DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

I like Kimchi Ramen for that.  As for the whole "Hope you find God one day" thing, I'd probably respond with something like "Well, I actually found god long ago. I mean, geeez, how could you not? Dude is everywhere! Politics, culture, history. But I learned that shit just wasn't for me, so I tune him out like his last name was Kardashian." 

Just send him a similar message: "Dear cuz, thanks for your message. You are in my thoughts as well. Please know that I hope you will acknowledge the utter falsity of your religion, and know you will one day."

Work in a bit more "Organised religion is - and always has been - an aristocratic conspiracy to make the proletariat enthusiastically complicit in their own oppression" and he might leave you alone for a bit.

• Like 2

Speaking of outrageously hot food, those Totino's Bold gimmicks are just absurd.  Zero flavor, all heat.

You guys don't have Doritos Roulette yet in the U.S., do you?

http://www.foodbeast.com/2014/07/07/new-doritos-roulette-bags-contain-one-extremely-spicy-chip-in-every-handful/

Last month, PepsiCo Canada launched a new Doritos flavor party game in which a few chips in the regularly Nacho Cheese-flavored bag are ridiculously spicy, allowing sadistic children everywhere to enjoy a whole new form of schadenfreude-fueled glee simply by sharing a bag.

I've never actually had a bag, but I love the concept.

• Like 2

I was in court and went to the jury room to watch a video. Another lawyer was having problems with her video (wrong codecs or whatever) so she asked if she could watch it on my laptop. I said sure, and as we were trying various programs to get it to work, my Firefox browser popped up ... And I had a YouTube video of the Briscoes vs Hardys match up. I have been exposed as a wrestling fan at my place of work.

I also had the DVDVR on another tab.

• Like 3

Turns out that the security guard who was wounded at the Parliament Hill shootings in Ottawa on Wednesday is someone I went to school with from grade 1 until the end of high school.  I'd lost touch with him, just knew he was in some kind of official security job (there's a picture on his Facebook of him working security for Obama, I assume on some sort of presidential visit to Canada) but wow.  He had no weapon and tried to disarm the shooter.  That's got to be the biggest moment of his life right there.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/10/23/wounded_security_guard_const_samearn_son_hailed_as_hero.html

I'd like to know how it says "Peoria Prancer" above my avatar, even tho I am from Central MN, and there are sooooooooo many people on here that have "Minnesota Purple Rage" above theirs?  After dealing with the Vikings the last couple of weeeks, I don't think there are many posters on here (other than Gonzo), who are filled with Minnesota Purple Rage than myself.

A couple weeks ago, I got home from work, hopped on the elliptical and did a nice 45-minute workout.  My dog was giving me that "dude, I need to go outside" look so I took him outside - still sweaty and stuff from the workout.  It was chilly outside and naturally an hour later, I'm feeling the effects of a cold.  That was 15 days ago and the damn cold still won't go away.  I feel generally OK but the half box of kleenex I'm going through every day sure says otherwise...

I prefer rubbing Chinese White Oil under my nose in times like those.

If you have a Chinese Supermarket near you go up to the medicinal counter and ask for #4White Flower Analgesic Balm (white package with blue design and lettering).It is a mix of eucalyptus, lavender, and peppermint oils.  Great for putting on aches and pains, arthritis, and clearing the sinus like Vicks Vapo Rub (just a drop or two).

http://www.amazon.com/White-Flower-Analgesic-Balm-Regular/dp/B002OCJ1CA?tag=fixlink-20

You want Regular Large.  Regular Small here will fix some problems but make others worse.

So I apparently left my car unlocked last night and somebody broke in.  I can't tell that they took anything - maybe a charging code for a phone but maybe not even that.  No damage or anything, just annoying.  They could have at least stolen my wife's - yes, my wife's, not mine - Katy Perry CD, fer cryin' out loud.

• Like 1