DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

RIPPA

I don't have a problem with him getting laid, but that he knows someone is in trouble and could be hurt at the moment, and instead he says, "nah I'm going to stay and have sex with this chick I barely even know and I just met yesterday." It made him incredibly unlikable in that moment.

Matt's womanizing has always been my favorite character flaw of his, actually. I've always said that radar sense isn't Daredevil's super power, laying down pipe is.

And he always fucks them into insanity or death.

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with him getting laid, but that he knows someone is in trouble and could be hurt at the moment, and instead he says, "nah I'm going to stay and have sex with this chick I barely even know and I just met yesterday." It made him incredibly unlikable in that moment.

Matt's womanizing has always been my favorite character flaw of his, actually. I've always said that radar sense isn't Daredevil's super power, laying down pipe is.

Again...not what I'm saying the problem was...

Again...not what I'm saying the problem was...

I know.

I think that moment wasn't just about "I can't wait to smash this chick", but also about accepting that he can't help everyone, can't solve everything. And trying to not feel guilty about it for once. Which never really worked because Murdock is just a ball of guilt, and it especially went out the window when Elektra got killed.

Apparently Drea De Matteo is joining the cast of Agents of Shield:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/329849-drea-de-matteo-joins-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-in-villain-role

Gonna take a wild stab in the dark here and say that she'll play a chain smoking, tough girl new yorker. You know, try something different...

Agent Carter was a good mid-season replacement, but I don't know if I want to see it return for a second season. I mean, did it really do anything to further the MCU? Sure, the scene at the very end could be setting up some cool shit, I guess, but the entire show, now that it's over, just seemed like a big distraction until Agents of SHIELD came back on the air. No real purpose, just expanding on a pretty popular one-shot from years ago to fill the void that's left every time A.O.S. goes on hiatus.

Maybe it'll gain some more steam if/when it comes back for Season 2, like A.O.S. did, but I don't know. Just feels like a dull show that doesn't really lend itself too well to the current MCU.

That was a good finale. I've enjoyed Agent Carter a good deal on the whole. I don't think it necessarily has to further the MCU. It worked quite well on its own. Part of Shield's problem was that they were a bit too beholden to the MCU despite needing a cast and show that could survive on its own since they can't really afford to bring in big names save on rare occasion. Despite knowing this, they didn't really figure out how to do this until the second season. Agent Carter realized this during the first and as a result of that and a shorter season its an arguably stronger show than A.O.S..

If not for the ending scene it'd make sense to just wrap up the show.  Not sure if they got picked up for a second season, but if so then that's a good hook to bring into season 2.

And Agents of SHIELD is back next Tuesday.  It's interesting how the focus on the ads is mainly about Skye.  I am absolutely fine with that and can't wait for the premiere.

Preview and poster for AoS return on Tuesday night

“After discovering an alien city with ties to his resurrection, Coulson and his team destroyed it before the forces of Hydra could claim its secrets, eliminating the villainous Whitehall in the process. But new threats to the world have arisen, including Skye’s father, Cal, who now seeks retribution against Coulson for stealing his revenge against Whitehall; a disturbing alliance between former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Ward and Agent 33; the enigmatic Raina, who struggles with her transformation into something inhuman by the alien Obelisk and seeks vengeance; and Skye, who developed mysterious new powers from the Obelisk but whose lack of experience with her new abilities may threaten the safety of those she loves. Meanwhile, Bobbi and Mack begin the next phase of a plan which seems to have grave repercussions for Coulson and his team, who are unaware that there’s another mysterious force moving against them. And as Hunter is forced to make the biggest choice of his life, Coulson will find his mission threatened by this shocking endgame.”

agents-of-shield.jpg

• Like 1

That's pretty neat.  I know it's Gabriel Del'Otto, but it looks like a mix of Alex Ross and Drew Struzan.

New Daredevil behind the scenes pics.  The second costume better be awesome because all they will show is us pictures of the Trial of the Hulk costume.

ddempire1.jpg

ddempire2.jpg

ddempire3.jpg

ddempire5.jpg

ddempire6.jpg