DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-1-14

MGFanJay

I think Sam will be signed to someone's practice roster by the time next Monday rolls around, so he won't be in Baltimore for Raw, unless he signs with the Ravens or Washington, I guess.

Apparently the Cowboys are signing him.

I don't see any way in the world that Michael Sam's agent would say "Yeah, going on Raw would be a good career move for you!"  I assume we'll never hear another word about this, save for maybe Sam sending out a tweet thanking WWE for the invite but politely declining.  This is just class Vince being Vince.

It appears that WWE has already changed gears, and is trying to move on from the Michael Sam angle as quickly as possible. Earlier today the article was the first thing on WWE.com, and as of now it’s nowhere on the front page, or the dedicated page for Monday Night Raw. You can still search for related articles, but the page that hosted Stephanie’s letter now redirects to the homepage.

Instead of Sam, WWE has announced Jerry Springer for Raw next week, in a “family management” segment with the Bella Twins.

WWE has announced the return of Jerry Springer to Monday Night Raw next week. The official announcement was made on WWE.com this afternoon:

The Bella Twins are about to get some family management advice from a third-party.

Jerry Springer has been confirmed to moderate a discussion between the estranged “Total Divas” stars on the season premiere of Monday Night Raw in Baltimore on Sept. 8. The Bellas, as the WWE Universe knows, have been at vicious odds since Nikki turned on her twin sister Brie at SummerSlam. Recent weeks have seen Nikki demean her sister at every turn and go so far as to slander her reputation in “Growing Up Bella” vignettes that exposed Brie’s alleged childhood secrets.

I bet Vince has never seen Maury and if he has he was like "LOOK DAMN IT, SHES NOT PREGNANT SO WHO CARES". Vince being in a bubble 20 years behind the times explains Springer perfectly. Steve Harvey would have been way more interesting since he does segments on solving problems.

Depending on who's side Harvey would have taken would have made it great. "Brie, why you have to treat your sister like that. SHE'S YOUR DAMN SISTER. Be A lady Brie".

So I watched RAW tonight after I got home from class and a combo of it being really hot and muggy in my living room and this show being very skipable was not a good combination. Only thing I took away from this show is Rusev vs. Mark Henry will be some fun clubbering to behold. Harper and Rowan should have been the tag team champions so they could be feuding with Star & Goldust.

Also I am buying a Bolieve button. That segment was tremendous.

• Like 1

I bet Vince has never seen Maury.  

I would actually bet that Vince has played golf with Maury.  He films in Stamford and they are the same breed of media capitalist.  Maury hangs out with W, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was donating to Linda at some point.

But I do agree that Maury probably doesn't need the paycheck or the publicity.  Springer is probably more of a fit, part of a parallel Attitude Era of daytime talk.  

I'm pretty sure Russo now secretly works for WWE. Really though, Jerry Springer in 2014? I guess all that "Look how mainstream and relevant we are!" promotion went out the window once the TV deal negations finished.

Maybe they're setting up a gimmick talk-show host battle royal for WM?

Jenny Jones

Maury

Donahue

Springer

Ricki Lake

Leeza

Geraldo

just imagine with all of them in the ring, the pop when the next theme turns out to be:

SALLY JESSE RAPHAEL MY GAWD>>>>MAYGAEWDDDD

Wait...IS THAT????

IS THAT????

RICHARD BEY!!!! THATS RICHARD BEY FUCK ME< JERRY THEY DID IT!!!

This can't get any bigger...

MONTEL

MONTEL

MONTEL!!!!!

• Like 4

I remember when Richard Bey went from serious but light and "nice" to the trashiest fake thing ever. I knew two girls who were on the show a few times playing different "characters". They'd answer the ad and lie about having the "qualifications" asked for, just for the free limo ride and paid for hotel and food.eyes

I credit/blame this thread for reminding me that Richard Bey ever existed.  I really thought I remembered all of the old shows from the "there's 95 talk shows on a day" era, but somehow that completely slipped my mind.