card game so I expect the South winner to win one for pride. Like Marcellus Wallace told Butchy, pride is a tricky thing.

I don't know about going far but the last time an under .500 team made the playoffs (it was either Seattle or Arizona, I'm blanking on which), I do recall they won their Wild Card game so I expect the South winner to win one for pride. Like Marcellus Wallace told Butchy, pride is a tricky thing.

Twas Seattle, and the birth of "Beast Mode" as meme/nickname for Marshawn Lynch, no less.

I am rooting hard for the Colts right now.  And for Romo to remember its December.

EDIT:Aw fuck, this is gonna be one of those games, fucking refs.  That taunting rule is such bullshit.