DVDVR Message Board

NJPW World Has Arrived

KidKash202

Partial Dominion thoughts -

Skimmed through the show this morning - really enjoying spending a bit more time with the matches I cared about. Haven't gotten through everything, but the main event was an all-time great. All of the finishing stuff at the end...damn, that was Flair-Steamboat slick there. IC Title match had the right result, and the heavyweight tag title match was about what it needed to be and the best match between the teams so far.

Screens -
9bb319419907065.jpg

King of Strong Style and Ninjitsu
35f2a4419907081.jpg

c82c86419907093.jpg

5758a3419907099.jpg

8a0415419907107.jpg

407b6d419907129.jpg

ab2eaa419907132.jpg

8f3ce7419907152.jpg

Queen of Fanservice

ce916f419905209.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/dz17v85tjp4ygm188y76zdu671xv6nmj

OMG. I finally manage to watch a big New Japan show without stupidly stumbling into spoilers beforehand, and god god god damn this was a perfect show. Amazing card top to bottom, dream audience and a ridonculous main event that had me bouncing around the room. <3 <3 <3

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up for NJPW World for G1. 

I'm sure these questions have been answered but basically I pay for the rest of July (8 bucks and change American) and then at the first of August I pay another 8 bucks and change for that month, correct?

I figured that to search for wrestler I have to use the Japanese translation of their name. Is it the same to search for full shows?

Thanks!

Okay, I'm a Luddite - How do I search for American wrestlers, like...Scott Norton or something...

Okay, I'm a Luddite - How do I search for American wrestlers, like...Scott Norton or something...

Use CHrome.

Translate to ENglish (Right click in an open space)

Then go to the Fighters tab

• 1 month later...

Today's show looked rather poopy on paper but turned out to be spectacular. White/Finley was a really fun young lions match, the Shibata vs. Naito six man was great, as it furthered their feud and really ignited the Ibushi vs. Makabe feud that carried over from the G1. Lots of fun. Juice looked solid and hopefully he can win the fans over, as they're not reacting to him at all. He should be able to if he keeps working tours, as all of his stuff was crisp and at a fast pace. Okada and Yano made for a fun team in a decent li'l match. The main event was a blast but had a disappointing and anticlimactic finish. So good to have Kenny Omega back, and it was neat to see him work with the big boys from the Bullet Club. "Give me a bootski." They worked over Tenzan's mullet, too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kevin Kelly and Matt Stryker, thus guaranteing that I keep it on the Japanese feed.

Could it actually be worse? I'm having a hard time imagining a single more suck ass (non indy) announce team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently up, two special sections. The History of Okada vs Tanahashi, with pretty much all their matches from Okada's first title win until now.

And Nakamura's greatest hits.

• 2 months later...

Shinya Hashimoto 24/1.

Seriously though, there is a lot they could do to improve the service and enough time has passed that they have seen areas that could be better. Apparently it is still hard/impossible to change the form of payment, the lack of english subtitles is a bit mind-boggling, and they could add a lot more to the archives. I am currently not a member but I'd probably have to sign back up if they suddenly dropped a lot more classic footage. But I don't see their numbers so maybe there is a reason they aren't putting too much effort into it.

• Like 1