DVDVR Message Board

Hell In The Cell

I didn't like anything on this show, and I was really looking forward to it. Retire Vince

That Cena/Orton match was like a parody of a Cena/Orton style WWE main event match.  I think they just need to stop with hitc matches in the pg era.

I just want to know who is the guy that went up to Vince and said "You know what this business really needs.  Holograms"   :blink:

I know I sound like the old fart but would it really kill to have a finish.   Heels have lost big matches for decades and then the next week they were stronger than ever

What's so frustrating is the higher ups thought that was a great idea and are probably baffled right now about how it was received. That tells you everything you need to know about 2014 WWE.

On the plus side, Nikki's rack looked fantastic tonight.

Am I the only one fine with the schmozz and non-finish?  Ambrose/Rollins can be finished later, and Ambrose/Wyatt is a great way to figure out if Ambrose is the next main event superstar. 

If you want a definitive finish to Ambrose/Rollins, it can be done at Mania, preferably over the title.   Right now I think Ambrose is likeliest to win the Rumble.

If you think Ambrose is winning the Rumble without a Daniel Bryan-like crowd takeover, I've got swampland in Jersey to sell you.

That shit is ALL Cena.

The first HITC match ever ended with the demonic brother of a wrestling zombie debuting. And that character is still around today.

Bray Wyatt showing up via some parlor trick to take out a man who has talked about wanting to go to hell isn't anything that different. Bray and Dean will have awesome promos. They also had a Smackdown match this year that was off-the-charts great.

Wrestling's a soap opera. Goes from one story to the next.

God... I legitimately am starting to wonder if "overly positive guy" is just your gimmick.

• Like 4

Am I the only one fine with the schmozz and non-finish?

It wasn't a non-finisher. I didn't have a problem with it either outside of taking forever for the lights to come back on. I did have a problem with the match layout. Like if they did the stretcher job after the 15 min in the ring, then Wyatt showed up, it would've been just fine and dandy tbh

Could have had Dean beat Seth clean and do the exact same finish. Ambrose wins, lights go out as he's celebrating, Bray lays him out post-match. If Dean wins, you get three guys over: Seth retains his briefcase while moving on to a different feud, Bray's back on top having just laid out a fresh and newly minted rival, and Ambrose is fully established as a singles main eventer while still looking for revenge upon Wyatt. You don't get over by beating losers, and at show's end, all three guys looked like losers.

I get that HHH seems to view Rollins as his successor and closest modern parallel, but this just felt like cosplaying some alternate universe in which Hunter beat Austin in the finals of the '96 King of the Ring, or a comparable pivotal moment where he thinks if only he'd kicked out of a Stunner he'd somehow have ended up getting Austin's push and success.

To say nothing of that lights out "bah gawd that must be Kane!” style of bullshitting a cage match finish being over fifteen years old and incredibly stale. Or how lame it is for a ref to count a pin after a fucking ghost pops out of a lantern.

Only saw the last match: mixed bag until the finish. Cool table dive, but Kane lumbering to the ring to do something dumb has become wrestling's weekly low point. There is no pro wrestler I dislike more than that dude. It isn't even his fault. Perfectly solid at midcard comedy, especially for a libertarian.

• Like 2

I think we all know the true highlight of the finish.  I have a feeling this will replace the Krusty the Klown's "What the hell was that"

ktZwCN8.gif

Fucking hell, this is making want to promise sexual favors to anyone who likes this post tbh

• Like 2

I like that we're getting a Bray/Ambrose feud it's what I said I expected early in this thread. However, that entire show including the main event just wasn't put together as well as it should've been. I liked the lumberjack match more. A hitc blowoff match to a bitter rivalry needs fucking blood not overbooked interference, fire extinguishers, and holograms.

Yeah, but douchebag Seth gets to brag now about beating Rollins even though he was about to get his head stomped in on cinder blocks. And he and Orton are now in their power struggle as Rollins waits to pick off the remains of Lesnar and Cena. Chickenshit heel Rollins is really frigging great and awesome. But being a chickenshit only works if he steals wins. You can't really steal a win in a HITC match, so Bray coming back to launch that feud gives Rollins slimebag bragging rights and puts Bray and Ambrose together.

Pretty easy to see why they did that.

• Like 4

What was with the spooky Princess Leia hologram thing before Wyatt?

I liked Cesaro vs. Dolphin and AJ. vs. Paige quite a bit though.

I liked parts of AJ/Paige but this feud has not been able to engage me. Alicia and Paige's interactions have been the best part of this, while I continue to find myself unable to root for AJ's character. When I find myself wishing Emma, Layla, Paige, and Alicia would join up and beat the face champion's ass, you know there's a problem.

• Like 1

I like that we're getting a Bray/Ambrose feud it's what I said I expected early in this thread. However, that entire show including the main event just wasn't put together as well as it should've been. I liked the lumberjack match more. A hitc blowoff match to a bitter rivalry needs fucking blood not overbooked interference, fire extinguishers, and holograms.

Except they don't bleed in the WWE anymore. So you need other bells-and-whistles, like kendo sticks on cages and multiple car crash spots.

I mean, who didn't want to see Ambrose not fully get his revenge because the fat hillbilly that spent half a year getting his ass kicked by Cena and getting shrugged off by Jericho and his minions that spend the last time on TV getting their ass kicked by the Uso's interfere with a shitty hologram.

Fuck, this company and its writers can't get out of their own way.

