DVDVR Message Board

Hell In The Cell

I only watch the PPVs, and sometimes I skip those as well, so I haven't really watched WWE in a bit.  Yesterday I watched the two cell matches from this PPV and can someone please tell me when they started ZOOMING IN UPON THE IMPACT OF EVERY FUCKING OFFENSIVE MOVE?  And when they're not zooming, they are still moving the cameras around so they're really "floaty."  Does the director of the show have ADD?  What the hell is going on?  This shit is making me develop late onset Epilepsy.

• Like 1

I think people might sleep on Rusev's because he's got the stoic expression on his face.

I always took it as he was such a beast that it was an easy thing to get the win and he didn't have to exert himself, but I guess people could take it as him not applying it snug enough.

He might actually hurt somebody if he did lean back on it too much, though.

I think people might sleep on Rusev's because he's got the stoic expression on his face.

I always took it as he was such a beast that it was an easy thing to get the win and he didn't have to exert himself, but I guess people could take it as him not applying it snug enough.

He might actually hurt somebody if he did lean back on it too much, though.

Rusev is the hitman monkey.

Photographic evidence:

hitman-monkey-finds-no-joy-in-his-job.jp

Alexander-Rusev-and-Xavier-Woods.jpg

dec779bacba651e5e9beb8f6e4180425_crop_no

RAW_1089_Photo_162.jpg

• Like 1

The image of emotionless Rusev holding the Accolade with his opponent writhing in agony is my favourite part of the move. Makes him look absolutely killer, torturing someone with no exertion or feeling.

I disagree. The rule is if you're putting someone in a submission hold, you make the face as if you're the one being put in the hold.

The idea is that you're giving it your all to make them tap.

The image of emotionless Rusev holding the Accolade with his opponent writhing in agony is my favourite part of the move. Makes him look absolutely killer, torturing someone with no exertion or feeling.

I disagree. The rule is if you're putting someone in a submission hold, you make the face as if you're the one being put in the hold.

The idea is that you're giving it your all to make them tap.

But for the most part he's putting it on lesser competition, he knows once he's locked it in they're done. My guess is eventually Cena powers out of it, then when he reapplies it to Cena he puts more effort into it knowing that it takes all his strength to get Cena to submit

I missed parts of the show, but a few things that stood out to me:

1. I didn't see the match, but having a "Best of Three Falls" contest go less than 10 minutes shouldn't happen on a PPV, IMO.  That seems like something you'd do on free TV. Although the argument can be made that with the Network, a PPV is just another episode of free-ish weekly television.

2. Another gripe about timing: Cena/Orton are in the middle of the show and go nearly a half-hour in the cell, using weapons in their finish...when Rollins/Ambrose had been teasing for weeks that their Cell Match was going to include weapons. And then the young guys get the Main Event spot and get half the time that Cena/Orton did. If this was reversed, and Rollins/Ambrose are in the middle of the show and go a half-hour with carnage while the vets had been promoting that they would? Shit would hit the fan.

3. I would've lost my mind if they'd have pulled a 21st Century "Khrusher Khruschev" angle with Mark Henry. It was right there for the taking.

4. Back to the main event: is it possible in this day and age to tease stretchers when "only" falling off the side of the cage thru an announce table? The highlight packages show all the bigger and nastier falls in Cell history, so does it make you look tough that you got off a stretcher when taking a (presumably, from a fan standpoint) "smaller" bump? I dug the spot, I'm just not sure if it works at this point in time.

I missed parts of the show, but a few things that stood out to me:

2. Another gripe about timing: Cena/Orton are in the middle of the show and go nearly a half-hour in the cell, using weapons in their finish...when Rollins/Ambrose had been teasing for weeks that their Cell Match was going to include weapons. And then the young guys get the Main Event spot and get half the time that Cena/Orton did. If this was reversed, and Rollins/Ambrose are in the middle of the show and go a half-hour with carnage while the vets had been promoting that they would? Shit would hit the fan.

That's one thing that bugs me too. I know he's like Satan around these parts but this reminds me of a point that Scott Keith made during his rant on the original Lesnar/Cena match in 2003. They basically sent Cena and Brock out there to work a straight 15 minute match which, at the time, neither were capable of doing without a veteran helping out. And on the flip side, they pull out all kinds of bells and whistles for Hogan/Vince who don't need that stuff to generate heat.

I actually dug up the excerpt:

"Why is it that a match like Hogan v. Vince, with two guys who don’t need the heat or the help, are given multiple ref bumps, table breaking, ladders and Roddy Piper in every effort to make it into a *** match by hook or by crook and entertain the fans, but two guys like Brock & Cena, who NEED to get over by any means in order to ensure the survival of the company, are left out here to die with a dull main event style match worked by two guys who aren’t ready to carry a main event on their own?"

• 2 weeks later...