DVDVR Message Board

NJPW World Has Arrived

KidKash202

I just signed up today so I can watch the Rumble match before the main show and of course the videos.  I did have a question in looking at the Live Streaming part.    I assume that the time of local Tokyo time and currently it shows "5:00 (soon start ring construction is) LIVE".  The PPV starts at 2:00 AM from what I understand.   So is the "time" on here 3 hours ahead or is this something else.  Also confused because they show the main show at 15:15.   Maybe my Google translate is completely fucked up

I mean I can use other sites to determine when a show actually begins

Yeah, replays can be cast just fine.

Regarding live, I wish I knew this then for Flipps.  But should NJPW have a show on Flipps again, there is a trick to casting the live show.

On the Chromecast app itself (the one to setup the device) there's a section for "Cast Screen".  It will show literally anything on your phone/tablet.  Just select "Cast Screen" and choose your Chromecast device.  So if it's running live on Flipps it'll cast perfectly on the TV.  Wish I knew this otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with the traditional PPV method.

Same can be said for the NJPW World viewer app.  If it plays, it can cast.  Going to come in handy for when I get around to the New Years Dash show.

Your account page, 3rd option is to modify your CC info.  I *think* the second button is the cancel, but I don't read katakana, so its a guess.

I would also imagine blanking the info and hitting confirm would cancel as well.

To cancel:

Click on "My Page" at the top (the link with your username), and the last option on that screen is cancel:

vXOV331.jpg

Then just confirm (my browser auto-translated it, but it does confirm that it cancels anyway):

nxCB4XN.jpg

I made those images all by myself :D

• Like 3

Also, that ring construction thing you see is exactly that.  They are airing the construction of the ring tonight lol.

Man I watched like 10 minutes of that. It was cool though.

I am getting mad at them. They should know that there are a lot of English speaking fans interested. I hope they start adding subtitles to all of these mini-documentaries they have been posting.

https://njpwworld.com/p/o_original_0002_10

So I decided to watch the 1/5 show and why is that some of the pre match and post match is completely muted.  I assume it was that they don't have copyright to the music but some entrances have music.   I guess they don't have the same company control over music that US companies do

So I decided to watch the 1/5 show and why is that some of the pre match and post match is completely muted.  I assume it was that they don't have copyright to the music but some entrances have music.   I guess they don't have the same company control over music that US companies do

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

One more Road to the New Beginning show on the 8th.

New Beginning in Osaka on the 11th - Main is Tanahashi versus Styles for the IWGP title.

New Beginning in Sendai on the 14th - Main is Nakamura versus Nagata for the IC title.

New Japan Road on the 27th.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On his Twitter, yes.

a fan asked Kidani on twitter "I want you to buy tape libraries of FMW, UWF International, SWS, WAR and other promotions for NJPWWorld.". Then Kidani replied "I really want to do it." 

It's already a great deal but the more archived footage the better. I have an affinity for all of those promotions. While I imagine bargaining will be tough, it sounds like Kidani will be working to get footage from companies outside of New Japan. Exciting.

Have they been adding additional classic New Japan footage?