DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

Borash and Tenay (on Explosion last year) or Borash and Taz (on Explosion for about two weeks last year) are both better than Tenay and Taz. But Borash and Spud (on Explosion last month) are better than either.

In other news, I'm the only one on the board who watches Explosion. And even then, I haven't watched it since like July.

*raises hand*  Admittedly, I usually only watch the exclusive match...

They took out the Spin Cycle (and The List... despite Challenge TV specifically saying to them, change anything you want about the show, but DO NOT CHANGE THE LIST) and turned it into an Impact recap show. Despite the fact that the Impact recaps were already showing on Impact the next week.

XPlosion has some random gems; they had Roode-Magnus a few weeks ago and this week's episode has a 12-minute Hardys vs. MVP/King match that includes a Willow cameo.  It was clearly recorded a few months ago as Spud is still a heel on commentary.

I don't know why these companies have a hard on for Taz being in the booth. I can understand WWE wanting to give him a shot, but he should have been on commentary for no more than 3 years and then promptly removed. TNA replaced DON WEST with Taz. Its like replacing a Phantom with a Geo Metro. How does this guy continue to be terrible at his job for over a decade and still remain employed despite all of the cuts happening around him? How? I really don't get it. There is NO CASE that can be made for Taz staying on.

• Like 1

What was "the List?"

Back when Robbie E was with Rob Terry, and he was endlessly telling people they couldn't do things because they weren't on the list... they spun it into an actual segment where he said who was on the list that week. And the head of Challenge TV thought it was really funny (it was), and told Borash to never stop doing it. And then they stopped doing it, months before the Robbies split.

People have been asking what should TNA be renamed.

Inspired by the Omnibus thread.

Cause it's the dumbest fuckin move since the bearhug.

How is a bearhug dumb? You're literally crushing the life out of someone. Hulk Hogan's greatest weakness.

Bearhug Championship Wrestling (BCW)?

• Like 2

I always thought Taz was a pretty good promo, but they used him as a heel manager for what, three weeks? Actually, maybe longer, wasn't he a manager type for that biker gang whose name I can't think of?

Any TNA without an annoucing team of the Hog and Don West and Cody Deaner in the mix isn't worth watching.

I always thought Taz was a pretty good promo, but they used him as a heel manager for what, three weeks? Actually, maybe longer, wasn't he a manager type for that biker gang whose name I can't think of?

Aces and Eights. And while it seemed like he was going to be their mouthpiece, it wound up being Devon until they revealed Bully Ray as the leader.

If TNA is just going to tape only at the Manhattan Center, I wouldn't be opposed to them being like, New York Championship Wrestling (NYCW). Sure, it sounds regional, but it's a pretty high profile region we're talking here. It's not like they'd be Waukesha Championship Wrestling (hey, WCW again). I also don't understand what's wrong with Impact Wrestling, Impact Pro Wrestling, Impact Championship Wrestling, Impact Wrestling Federation, or any variation thereof. Call it literally anything other than TNA. It's such a shit name and probably has more to do with their lack of success than most people realize. If I'm a suburban ass soccer mom, and WWE is consistently putting out a PG product that my kid enjoys, and said kid then asks if we can watch something called TNA on Spike? I'm like, "No way little dude, that show's for grown men who like grown men things"

Yeah - they did a Best of their Thanksgiving shows

Which was basically "Here are all the turkey suit matches"

The rest of the time was Borash trying to get people to shop TNA and their "black Friday" deal