DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-15-14

MGFanJay

So you've got Ryback and Rusev, two guys who can't really afford to be taking losses. What do you do? Have them feud with each other, of course! Jesus, this fucking company never learns.

Well, then, who would you pair them with right now? Really curious.

All I want for Christmas is for Noble to be outside the ring stooging it up when there suddenly comes a hand on the back of his jacket and snags him up. It's Nidia. "You told me you were gonna watch the baby tonight, damn you, it's girls' night out," and drags him off.

Mercury and Noble's stooging hit an alltime high tonight in the sequence that began with them not even considering trying to get Rollins out of there before Brock killed him, opting instead for the "run away and rub your face like you're super worried and upset" strategy

followed immediately by their reaction afterward like "YES!!! YES!!! OUR CLIENT WE WERE HIRED TO BE SECURITY FOR WASN'T MURDERED WHILE WE STOOD BY AND WATCHED THIS TIME!!!!  JOEY WE CAN DO THIS!!!  WE CAN DO THIS JOB!!!!"

All I want for Christmas is for Noble to be outside the ring stooging it up when there suddenly comes a hand on the back of his jacket and snags him up. It's Nidia. "You told me you were gonna watch the baby tonight, damn you, it's girls' night out," and drags him off.

Mercury and Noble's stooging hit an alltime high tonight in the sequence that began with them not even considering trying to get Rollins out of there before Brock killed him, opting instead for the "run away and rub your face like you're super worried and upset" strategy

followed immediately by their reaction afterward like "YES!!! YES!!! OUR CLIENT WE WERE HIRED TO BE SECURITY FOR WASN'T MURDERED WHILE WE STOOD BY AND WATCHED THIS TIME!!!!  JOEY WE CAN DO THIS!!!  WE CAN DO THIS JOB!!!!"

tumblr_ngnqojZGc41rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

• Like 1

It must suck to be standing off camera, knowing that in five seconds you have to figure out what it means to "be New Day" and then do that on camera, whatever it is...and you gotta get all psyched to...do...whatever New Day does, which you sort of vaguely don't know what it is...aaaaandYOU'RE ON GO GO GO!!!!!

And then you hear it...softly from the monitor in the next room:

Michael Cole's voice

saying: They're FUN I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

and you know, man.  You know how this goes...

• Like 2

Should I really try and look up those Ascension promos? I've missed them two weeks in a row now. Also, I just watched The Road Warrior again (and seen the trailer for Fury Road), so will it just make me mad?

I wouldn't. If you've seen a Road Warriors promo, you've seen the Ascension promos.

Should I really try and look up those Ascension promos? I've missed them two weeks in a row now. Also, I just watched The Road Warrior again (and seen the trailer for Fury Road), so will it just make me mad?

I wouldn't. If you've seen a Road Warriors promo, you've seen the Ascension promos.

"Tell 'em, Hawk!"

"WELL..."

It must suck to be standing off camera, knowing that in five seconds you have to figure out what it means to "be New Day" and then do that on camera, whatever it is...and you gotta get all psyched to...do...whatever New Day does, which you sort of vaguely don't know what it is...aaaaandYOU'RE ON GO GO GO!!!!!

And then you hear it...softly from the monitor in the next room:

Michael Cole's voice

saying: They're FUN I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

I LOVE THE NEW DAY!

and you know, man. You know how this goes...

You forgot to mention how the New Day just loves to have fun. And having fun is Vintage New Day.

• Like 1

Didn't watch this, but would I be right in thinking the idea is Heyman will eventually sell Brock out for Rollins? Let's say he accidentally plays a part in Reigns beating Lesnar, then Rollins cashes in on the more vulnerable Reigns? Kinda like his using Big Show to get the title on Angle in 02? 

One thing that has annoyed me over the past few weeks is that sharp cut they do from the lower left side of the ring when guys do a finishing move near the ropes by the ramp or near that corner.

Reigns superpunch was a perfect example. They do a couple of quick cuts and Cole screams SUPERPUNCH but you don't see anything.

When Sting did his splash part of the fun was watching him jump and fly with the move.

They did it a few times tonight and it looks like horrible work from guys in the booth.

• Like 1

Big Show sold the Superman Punch exactly the same way I sell hitting my little toe on that one wheel that sticks out from under the corner of my bed frame.

God, I hate that fucking thing and it owns me hard.

That was one of my favorite moments, then Big Show steps back and yells "You punch like a bitch!" 

Of course Lesnar being Lesnar was awesome

Man, someone needs to amend that Michael Cole BINGO card with the new tile "Cole Endorses New Gimmick...and Kills It Dead."

Man, Kane could stick around for 17 more years if it meant he kept killing awful gimmicks.

I am all in on Kane settling into semi-retirement as the wrestling version of The Sandman from Showtime at the Apollo. He just shows up once or twice a year for the next 20 years to kill dying gimmicks dead for good. That shit tonight was the hottest the crowd has been for him in a longass time.

Man, someone needs to amend that Michael Cole BINGO card with the new tile "Cole Endorses New Gimmick...and Kills It Dead."

Man, Kane could stick around for 17 more years if it meant he kept killing awful gimmicks.

I am all in on Kane settling into semi-retirement as the wrestling version of The Sandman from Showtime at the Apollo. He just shows up once or twice a year for the next 20 years to kill dying gimmicks dead for good. That shit tonight was the hottest the crowd has been for him in a longass time.

Was that when he said, Mizdow go take your bump!  Or something equally stupid?