• Doctor Strange
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 2
  • Thor: Ragnarok
  • Black Panther
  • Avengers: Infinity War Part 1
  • Captain Marvel
  • Inhumans
  • Avengers: Infinity War Part 2

Now someone - in small words - please explain to me (an idiot) the difference between Civil War and Infinity War. Basically I am aware of the Civil War series... is Infinity War something different or a part of it... or something the movies appear to be making up?

Infinity War, the comics, was a follow-up to the legendary cross-over event Infinity Gauntlet, where the Mad Titan, Thanos got all of the infinity gems (rocks that control reality, basically) and more or less became God and killed half the living beings in the universe, and then fought ALL of the superheroes. 

I am assuming they are doing something closer to Infinity Gauntlet than Infinity War, but they just like that title better.

I bought 6 copies of Bade Biker#1 when it came out, for much the same reason (it was from Mirage Studios and TMNT was megapopular at the time, with the TMNT comics getting huge prices in the back-issue market).

My local lcs, which could sell over 1,000 copies of the newest X-Men issue (seriously) sold 7 copies.  Not seven copies of issue #1.  Seven copies of the entire series.  I bought six copies of the first issue and someone bought a copy of one of the later issues.

I was dumb.

• Like 1

Okay - I know that Chadwick Boseman is playing Black Panther (and basically having the greatest movie career ever)

Did they cast Captain Marvel yet? I am poking around and don't see an answer but I am trying to not dig too deep because I am fearful of unintentional spoilers

And with the announcement of these movies - what major obvious characters have to be cast? (Inhumans is totally new to me so I am assuming there are a lot there)

I bought Deadpool #1 when I was a kid thinking it'd be worth something... I'm guesskng it's not but it's still in perfect condition!

It might not seem this way but I am very pleased with all of the announcements except maybe Civil War. I can't see getting hyped for a Cap and Iron Man pissing contest again but we'll see where they go with.

The Infinity War should be the best thing ever. So happy it's split into two parts. #teamtitan

Okay - I know that Chadwick Boseman is playing Black Panther (and basically having the greatest movie career ever)

Did they cast Captain Marvel yet? I am poking around and don't see an answer but I am trying to not dig too deep because I am fearful of unintentional spoilers

In the locked thread, dudes were arguing over various hot blonde nerd icons for her.

It's a shame that Sarah Rafferty is probably too old to play Medusa. Also, someone should really try to trick unwitting news services into believing that they really are adapting Infinity War with all the doppelgangers.

Simon_Williams_(Doppelganger)_(Earth-616gambitdoppelganger1.jpg

I bet someone could.

I'm curious where they go after Phase 3. Have they said that its the end of the series? Assuming these films are still bringing in 600 million+ worldwide in 5 years time that seems like an awful lot of money to leave on the table to not run the franchise into the ground. But 21 films and 7 TV series is a hell of a run. Would people be OK with re-casting the characters if it comes down to it or has anyone else been Iron Man, Captain America etc in the comics that they could pass the role onto?

Or do they try and come to some agreement with Fox and Sony, get even more ambitious, and reboot the whole thing. 

I'm curious where they go after Phase 3. Have they said that its the end of the series? Assuming these films are still bringing in 600 million+ worldwide in 5 years time that seems like an awful lot of money to leave on the table to not run the franchise into the ground. But 21 films and 7 TV series is a hell of a run. Would people be OK with re-casting the characters if it comes down to it or has anyone else been Iron Man, Captain America etc in the comics that they could pass the role onto?

Or do they try and come to some agreement with Fox and Sony, get even more ambitious, and reboot the whole thing.

I've said this a couple times but, hey, new threads!

I definitely think the conclusion of the Infinity War is a "Big Bang" or Crisis type deal where they basically use the Gauntlet to reboot the MU. Then they start over again with a new Iron Man, new Thor, etc. Kind of how Abrams rebooted Star Trek while still making it part of the original continuity. They can even have some characters from the "old MU" in the new one - like Spock Prime - and sort of explain it as a divergent reality.

Or, yeah, they could just have the old actors pass on their roles - Sif could become Lady Thor, Falcon could become Cap - and try to keep it going. But I'm not sure that would really work because you can still get so much more mileage out of the traditional versions.

I had no idea where to put this, but I'm so fucking delighted to see this gem (bless you, @midnight for bringing this to my attention):

mcmahon-marvel-1414587450.gif

Seriously, if I got the okay I'd gladly put this in all the Marvel threads AND the wrestling gif thread.  But I'll be nice and start here.

• Like 1