DVDVR Message Board

NJPW World Has Arrived

KidKash202

So, what are the chances that new Live events are left in their entireity after they air?  Like, I'm not gonna get to watch WK live, so when I go back monday to watch it, is it gonna be complete or split up into the matches?

(Its WK, I'm expecting a huge Okada entrance and don't want to miss it.)

They'll probably get rid of the VTRs but the entrances should remain in tact. I just checked and they left his entrance in for the G1 Final at least.

Watching the World Tag League final right now and World is buffering like a ma'fugger. First time I've had issues.

New Japan's undercard is brutal and I remember why I usually just watch the upper midcard and main event matches.

So the 12/7 card was posted as one large file, and not split into matches.  Entrances still have music for the matches I watched, even though this (translated) disclaimer is on the page which implies I guess it is a case by case basis depending on the music:

For the convenience of on the right, for such as entrance and exit music players, there is a case where I am allowed to mute-replacement-cut support.

Also I realize of course I am not watching it live but no buffering issues at the moment.

Watching the World Tag League final right now and World is buffering like a ma'fugger. First time I've had issues.

New Japan's undercard is brutal and I remember why I usually just watch the upper midcard and main event matches.

They really need to do something about the Jr. division.  To their credit, they've been doing pretty well with the tag division, but they really need to find another Jr. ace.  Their undercard would improve leaps and bounds if they had a couple of young Jrs. they could count on to bring it on a match to match basis.  It doesn't help that guys like Ibushi and AJ Styles, who are technically Jrs. in size, work in the heavyweight division.

Taichi is trash, Tiger Mask might be worse, most of their gaijin don't have very good psychology so they consistently pander to the audience and put on poor matches, the wrestlers who debuted in the early '90s (Nagata, Nakanishi, Kojima, Tenzan, etc.) are all broken down physically (it was actually so sad it was funny watching Manabu trot around the ring for lariats and slowly fall down when selling), and I don't understand the appeal of Captain New Japan.So, when they load up the final three matches like they did on this show, the undercard (or in this case, the first 6 matches of a 9 match show) is going to be unbearable. Minoru Suzuki, Nagata to a lesser extent and maybe Kojima are about the only guys in those opening 6 matches that I would want to see wrestle. They have good depth in the top end but they really need to improve the lower 2/3rds of their roster and quick if they want to expand their business into American and elsewhere. It's weird that they pick two ROH guys that aren't really suited to the New Japan style in Bennett and Taven, but I guess all they cared about was Maria (creepy camera men!). 

The buffering stopped when I started watching part 2, it may have been an issue on my end.

Also, the music was dubbed for some of the wrestlers' themes. Liger's, Tenzan's, Tiger Mask's and a a few others had loud, obnoxious, generic music blaring over their actual themes that you could hear in the background. Probably still better than silence.

Just wanted to show some love for those that are helping schmucks like me navigate around this page so I can get to watching the shows/matches.  Google Translate only helps so much so it's nice to know what to do despite that.  An English site is essential, i'm hoping they get this by Wrestle Kingdom 9.

Speaking of WK9, will this have JR on commentary or will it be the regular commentators?  Sorry, I'm completely out of the loop on this and am trying to get a little familiar with it by show time.

It will just have the Japanese commentary. You'll have to order the PPV to hear Jim Ross.

Court Bauer said on his podcast that they're working on an English version of World that should be out in the matter of months. I hope they get popular enough to hire a dedicated English commentary team at one point. Though I've always enjoyed Japanese commentary, if they want this thing to take off outside of Japan, an English speaking commentary team is a must.

• Like 1

I can see the need for an English team, but there's something about the Japanese commentators losing their minds that is just outstanding.  The only time I heard an English team was for the FMW DVD, and they sucked.

Well, they have Mauro Ranallo and Josh Barnett doing commentary for their AXS TV show, so they're 1 for 1 in that department. I would think Mauro would be down for live shows. They could drive a dump truck full of money to Norman, OK and let Jim Ross do shows from a studio though I doubt he'd be down for that. 

That is a very welcome addition to the site.  They also have an app for mobile devices.  No Chromecast/Roku support on it, but I can watch it anywhere I go.  If you know what you're looking for, it's pretty easy to use.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the so far only good use of my unbranded Windows tablet.  Because it acts like a Windows PC, playing the network on it works like a charm.  And it can cast to Chromecast via Chrome, but videos are laggy.  Still a pretty good setup.  Great video, and I finally have a good idea of how to navigate the site.

Watched AJ/Tanahashi from this years G1 Climax and Tanahashi/Okada from October last year (leading to the Bullet Club invasion)  Holy crap, the selling for that title match!  It was straight up beautiful seeing them care about their injured limbs and how it played into the match.  It was a joy to watch.

I'm loving this network now, I really am.  Time to find some best of lists and go to town on this.

If Okada vs Naito for the IWGP title from 2012 is on there, you should check it out, Great selling from what I recall. One of my favorite wrestling matches ever, and what changed me from a casual NJPW fan to a diehard.

Not sure whether to get World for the month of Jan, or to order WK with JR on commentary. Leaning towards World and just watching a pirated version of the American feed tbh. Money's tight.

I said F it and signed up for it. I rather not rely on dailymotion for now.

Right before leaving a NYE party last night, I found out my sister's friend is a wrestling fan and planned to watch WK9, so obviously we bro'd out and talked about Super J Cup 94, G1 and NXT for 5 minutes and he convinced me to sign up. 

Still trying to get used to navigating the site but I'll get the hang of it.