DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Rivalry Week

Dolfan in NYC

We will trade you Mike London for Al Golden.  I liked Al when he was an assistant at UVA.  I am hoping the UVA that took UCLA tot he brink shows up instead of the one that got beat by Duke.  Hoping UVA breaks the streak against Virginia Tech this week.

We will trade you Mike London for Al Golden.  I liked Al when he was an assistant at UVA.  I am hoping the UVA that took UCLA tot he brink shows up instead of the one that got beat by Duke.  Hoping UVA breaks the streak against Virginia Tech this week.

I live in Charlottesville so I hope VT knocks the piss out of UVa this week. I can't stand them. And yes, you can have Al Golden. That would ensure years and years of mediocrity and meaningless quotes for UVa and I'd be happy with that. As for UM, just give me some southern redneck who can recruit his ass off (Schnellenburger, Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis) or a drunken midwestern offensive genius who looks the other way on everything (Erickson) for a coach and I'll be happy.

I live in Charlottesville so I hope VT knocks the piss out of UVa this week. I can't stand them. And yes, you can have Al Golden. That would ensure years and years of mediocrity and meaningless quotes for UVa and I'd be happy with that. As for UM, just give me some southern redneck who can recruit his ass off (Schnellenburger, Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis) or a drunken midwestern offensive genius who looks the other way on everything (Erickson) for a coach and I'll be happy.

As a Canes fan in C'ville I feel sorry for you.  Wahoo Wa Go Hoos Go!

They had the good fortune of jumping into the SEC East when it was worse than it has EVER been, with Florida and Tennessee down, and Georgia good but horribly snakebitten by crucial injuries. They've also drawn really favorable matchups out of the West. For two years now, they've missed Alabama, LSU, and Auburn in the regular season, and this year they lucked out and skipped the two Mississippi schools during their great seasons.

Right place, right time.

Not so sure about that. If Miss State loses today and therefore Bama can still go to the SEC championship game and win there...then, no, it doesn't really matter. Even 2-loss SEC champ Bama would probably sneak in at #4.

But if Miss State and Bama goes home for the holidays after this, then I doubt they make it in. They might not immediately drop out of the top 4, but by the time the conference championships are wrapped up after next week, I think the committee will make a correction and put in one of the Big 12 teams or Ohio State, if one of them wins out.

But there's still so much up in the air. Who's to say Arizona doesn't punch Oregon's card again?

So how did Michigan end up with a #98 playing QB?

Michigan has unretired all of their retired jersey numbers. They assign them to the top guy at any given position and then that guy wears a patch honoring the guy whose number he's wearing. This is different than the #1 jersey, which has been given to the top WR for over a decade in honor of Anthony Carter.