• Like 2

They could have had Dean beat Seth clean and then do the exact same finish. Ambrose wins, lights go out as he's celebrating in the ring, Bray lays him out post-match. If Dean wins, you get three very over guys: Seth retaining his briefcase while moving on to a different feud, Bray back on top having just laid out a fresh and newly minted rival, and Ambrose triumphant and fully established as a singles main eventer while still looking for revenge upon Wyatt. You don't get over laying out losers, and at show's end, all three of those guys looked like losers.

I get that HHH seems to view Rollins as his successor and closest modern parallel, but this just felt like cosplaying some alternate universe in which Hunter beat Austin in the finals of the '96 King of the Ring, or a comparable pivotal moment where he thinks if only he'd kicked out of a Stunner he'd somehow have ended up getting Austin's push and success.

To say nothing of that lights out "bah gawd that must be Kane!” style of bullshitting a cage match finish being over fifteen years old and incredibly stale. Or how lame it is for a ref to count a pin after a fucking ghost pops out of a lantern.

Only saw the last match: mixed bag until the finish. Cool table dive, but Kane lumbering to the ring to do something dumb has become wrestling's weekly low point. There is no pro wrestler I dislike more than that dude. It isn't even his fault, as he's perfectly solid at midcard comedy, especially for a libertarian.

Wait so your mad that the ref counted the pin after everything else that happened? Shouldn't you be more upset that the ref let the match start at all?

I missed some of the opener due to some stream issues, but liked what I saw. Brie-Nikki was technically fine, but I don't care a lick about this feud now. Nikki's ass and rack though - on-point. Dust Bros-Usos was good, but nothing too memorable beyond Goldust having the most animated cover ever. Cena-Orton cell was boring at times, but a fine video game match with lots of spots you've seen done before, but being done well. Sheamus-Miz was okay, while Rusev-Show was very good. AJ-paige wasn't much, and they had some really and truly special with the cell match. It felt like a classic in the making...then the lights went off and we got something that also killed a Taker-Edge Cell match at the '08 Summerslam - goofy special effects bullshit. At least we know what Dean will be doing now - occupying an upper mid-card feud. Ugh.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/10/wwe-hell-in-cell-2014.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/a3knkzsnfvbs6o87yqkjsrobnp82vjr5

3b8b12360388004.jpg

12f2af360393645.jpg

02def9360398606.jpg

4589c0360403469.jpg 

Don't fuck with the Titty Master, son!
fa5a7d360410444.jpg

5e8a71360414027.jpg

Okay, they fucked with the Titty Master.

cd602a360429320.jpg

I liked the finish to the main it was creepy and I can't wait for the Ambrose/Wyatt feud. If Ambrose is the new Stone Cold then Bray should be his new Taker. My biggest complaint about this show was the RKO counter to the AA not being the finish. Aside from that I varied from liking to loving everything else.

I'm just DYING for a fucking babyface not named Cena to actually win a feud and stand tall for once.  It was like pulling fucking teeth for them to do it with D-Bry.  They got a guy in Ambrose that the crowd is mental for and ready to hitch onto, so of course he's stuck in a never ending cycle of non-finishes.  If you think the feud with Bray will be any different, you are a madman.

• Like 1

I am still crying over that R-Truth gif. Good fucking gawd, I love it. :D

And I did write something else where for the Bellas match. I am gonna spoiler'd it cuz most won't will admit they had one of the better matches of the night because it was indeed one of the better matches of the night:

It's been a while since I've did a match recap that actually talked about the match..

BUT!!

They start with a lock up, Nikki takes control as she pushes Brie to a corner. You know that spot where a guy start hitting the other guy's face against the turnbuckle? Something like that 'cept it was the back of Brie's head. It was terrifying, actually. This set tone for the match: Someone probably wished they got a hair cut before the match. Brie maybe because Nikki was yanking at ever chance she got.

Brie managers to kick Nikki away and tries for a couple of quick roll ups before dropkicking Nikki's pretty face. :( Brie charges at Nikki and Nikki side steps her. There's a pause in the match because like those god damn indy respect bullshit spots I hate, but this wasn't about respect at all. Nikki was all like "Not today, satan. Not today." while Brie was like "This bitch.." Oh, such a good spot.

Nikki charges at Brie but Brie elbows her and hops on Nikki's shoulders for whatever reason. As Brie pounds on Nikki's head, Nikki drops her like 5th period French. Nikki on the assault: She pounds her by her hair to the match; Nikki tries to choke her; brings back that "stand on hair, pull arms up" spot; and does a rough spot of holding Brie up by her hair.

The first finisher kick out of the match as Brie hits a Bella Buster out of no where. Brie starts her #BrieMode comeback, but tries to include another running knee to the mush (as if the first one didn't suck enough for Nikki) but Nikki slides out of the ring. Nikki tries to make some space, to a bunch of boos. Brie answers with a suicide dive. Another scary thought as Nikki holds her busted shin. You could tell Brie was making sure Nikki was okay before tossing her back in the ring. How sweet. <3

BRIE WITH A MISSILE DROPKICK FROM THE TOP TURNBUCKLE FOR ONCE!! TWO COUNT!!

Brie gets whipped into the corner and goes for a headscissors but Nikki counters it by dropping Brie on her knee. Man, that had to fucking suck. Nikki with the Rack Attack (her new finisher is the torture rack drop). 1..2.. KICK OUT!!

Nikki is in SHOCK as she charges at Brie and BRIE WITH THE YES LOCK! Okay, so it wasn't as "technical" as DB's version, but it's still much pretty to look at. ;) Nikki's legs makes it to the ropes! Brie charges at Nikki!

NIKKI KNOCKS HER THE EVER LIVING FUCK OUT! ANOTHER RACK ATTACK! AND 3 COUNT!!