DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

Mauro Ranallo is announcing with Josh Barnett on the New Japan Pro Wrestling show that's gonna be on AXSTV next year. That's what Cibernetico was referring to and I know only a handful of you look at the Japan board, so thought it's worth the mention. Something worth watching next year ten times more than TNA!

Also, I think there's no need to even ponder whether Del Rio will be a heel or not if they're going to reboot in their channel's image.

EDIT: So next year we will have WWE, TNA, ROH, CMLL, NJPW, Lucha Underground, and that one indie that airs on the outdoors channel all available in the US domestically depending on your cable/satellite provider and area. That's one hell of a year for wrestling overall. And there might be AAA if and local indies if you live closer to the border.

I had no idea TNA had a new TV deal until just now. Do we all have to bow down to the insane prognostication of E090 now?

(That was his name, right?)

No, he thought they would resign with Spike.

• Like 1

I always thought Taz was a pretty good promo, but they used him as a heel manager for what, three weeks? Actually, maybe longer, wasn't he a manager type for that biker gang whose name I can't think of?

Aces and Eights. And while it seemed like he was going to be their mouthpiece, it wound up being Devon until they revealed Bully Ray as the leader.

Wasn't he paired with Samoa Joe when he first came to TNA? For some reason I remember a Joe and Taz angle. Maybe one incarnation the MEM?

They had Taz with Joe (after a long build up teasing that something would happen, Joe taking backstage advice from someone unseen, then doing Taz spots in matches) as he stepped up to combat the MEM, but then Joe turned and joined the MEM like a fortnight later, and Taz turned with him.

They had Taz with Joe (after a long build up teasing that something would happen, Joe taking backstage advice from someone unseen, then doing Taz spots in matches) as he stepped up to combat the MEM, but then Joe turned and joined the MEM like a fortnight later, and Taz turned with him.

I liked Taz being with Joe. Joe being the sucessor to Taz's Path of Rage could have been so awesome. I still remember this one match Joe was having with Homicide and Homicide and Taz had words on the floor. If only Taz could still wrestle. I would have loved seeing Taz and Homicide in a wild brawl.

Taz in TNA has been so forgettable though. His commentary is so phoned in and that whole Aces and Eights thing reeked of "well we wanted someone else but we didn't feel like paying them and the dart hit your name on the board".

Taz and Samoa Joe once kidnapped Eric Young.  Why?  Bro, don't worry about it.  It doesn't matter, bro.

Each of TNA's 3 European shows are now TV tapings.  So with the 3 New York taping dates, that's at least 6 with an upwards of 12 weeks of TV in the can before February.

If you added up all of TNA's dates (TV tapings, PPVs, house shows) in 2014 and got more than 60, I'd be really surprised.

One of those "click me" wrestling news sites on Google says Kurt Angle is gonna choose beweeen WWE and TNA soon. Does he have a choice? I thought WWE wouldn't hire the guy back on a bet. Would he be a good commisioner-type if you not let his ass near a ring?

Each of TNA's 3 European shows are now TV tapings.  So with the 3 New York taping dates, that's at least 6 with an upwards of 12 weeks of TV in the can before February.

If you added up all of TNA's dates (TV tapings, PPVs, house shows) in 2014 and got more than 60, I'd be really surprised.

So half of the new shows on Destination America are from......outside the U.S.

That's so TNA.

So half of the new shows on Destination America are from......outside the U.S.

That's so TNA.

No, it actually makes sense.  They are outside of the US, but their destination is America.  So logical.

• Like 2

The fans on the last UK tour were in a bad mood because tickets were on sale for a year, and for most of that year Hogan and Sting and them (Styles, Kaz and Daniels) were still in the company. And then by the time the tour happened, they were all gone.