DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK SEVEN

RIPPA

I don't know anything about the Rams these days other than me being creepy about Jeff Fisher, but I did watch most of that game last night after the Rams started to not look good. I don't know who that QB was, but I felt he threw some pretty good passes. A lot of theme, the receivers just didn't want to catch something. Made me wonder what he would be able to do with a WR that wants to win...

But what an ugly defense the Rams have. They didn't want to win either.

Austin Davis has been shockingly good so far. Like at this point I'm almost certain he is doing better than Sam Bradford would be doing at this point the season. For a team that was supposed to be built on defense and the running game, they are pretty terrible at both of those things. Without Austin Davis' ability to hit long passes (at least the ones that his receivers don't drop) they wouldn't have even been competitive in the games they have lost.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2234160-donovan-mcnabb-calls-jay-cutler-the-tony-romo-of-the-midwest?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Donovan McNabb called Jay Cutler the "Tony Romo of the Midwest". I'd call him the something of the something but I don't know anyone else who was tuckered out in the Super Bowl to compare him to. Scrub. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2234160-donovan-mcnabb-calls-jay-cutler-the-tony-romo-of-the-midwest?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Donovan McNabb called Jay Cutler the "Tony Romo of the Midwest". I'd call him the something of the something but I don't know anyone else who was tuckered out in the Super Bowl to compare him to. Scrub. 

Really Romo and Jay feel pretty interchangeable to me. It's either going to be amazing or it's going to be fucking ridiculous. There's not a lot of games in between. If they switched I'd probably be indifferent about it.

Really Romo and Jay feel pretty interchangeable to me. It's either going to be amazing or it's going to be fucking ridiculous. There's not a lot of games in between. If they switched I'd probably be indifferent about it.

Cutler at least gave rise to that Smokin' Jay Cutler meme. Romo pretty much just has games every once in a while where hicks remind each other his name rhymes with Homo, and front-runners from the '90s lament the fact that Jerry Jones didn't make the call on Manziel.

I have to imagine that without Demarco Murray being unfuckwithable this year, the Cowboys would look a whole lot different out there. Romo can be intelligent and make the right choices-- he's made Jason Witten look like a bona fide superstar on many occassions, for cryin' out loud. He just panics, man. And it's a shame because their defense isn't anything to sneeze at either.

Other than the run game (apologies to Forte) I think Cutler has better weapons. I'd take Brandon Marshall over Dez any day of the week. Bennett, though he falls off this time of year every year anyway, is at least more consistent than Witten. Alshon Jeffery is way better than Williams or that other dude.

Cutler at least gave rise to that Smokin' Jay Cutler meme. Romo pretty much just has games every once in a while where hicks remind each other his name rhymes with Homo, and front-runners from the '90s lament the fact that Jerry Jones didn't make the call on Manziel.

I have to imagine that without Demarco Murray being unfuckwithable this year, the Cowboys would look a whole lot different out there. Romo can be intelligent and make the right choices-- he's made Jason Witten look like a bona fide superstar on many occassions, for cryin' out loud. He just panics, man. And it's a shame because their defense isn't anything to sneeze at either.

Other than the run game (apologies to Forte) I think Cutler has better weapons. I'd take Brandon Marshall over Dez any day of the week. Bennett, though he falls off this time of year every year anyway, is at least more consistent than Witten. Alshon Jeffery is way better than Williams or that other dude.

What's the meaning of this? Unless you just mean Witten's older than dirt. Because he's produced at an elite level since his sophomore year in the league and that was with a fossilized Vinny Testaverde throwing to him. And also that season where Kitna was the QB for 11 games. As a matter of fact, he was far more productive in both those seasons than whatever Tardmellus's best year has been so far. The notion that Romo has made Witten all these years is bunk.

All I know about McNabb is that one of my favorite stats announcers used to constantly bring up about him during his playing career was him having the second lowest INT % in league history. Who was first? You guessed it, Neil O' Donnell. It's just so cruel and unfortunate people will only remember all those backbreaking picks these two gents threw in all those conference title games and Super Bowls despite how well they otherwise protected the ball.

Yeah, Eagles fans are a dense group of people.  Dumb actually.

They still whine about McNabb but if you look back to that draft he was the best QB drafted in a QB draft that was supposed to be one of the best of all-time.

