DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

What if I just do Macho Man's 'cream of the crop' promo word for word? Will that cover all my bases?

Only if you stand up and turn around while pointing upwards at some point during the video.

Otherwise, no, it doesn't count.

Then again, I may be crossing my Savage promos. I don't know.

Last night, my hometown team faced Trotwood Madison in the Ohio Div III Quarter Finals. The last time they faced them in the playoffs, Trotwood decisively defeated them in the Second Round. This was the first time ever that Wapak has gone this far in the playoffs. Well, it was 28-28 at the end of regulation. 4 OT's later, Trotwood defeated Wapak 34-28. They finished the season at 12-1, and ended the regular season, #1 in region 10 and #4 in division III. Sadden by their loss, but proud of their accomplishment this season.

Tuesday morning I found myself driving through a lake effect snowstorm to get up to Battle Creek, Michigan. What is normally an hour and forty-five minute drive turned into a three hour ordeal. I finally got to my first customer. I pulled out my ramp, climbed up in the truck and loaded my two wheel cart with the delivery. I didn't really pay any attention to the slickness of the ramp. As I pushed the cart down onto the ramp and stepped down I reached up to grab the strap to pull the door down as I walked down the ramp. Normally this works like a charm but not this day. As I stepped down onto the ramp both myself and the cart went flying off the ramp and onto the ground. I landed on my left knee and right shoulder. It was like doing a combination knee drop and elbow drop off the top rope and missing. I laid there for a few minutes figuring out what the hell just happened. Good thing is I landed in about five inches of snow and that really cushioned the fall.
Other than a stiff neck for a few days and a scraped knee I got off pretty damned lucky.

• Like 1

I just had a moment yesterday where I wish people would stop being so encouraging and honestly tell my I'm not cut out for something.  Earlier this year I decided to go back to school, and I've felt like it's the worst decision I've ever made.  From not having any idea what I want to major in, to being completely useless at writing a research paper, it's clear to me that I'm not cut out for this.  I open up to friends about it and get the "it'll all be worth it, don't give up" blah blah fucking blah.  Just tell me it's not for everyone so I don't feel bad about quitting.

• Like 1

So, I have a couple of co-workers I take walks around the block with on breaks. When one of us is late, (usually me,) the other two say "Keep to the code" and leave him behind. If the one left behind is up for it, he goes around the loop the other direction and meets up with the group.

This morning, I was doing this with my hood on, and as always, that made me think of Assassin's Creed. At one point a big rig pulled into a driveway between us when we were still about a hundred feet apart or so. When it did, I went into a parking lot and ducked behind a pickup truck, so when the truck passed, I was out of sight.

They checked behind some bushes, but didn't find me. I went up behind them, held out an arm towards each of them and yelled "SQUARE!"

So my wife, in laws and myself were emailed, by my sister in law, a list of topics to avoid around her husband at Thanksgiving. This eighteen item list includes Ferguson, Obamacare, immigration reform, welfare, Obama, why his sister's fiancee isn't at dinner, the health of their dying dog, his job and Bowe Bergdahl. Thougb sent to all of us I feel, because I am a noted bleeding heart liberal, that most of this list is aimed at me.

Am I wrong to be incredibly insulted by this? I've known this guy for years and I know his political views are diametrically opposed to my own. It's never been an issue because we mostly talk about sports, video games and meaningless bullshit. I also am not the type to go into someone's house and start a political debate or try to get a rise out of them. I had an Uncle who ruined most family holidays with that bullshit, I know better.

So now these topics, that I never would have brought up, are simmering in my brain. I almost feel a need to bring them up now just because I was told not to. Which is immature and silly and would ruin Thanksgiving. So I wont do it. Although...

So my wife, in laws and myself were emailed, by my sister in law, a list of topics to avoid around her husband at Thanksgiving. This eighteen item list includes Ferguson, Obamacare, immigration reform, welfare, Obama, why his sister's fiancee isn't at dinner, the health of their dying dog, his job and Bowe Bergdahl. Thougb sent to all of us I feel, because I am a noted bleeding heart liberal, that most of this list is aimed at me.

Am I wrong to be incredibly insulted by this? I've known this guy for years and I know his political views are diametrically opposed to my own. It's never been an issue because we mostly talk about sports, video games and meaningless bullshit. I also am not the type to go into someone's house and start a political debate or try to get a rise out of them. I had an Uncle who ruined most family holidays with that bullshit, I know better.

