DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK TWO

Dolfan in NYC

Two dudes grab each others facemasks. One removes the others helmet. Let's give only one penalty, and give it to the guy without his helmet. Stellar officiating job in Green Bay today.

Geno Smith and the Green Bay turf aren't getting along today. Hopefully now that the Jets are losing, they will stop with the shitty conservative playcalling.

Even with the Seattle loss, I still think they're the best team in the league. Seattle just learned what every Super Bowl champion learns: when you're the champs, every team looks at knocking you off as a personal mission and plays you like it's a playoff game.

Fucking Jets manage to cost themselves a game tying touchdown by calling their last timeout from the sidelines. I hate football. SO MUCH.

EDIT: Only the head coach is allowed to call timeout from the sidelines. The refs in Green Bay sure have sucked a massive bag of dick today.

Edited by Dewar

I love that the Tampa game had an hour lightning delay and is still going to finish before GB-NY.

On another note, if I was in charge of the NFL, instead of banning celebrations, the first rule I'd enact is an automatic penalty for any receiver who begs for a flag after an incomplete pass. These guys want a flag on literally every pass break up.

Big up to my dude Austin Davis for winning his first NFL start with the Rams. Suffered through a lot of shit with that organization, including getting cut, to get to this point. He may never win another one, but I'm glad he got this moment.

On another note, if I was in charge of the NFL, instead of banning celebrations, the first rule I'd enact is an automatic penalty for any receiver who begs for a flag after an incomplete pass. These guys want a flag on literally every pass break up.

Oh my God, this!  Nothing worse than every incomplete pass leading to a guy stomping up and down and signaling a flag every time.  It's so embarrassing!