A couple of years ago they were still clamoring for Ricky WIlliams.

For all of his faults the Eagles would never had such a good run under Reid with another QB.  McNabb led the team to the NFC Championship Game with Todd Pinkston, Freddie MItchell, and James Thrash.

What's the meaning of this? Unless you just mean Witten's older than dirt. Because he's produced at an elite level since his sophomore year in the league and that was with a fossilized Vinny Testaverde throwing to him. And also that season where Kitna was the QB for 11 games. As a matter of fact, he was far more productive in both those seasons than whatever Tardmellus's best year has been so far. The notion that Romo has made Witten all these years is bunk.

Yeah, just speaking to the fact that he's on the wrong side of 30 and missed a lot of time with that spleen issue a few years back. What I should have said was "made Witten look like a bona fide superstar at this point in his career." My bad.

McNabb sucks.  They would have done as well with a lot of QBs.  Those Eagles teams that were so successful during the McNabb era were very very balanced teams and had core groups on both lines.  People always like to bring up McNabbs lack of offensive weapons and never seem to mention that he played with Brian Westbrook the entirety of Westbrooks career and Duce Staley before him. 

And he's just turned into this weird bitter dude now that he's out of the league.  He talked bad about Philly when he went to Washington, then used every chance he could to blast Shanahan after he was gone.  Lately he's been talking shit about Nick Foles, saying he'd have the Cowboys ranked 13th in the league right now, and talking about how this might be Tom Brady's last year with the Patriots if he doesn't shape up.  The guy is just a complete idiot. 

And Zakk you have some weird opinions.  Nobody makes Witten look like anything because Witten is one of the top ten TE's in the history of the game.  You can't in one breath talk shit about Romo and then in the next say it's because of him that Witten has had success. 

• Like 2

The thing with Witten is that even at 32 he's still a mismatch on defense when they put a linebacker on him, he has great hands, and blocks great. He's not going to make anybody miss when he catches a ball and he's not got the speed to take it to the house but he will continue to catch the ball. He knows how to read a defense and gets open on the regular. With guys like Dez and Terrance Williams and even whatever back is in the backfield, I don't see it changing anytime soon barring injury.

• Like 1

McNabb sucks.  They would have done as well with a lot of QBs.  Those Eagles teams that were so successful during the McNabb era were very very balanced teams and had core groups on both lines.  People always like to bring up McNabbs lack of offensive weapons and never seem to mention that he played with Brian Westbrook the entirety of Westbrooks career and Duce Staley before him. 

And he's just turned into this weird bitter dude now that he's out of the league.  He talked bad about Philly when he went to Washington, then used every chance he could to blast Shanahan after he was gone.  Lately he's been talking shit about Nick Foles, saying he'd have the Cowboys ranked 13th in the league right now, and talking about how this might be Tom Brady's last year with the Patriots if he doesn't shape up.  The guy is just a complete idiot. 

And Zakk you have some weird opinions.  Nobody makes Witten look like anything because Witten is one of the top ten TE's in the history of the game.  You can't in one breath talk shit about Romo and then in the next say it's because of him that Witten has had success. 

I lived in Philadelphia for more than a few years.  It is a weird city for sports fans.  They are rabid over the backup QB like the guy is a HOF player.  They get worked up over the names of 3rd day picks to the point that they believe the guy will start week 1.  They hate their own players and lust after guys on other teams.

Their fans are messed up.  After you leave the city you turn around and scratch your head wondering what is in the water.

I don't blame him for complaining.  He did a great job despite having no WR's until TO and DJ in an offense where the coach loved to pass the ball and ignored the run game despite having Westbrook on the roster.

He had to put up with the annual Andy brain fart game when the Eagles played a team with a run defense ranked greater than 27 and decided it was the perfect time to throw 50 times and run 10 because those stats were wrong.  The run defense was weak because everyone had success passing the ball.  Keep firing.

...or the games where Andy would script the first fifteen plays, have two runs to Buckhalter who would gain something like 40 yards and then never be heard from again for the rest of the game.

....or the inability to get a play in on time during his fifteen scripted plays.

There is an irony in that Chip Kelly runs two plays in the time it takes Andy to run one.

The coach came from Green Bay where they develop stud WR's out of nowhere yet the Eagles could not develop one WR until they drafted Jackson.