So now these topics, that I never would have brought up, are simmering in my brain. I almost feel a need to bring them up now just because I was told not to. Which is immature and silly and would ruin Thanksgiving. So I wont do it. Although...

Yes, you're wrong to be insulted.  It's a blanket pre-emptive strike against arguments.  No need to read any more into it.

It seems childish to me.  Most people have no desire to discuss heavy topics during a holiday anyway, but if he can't do so without getting into an argument, that's a him problem.  While I wouldn't take it personally (she sent the list to everyone, not just you) and I would respect the list, I would think less of him and would consider other places to stay for the holidays in the future.  Who needs to walk on pins and needles just to spare one person's precious feelings?  In a way, that can ruin YOUR holiday, trying to be so careful around him.

• Like 1

It seems childish to me. Most people have no desire to discuss heavy topics during a holiday anyway, but if he can't do so without getting into an argument, that's a him problem. While I wouldn't take it personally (she sent the list to everyone, not just you) and I would respect the list, I would think less of him and would consider other places to stay for the holidays in the future. Who needs to walk on pins and needles just to spare one person's precious feelings? In a way, that can ruin YOUR holiday, trying to be so careful around him.

Offspring, Burgundy is just provoking you so we can all read the hilarious details of the meltdown. She's an evil god damned genius.

• Like 1

You're all nicer people than me, someone sends me that list and it suddenly becomes my personal checklist of things to talk about.  I would literally print it out, put it on the table, and check it off as I went down the list.   :)  I do 'censor' myself around my family but its at my discretion, not someone else's.

• Like 3

You hopefully eventually get to a point in life where eating turkey and being with family supersedes everything so long as everyone just keeps that shit to themselves and instead just collectively make jokes about the one relative everyone finds creepy who isn't there.

• Like 1

Well, you can pick your friends but not your relatives. Since moving to NM, I don't need to deal with my family. No real animosity (except toward my sister), just a bunch of folks that I have nothing in common with and see no point in getting together once a year just to affirm that.

Kathy's family are pretty cool, most are Republicans, so I mock them for that, but all in fun. (Especially my gay nephew who keeps running for and losing minor political offices... Good guy, but I have fun asking him to enumerate good things that the GOP has done for gays, Native Americans, or pretty much any minority.) He'll hem and haw and finally admit that he's just following his parents' wishes...

Kathy (Mrs. OSJ) is as always bound and determined to make turkey dinner, despite the fact that I don't really care for it. So we have a 14 lb bird and to my knowledge, no one showing up to help eat it. Well, one sister-in-law has said she'll stop by for a bit, my brother-in-law won't come because we don't have any alcohol in the house and God forbid that he go an hour without a beer or shot of Yukon Jack. The youngest sister-in-law and her hubby may stop by which would be really cool. We also have two pounds of shrimp to cook, and I can always count on little bro to help me do damage to quantities of seafood. At least I won't have to watch any football, that's why God made the WWE Network, so guys like me that hate football have something else to watch on the holidays.

You're all nicer people than me, someone sends me that list and it suddenly becomes my personal checklist of things to talk about.  I would literally print it out, put it on the table, and check it off as I went down the list.   :)  I do 'censor' myself around my family but its at my discretion, not someone else's.

I would be sorely tempted after getting that list to dig out one of the Obama bumper stickers the campaign mailed me and I never put on my car, and like stick it to my shirt.

So my wife, in laws and myself were emailed a list...

austinecw.jpg

Don't go looking at me all pissed off, you're the one that married an asshole.

• Like 2

It all went ok. I ignored my base urge to try to work all the topics into one sentence. My Father-In-Law did make a Cosby joke and after a tense second or two as we all wondered "was that on the list???" it was all smooth sailing.

Btw I missed this fact in my original post, BIL was not given the list. That was one of the key things that pissed me off, so of course I left it out of my rambling diatribe.

I went to lunch at a Chinese buffet today. A woman ate at least 4 plates then loudly proclaimed, "there was a hair in my food. I ain't paying for this sh*t" and walked out before anyone could stop her.

Don't buffet's pay in advance?

I went to lunch at a Chinese buffet today. A woman ate at least 4 plates then loudly proclaimed, "there was a hair in my food. I ain't paying for this sh*t" and walked out before anyone could stop her.

Don't buffet's pay in advance?

It depends. Sometimes you pay at the beginning but most of the ones I've gone to, they hand you a check at the end and you pay.